Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time To Rest Players? Yellow Cards This Season

Pratley,Gallagher and Lockyer   are on 4 yellow cards, would you rest any of them for the Preston game, so they can’t pick up a card, and end up missing the Millwall match?

Comments

• No because we got no other fuckers to play!
  • rest Pratley as he will be more use against Mwall and Cullen can cover his position on Sunday
    possibly rest Lockyer if LB thinks Sarr can cover
  • Wouldn’t rest them, but probably very likely one will get a yellow. 
  • Playing 2nd in table. Need to put out our best side. But don't they set up 4-4-2?  May cause variation in line-up. 
  • No, because Saturday is just as important. A really tough game too against an excellent and in form Preston side
  • I'd rather we had our best team out for the team second in the league, than the noisy neighbours down the road...
  • No, because Saturday is just as important. A really tough game too against an excellent and in form Preston side
    This.

Pratley rotates anyway.

Think about Millwall after Preston.
  • We are not making playoffs so would rather we had best team against Millwall !! 
  • edited October 2019
    Pratley has been excellent this season , but personally I’d save him for Millwall, (and put him on the bench v Preston) when an experienced head is just what we need in midfield for the Millwall game.

I’m sure Lee will suss it out, but knowing our luck at the moment with losing players, all 3 of them will play versus Preston, pick up a card and end up missing the Millwall game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope. Play who you've got. Deal with the future as it happens.
  • The immediate priority is getting the best result possible from our next home match.
  • LenGlover said:
    The immediate priority is getting the best result possible from our next home match.
    We'll probably lose on sunday no matter who we pick. I'll bet at least one of the 3 will pick up a booking on sunday....most likely all 3 will. I'd rest them all & play some of the youngsters. Beating Millwall is all that matters. As Pp said, we aint going up this season  & we aint getting relegated.

Oshilaja, Pearce& Sarr in defence, Solly, Purrington, Cullen, Kayal, Oztumer in midfield, Bonne & Leko up front.

Job done.

• LenGlover said:
    The immediate priority is getting the best result possible from our next home match.
    We'll probably lose on sunday no matter who we pick. I'll bet at least one of the 3 will pick up a booking on sunday....most likely all 3 will. I'd rest them all & play some of the youngsters. Beating Millwall is all that matters. As Pp said, we aint going up this season  & we aint getting relegated.

Oshilaja, Pearce& Sarr in defence, Solly, Purrington, Cullen, Kayal, Oztumer in midfield, Bonne & Leko up front.

Job done.

No way are we guaranteed to be mid table. The playoffs are a possibility, and so is relegation, that 10 point cushion could go in a few weeks.

• Three points are available from each and every game. Play the team that gives you the best chance of winning the game.

Even so it’s not nailed on that any of those three pick up a card against Preston anyway. It took them fourteen games to get to four.

• Beating Millwall is all that matters. 
    To you, maybe. But not to Bowyer and 90% of sensible Charlton fans.
  •  golfaddick said:
    LenGlover said:

Job done.

Some proper guff on this thread!  We're not going up?  Have you seen the league table, we can absolutely make the play offs, only a few points in it, it's only October!
  • Those writing off our chances of promotion are a lot like Aribo, Grant and Bauer. You don’t realise what we’ve got here. As long as Bowyer stays you’ll learn eventually.
  • Play to win every game,if players get booked,there you go.We need to win sunday,worry about other games on monday morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Job done.

“We’ll probably lose”?

We didn’t bloody lose to Leeds, Fulham, Derby or West Brom so I reckon we’ve got a chance.

Wouldn’t have wanted to be alongside you in the trenches! 
  • LenGlover said:
    ...Beating Millwall is all that matters...

Corrected that for you, as they say.

Anyway, is there a moratorium on yellows this season? If so, when?
  • sam3110 said:
    Some idiotic comments on here, you play your best team regardless. Millwall is just another game in reality it's no more important than any other League game and I'm sure Bowyer won't be thinking about it until after Preston
    Completely agree but it may be best to stay off this forum if we lose against Millwall that Saturday night

Even a draw and I can see the sort of comments that will make some of us bang our heads against the wall

"Embarrassment" | "Bottlers" will surely be a couple of words used to describe the players
  • Lee knows best , in Lord Bowyer we trust !

After all, he's got us this far , which is better than most expected.

• edited October 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Some idiotic comments on here, you play your best team regardless. Millwall is just another game in reality it's no more important than any other League game and I'm sure Bowyer won't be thinking about it until after Preston
    Completely agree but it may be best to stay off this forum if we lose against Millwall that Saturday night

Even a draw and I can see the sort of comments that will make some of us bang our heads against the wall

"Embarrassment" | "Bottlers" will surely be a couple of words used to describe the players
    Yes, this. If we fail to win I won’t be on here that weekend, for the pure fact that there will be a massive overreaction, even with a draw.

A win and I’ll be buzzing of course, that’s completely different.

Regarding the team for Sunday, it has to be our best available team. It’s pointless otherwise and what message does that send out to the players coming in or being left out for the week after? What message does that say about the rest of the season? Pick our strongest side and if we are winning, then look at taking them off if suitable and begin to have the following week in mind.

Take each game as it comes, just the way Bow has always been.
  • Trouble is we can rest Pratley against Preston ready for Millwall but whats to say he doesnt get injured in training?

Or do we give the lads the week off between Preston and Millwall just to be safe or even get them to train in those Zorb things?

As for the Millwall game; Its going to be 0-0 with Bonne missing a one v one in the 90th minute when all he had to do was pass it to Taylor to put it into an empty net
  • se9addick said:
    LenGlover said:

Job done.

“We’ll probably lose”?

We didn’t bloody lose to Leeds, Fulham, Derby or West Brom so I reckon we’ve got a chance.

Wouldn’t have wanted to be alongside you in the trenches! 
    You’re forgetting this is Golfie . THE most negative poster in the history of CL . 😉
  • Bowyer will see both as winnable games, therefore will not "weaken" his team in order to fight for "more likely" points at Millwall, that is nonsense.

However he may view it as foolish to risk all three as then he would could have an effective 13 injuries for the game against our next opposition.

Injuries plus potential suspensions may lead to a minor change in approach this Sunday.
  • V Millwall essentially is just another game worth 3 points .. why risk playing a weakened team before playing them when all points are invaluable ? 
  • Fuck millwall. Our U23’s would beat those mugs. If you’re fit and ready, you play. You play your best team for Preston, beat them, and then paste the next.