Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is 'promote'?

I have been on this forum for a while now, and still not sure. I did search but couldn't find much, so hoping someone can help me.

Some users on here, when I click their profile.. some have a small amount of 'promotes'. What actually is that? When I click on them they just seem like normal posts.

Hoping somebody can provide some clarity.

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Means the poster has a cock of 9+ inches
    Explains why I don't have one then.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Not true, I’ve got 4.
  • Options
    They are CL's equivalent of a Michelin Star, to those of us who hold three, no big deal, a minimum requirement to post and just an acknowledgment from your mods/peers that you are a person of integrity.

To some, desperately keen to to achieve them, they are indicative of a corrupt forum that favours the elite and proof of a secret clique.

And to be truthful, I have always wondered myself but I believe its when a moderator feels that a particular post is worthy of recognition.         

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Please delete my previous submissions.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Reminds me of the pic I took to earn my promote!! - Was a warm night that ervening!!

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    They are CL's equivalent of a Michelin Star, to those of us who hold three, no big deal, a minimum requirement to post and just an acknowledgment from your mods/peers that you are a person of integrity. Absolutely.

To some, desperately keen to to achieve them, they are indicative of a corrupt forum that favours the elite and proof of a secret clique. The key word here is 'desperately'

And to be truthful, I have always wondered myself but I believe its when a moderator feels that a particular post is worthy of recognition. See first point.        

• Options
    Only the very elite on Charlton life have a promote. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Around here Promote = Sycophant.
  • Options
    It's uncouth to brag about your promotes
  • Options

I have been on this forum for a while now, and still not sure. I did search but couldn't find much, so hoping someone can help me.

Some users on here, when I click their profile.. some have a small amount of 'promotes'. What actually is that? When I click on them they just seem like normal posts.

Hoping somebody can provide some clarity.

How very dare you. I just read one of my promotes and it's that good it deserves an annual promote.
    My second promote was for services rendered to the CL community re information on play off tickets   :smile:
  • Options
    It's about time we had a Promote League Table.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Around here Promote = Sycophant.
    Feck orf.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Not true, I’ve got 4.
    That’s promotes not inches
    Do you have more or less? Just to set the record straight.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am extremely proud of my one. I get it out and rub it hard every day to keep it shiny and new.

edit: my promote that is.
  • Options
    Whatever they're for and however they're decided, there's one certainty.  That is that @Jessie should have one for the contribution to this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87148/thurrock-people-trafficking-incident/p2 

I wonder if @i_b_b_o_r_g would be kind enough to look into it. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Reminds me of the pic I took to earn my promote!! - Was a warm night that ervening!!

You still using that vibrator?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Just means at some point you've posted something the mods really approve of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Whatever they're for and however they're decided, there's one certainty.  That is that @Jessie should have one for the contribution to this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87148/thurrock-people-trafficking-incident/p2 

I wonder if @i_b_b_o_r_g would be kind enough to look into it. 
    Seeing as it's you mate
  • Options
    Proud to have three. Mainly down to my old movie reviews and my Christmas movie recommendations. I hope to make it four in December 😛
  • Options
    Well I don’t have any promotes - tells you all you need to know!!!  If I got one I’d donate it to charity!!!
  • Options
    Only the very elite on Charlton life have a promote. 
    I have two :)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I must have the most with 9 :wink:

Shit, was looking at my likes
  • Options
    Proud to have three. Mainly down to my old movie reviews and my Christmas movie recommendations. I hope to make it four in December 😛
    Do you remember when I gave you a joke flag and you got the hump

:D 
  • Options
    Given what my solitary promote is for, I suspect the mods sometimes suffer from a case of "fat finger syndrome" though :-)  (Either that or it was a case of not being able to see straight after too much time in the pub after the 2nd leg of the play-off semi)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Just the three for me.