Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice

13»

Comments

• Options
    Worth keeping Lottie in just to see her squirm in the interviews.
    I have this horrible feeling she's going to have really polished, well thought out business plan and we're going to be denied seeing her get her comeuppance.

No surprises that the first words out her mouth this week were "I once bought a bottle of perfume so I'm basically a world authority on the stuff." (I'm paraphrasing, obviously). It's a shudder inducing window into the privileged and sheltered world that some people live in that they could even think for a second that helping a couple of mates pick their "wedding perfume" (is that even a thing in the real world - I'm pretty sure most people just use a squirt of whatever they already have in the bathroom cabinet?) is sufficient work and effort to make yourself some kind of expert. I mean what she's basically saying is "I know how to smell stuff and then offer an opinion on whether I think it smells nice" yet she thinks that makes here special. Ironic then that her team went on to produce a fragrance that made everyone's eyes water.
  • Options
    Love the interview round. 

This was a classic https://youtu.be/7_9IlYOgSLQ
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

One of the best moments of TV this century.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Hahahaha was discussing this with my mrs last night, brilliant stuff 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

One of the best moments of TV this century.
    The way he walks the wrong way at the end just caps this moment of Apprentice gold!
  • Options
    And you have to feel for the candidates who finished 4th and 5th who got no taxi speech send off (this time next year, we’ll be millionaires blah blah), nor did they get to receive their free scarf.

Lottie 🦁’s business plan was something else. No figures but it was all in her head. Give me strength.
  • Options
    How many serious young business people want to go through 10 weeks of nonsense to give away 50% of their business for £250K.  Sugar will be paid way more than that to do the show so it is a free punt for him.  This year has really been poor in candidate quality though.  Corina and Thomas being by far the best two as honest grafters and decent people.  I'm glad Lottie left, I suspect Sugar has wanted the opportunity to sack her for some time.
  • Options
    He has to go back to offering them a job, beyond seeing what little of the candidates as we do and how the programme is edited now makes it a really cheap version of what it was. 

Thomas was by far the most likeable person this year. Lottie was a piece of work and clashed wonderfully with him and I naively assumed she had a rock solid business plan. And that's what it comes down to, surely, surely you would have nailed your business plan with numbers, projections growth forecasts and if it is an existing business shown all your profit and loss if for no other reason than to not be humiliated at the interview stage. 

Claude has also gone from fearsome baldilocks to the most camp dandy on the box

Karen Brady can just fuck right off
  • Options
    Couldn't believe the poor standard of the final five was. Am sure Thomas could have told them how much he sells pillows for, and how he hoped to expand his business. The five didn't have a clue! No figures, no thought just pipe dreams from kids. The baker who can't bake must win it, but scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor business plans. The flaw with the current format is that the candidates voted off earlier may have better business plans than the ones left

Lottie got a "with regret" from LS so he clearly didn't seem to share the hatred of her that a lot of viewers did!

• Options
    Poor business plans. The flaw with the current format is that the candidates voted off earlier may have better business plans than the ones left

Lottie got a "with regret" from LS so he clearly didn't seem to share the hatred of her that a lot of viewers did!

Sugar and the rest know what all their business plans are from the start. He wouldn't fire someone if he liked the plan. Just looks like every plan was shit this year.
  • Options
    Yeah none of them are any good this year, even the bakery idea seems OK but it's really not going to be able to compete in an already saturated market. 
  • Options
    thomas has lined himself up for celebrity big brother or something of that ilk. 
  • Options
    thomas has lined himself up for celebrity big brother or something of that ilk. 
    I'm sure he'd be top entertainment on Winter Love Island lol
  • Options
    I hope he doesn't do that, he is essentially someone we all know from a friendship group or the pub who is doing well with a business he has built up himself from scratch.

He has a way about him that makes him easy to like but some thick hippy tv producer will completely patronise him and plonk him into a geezer stereotypical casting on some tumourous reality tv programme and giggle away at the equally thick viewers. 

• Options
    Carter said:
    I hope he doesn't do that, he is essentially someone we all know from a friendship group or the pub who is doing well with a business he has built up himself from scratch.

He has a way about him that makes him easy to like but some thick hippy tv producer will completely patronise him and plonk him into a geezer stereotypical casting on some tumourous reality tv programme and giggle away at the equally thick viewers

Like... The Apprentice?
  • Options
    Carter said:

He has a way about him that makes him easy to like but some thick hippy tv producer will completely patronise him and plonk him into a geezer stereotypical casting on some tumourous reality tv programme and giggle away at the equally thick viewers. 

totally agree
  • Options
    hasn't Sugar previously invested in at least two other recruitment businesses ?

Certainly Ricky Martin was one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Sugar and the rest know what all their business plans are from the start. He wouldn't fire someone if he liked the plan. Just looks like every plan was shit this year.
    Dean's sports management business looked pretty good, but he himself was pretty hopeless on the task
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    The final five do seem to be very poor this year ... although considering some of the dross that has been kicked out earlier, it could have been much worse.

Lottie only got this far because the show always needs that type of focal point for viewing purposes. A person who pretended she had been in the music business for 15 years (at the age of 19) and considered herself a renowned perfume expert because she had helped choose perfume for some friends weddings. But the reason she really had to go was because she had no financials in her business plan ... ohh, it's ok, its all in my head! Ridiculous.

Lewis totally screwed up by not even having visited the prime destination he intended to endorse for his travel company. 

Pamela, a beauty brand owner with no products! WTF!

So we end up with a recruiter (Scarlett) who has admitted lying on her CV and pretending she had an OU degree ... and yet she still got through to the final two! I can understand why because she is reasonably competent, but for a recruiter to basically endorse lying, it is crazy.

And the probably winner, Carina. To be fair she has been on the winning team 9/10 times and does seem to have some good ideas. Although her plan to be on every high street within a couple of years is just a pipe dream. 

Said it before, but I would have liked to have seen Thomas in the final ... however it was not to be. 

Isn't lying the modus operandi for recruiters?