Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vlogging- Fun or a Pain. Discuss

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    100% hate them why can't people just go to the game and enjoy it rather than filming the game and they're self live for the moment. It's because of them I'm starting to fall out of love with football as you now see a hell of a lot of people on their phone. Maybe I'm old(34) but i used to love every min at game with my dad and the people around me but not so much now. On Saturday i count about 10 people filming the game then there self when we scored i just don't get it. 
    You chose to count people filming, rather than celebrate when we scored? Probably too busy seething at others enjoying themselves to enjoy the game yourself.
    Or maybe it was because I wanted to talk to a friend behind me. So sorry I turned around. As well as the idiot next to me waving a phone in front of my face 
    Don't apologise for your speedy counting skills.
    A stand up comedian I see. It's good to know that in your eyes people can't have different views in life 
     I've never once said people can't have different views. It's your opinion to own. Mine is different, despite the fact I'd never bother with a vlog personally.

If vlogs are the thing to make you fall out of love with the game, it's really quite sad. 

Not the maniacal owner, not the flip fopping between league 1 and the championship, not racism making a resurgence in the game but vloggers?

Most of those you counted probably (almost definitely) aren't vlogging. Probably sending snapchats or whatsapps to friends and family. 

The people around us have changed so much since the 90's yet some have stayed the change. Embrace change or ignore it, don't be mad at it. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    He's made his comments that he doesn't like it which is allowed, i dont see the need to be so sarky about him voicing his opinion dazzler.  

Read through other threads and he doesn't offer much else.
  • Options
    FWIW they don’t really bother me that much, I quite like the away ones and views/sounds from the Jimmy Seed when we score. But if I had one sitting next to me and I could hear their constant commentary on the game I’d probably tell them they’re doing my head in. Plus when we score I enjoy that feeling of not knowing what to do or say, maybe a punch of the air whilst grabbing my mate or a fucking get in there, not a oh shit whack out the iPhone, press play and keep still.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    100% hate them why can't people just go to the game and enjoy it rather than filming the game and they're self live for the moment. It's because of them I'm starting to fall out of love with football as you now see a hell of a lot of people on their phone. Maybe I'm old(34) but i used to love every min at game with my dad and the people around me but not so much now. On Saturday i count about 10 people filming the game then there self when we scored i just don't get it. 
    You chose to count people filming, rather than celebrate when we scored? Probably too busy seething at others enjoying themselves to enjoy the game yourself.
    Or maybe it was because I wanted to talk to a friend behind me. So sorry I turned around. As well as the idiot next to me waving a phone in front of my face 
    Don't apologise for your speedy counting skills.
    A stand up comedian I see. It's good to know that in your eyes people can't have different views in life 
     I've never once said people can't have different views. It's your opinion to own. Mine is different, despite the fact I'd never bother with a vlog personally.

If vlogs are the thing to make you fall out of love with the game, it's really quite sad. 

Not the maniacal owner, not the flip fopping between league 1 and the championship, not racism making a resurgence in the game but vloggers?

Most of those you counted probably (almost definitely) aren't vlogging. Probably sending snapchats or whatsapps to friends and family. 

The people around us have changed so much since the 90's yet some have stayed the change. Embrace change or ignore it, don't be mad at it. 
    Your right I should not let it brother i was only saying. Maybe I am sad like you stay. But I have moved on with the times and how things have changed.

I have had my season ticket for 22 years in a row been all round the uk with Charlton for away games and have some fantastic memories.

Yes vlogers are one of my issue with football and we all know what roland is doing to our club over the last 5/6 years he has sucked the life out of us all the only good thing is Bowyer. I for one could not care what league we are in as long as the team gives 100%.

Sky has killed my love to by keep moving the games about. Due to my job now I don't get to go much but still pay for a season which bugs me.

I feel social can be great for people to stay in touch with each other. But there is a very dark side like racism. Some of the thing I have read and watched online is shocking. That's why I have chosen to stay away from twitter and Facebook. You only got to look at what people say to our players its shocking let alone other players.

We are not going to agree with each other.

• Options
    I wasn't calling you sad, I was saying that it'd be sad if people taking pictures and filming at games is the thing that makes you lose your love of the game. 

It wasn't my place to challenge your view, was having a shite afternoon at work and ranted on a thread which is super ironic as I was telling myself not to get mad at the situation there. 

I'll shut up on this thread now. 

Apologies @CharltonDave85  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wasn't calling you sad, I was saying that it'd be sad if people taking pictures and filming at games is the thing that makes you lose your love of the game. 

It wasn't my place to challenge your view, was having a shite afternoon at work and ranted on a thread which is super ironic as I was telling myself not to get mad at the situation there. 

I'll shut up on this thread now. 

Apologies @CharltonDave85  
    Don't worry about it, as my wife would say it's only a game 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mascot88 said:
    Let them be... they are almost certainly making zero money... with less than 2000 subscribers, some, like that bolton girl, is doing it as part of her media degree, and it's obviously a passion project for Tyler and Millie. 

Personally living abroad it's great to get a video from within the Covered end, they are actually quite courageous putting themselves out there and opening themselves up to ridicule and judgement, like this thread for example. 

It's very clear that teenagers all over the country who are doing this at all of their respected clubs get a lot of negativity, which in itself is kind of character building I suppose. 

If you don't like it, don't watch or if you think it can be done better learn the skills and do it yourself. 

It's views not subs that make money.
    Yeah... and they ain't getting enough of either... 
  • Options
    I have watched a few of these short films but until I read this thread, I had no idea they were called vlogs. 

I'm well into my sixties and I'm still learning!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you like them watch them, if you don't don't. 
  • Options

Leeds vlogger is quality to be fair.

As much as I dislike Leeds, can't fault their atmosphere and some of their chants are absolutely hilarious.

• Options

Leeds vlogger is quality to be fair.

As much as I dislike Leeds, can't fault their atmosphere and some of their chants are absolutely hilarious.

West Yorkshire filth .
  • Options
    Seen some shambolic song sung in our end has been picked up on a vlog which has now had to be deleted as it was getting too much stick. Cringe all round. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Seen some shambolic song sung in our end has been picked up on a vlog which has now had to be deleted as it was getting too much stick. Cringe all round. 
    Please elaborate 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Croydon said:
    Please elaborate 
    It was the 'get battered everywhere they go' song being sung about Millwall but we've not even played them yet and just sounded pretty cringe
  • Options
    It’d be great to sing when we beat them 4-0 in April and it relegates them...
  • Options
    Watched a bit of a Thogden vlog last night.

The geezer has bigger lips than Leslie Ash!