Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 23 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can you watch this online? Got sky go but no red button games :(
    Not via. SKY Go you wont

Can pay £5 (using VPN) or £10 (no VPN) on ValleyPass though
  • Options
    Don't think so mate. 
  • Options
    Come on you reds 
    3 points tomorrow and we go 2nd
    Get in Lee bowyers red army
  • Options
    Don't think so mate. 
    I'll be watching on the sky sports app on my tablet. Need a sky sports subscription for this.
  • Options
    Oztumer needs to realise he's playing for his career now and grab this chance.
  • Options
    Don't think so mate. 
    I'll be watching on the sky sports app on my tablet. Need a sky sports subscription for this.
    Sky Go?
  • Options
    BBC site states defender Jack Hunt will have a late fitness test as he has a hamstring problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    mendonca said:
    Don't think so mate. 
    Sky Go?
    You wont get the red button game options on sky go app, you'll need to download the Sky Sports app and enter login details to watch live tv. When you click on the main game it will give you a drop down menu of games to choose from.
  • Options
    Tricky fixture at the best of times. Without Williams could be very tricky to create openings. Bore draw will do for me but I fear 1-0 Brizzle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Third if we win (need to win by 3 to go second). 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Third if we win (need to win by 3 to go second). 
    Depends on the Forest result. They could also win and stay above us which would mean 4th with a win (or 3rd if by three goals).

I’d be bloody ecstatic if this time tomorrow we are level on points with Leeds and only WBA (and maybe Forest) are above us - with a potential chance to leapfrog WBA at the weekend don’t forget.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    —————Phillips
    ——Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie Cullen Field F-Caskey
    ————Gallagher
    ————Bonne Leko

Amos, Oshilaja, Pratley, Purrington, Kayal, Oztumer, Hemed

Kayal will get his first start at the Hawthorns as Field drops out of the eighteen.
  • Options
    2-1, Gallagher and Bonne.

A big performance and three points to keep us sniffing around the play offs. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Oztumer needs to realise he's playing for his career now and grab this chance.
    Oztumer was fantastic on his debut at home against Forest for the 60 minutes he was on. The main problem is coming from Walsall and a dispirited Bolton, the demands of playing for Cafc in the championship is so much higher; as Hemed and Aneke are finding out. The bar is raised and some fans genuinely believe Charlton can go up ! What happens when Gallagher and Cullen go back to their Parent club ?
    Taylor moves on and Williams can only play a limited amount of matches.

Enjoy these matches while we can, because loan players go back and to replicate finding another Conor or Josh would be neigh on impossible.

A draw would be a cracking result this evening and both Kayal and Hemed need encouragement as the skill set is there but the sharpness can only come with games;
    Football's catch 22.

1-1

• Options
    Looking forwards to this one!  

I think picking up seven points from the Leeds, Swansea, Fulham & Derby match - capped off by a big win in the latter, gives Bowyer a little bit of freedom today. He’ll play Leko and Field given that they are ineligible on Saturday but he might be tempted to rotate a bit more and give Kayal and/or Hemed a start.

Oz could come in for Williams tonight , but I just love watching Johnny play! 

Looking forward to the match, not looking forward to the train getting back into London at gone midnight and having to be up early for work tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I think bonne may be rested as he has to play saturday since we are without leko.
  • Options
    Be delighted with 2 points from next 2 anything more is a bonus. 
    Agreed, we really mustn't get ahead of ourselves

I was delighted with the 3 points against Derby as it takes the pressure off us, knowing that whatever happens we have 3 points minimum from a block of tough games. If we had lost on Saturday, then there would have been more pressure tonight, with the genuine possibility of 0 out of 9.
  • Options
    I think bonne may be rested as he has to play saturday since we are without leko.
    He was subbed early to rest him on Saturday. That's a sign of how stretched we are up front this week, but also how he's come on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Pearce | Forster-Caskey
    Cullen | Field | Gallagher
    Oztumer | Leko | Kayal

Is what I'm going for with Oztumer and Kayal playing slightly behind Leko

Maybe Hemed to start up front if we go with two Strikers?

Can see Bonne being asked to play up top on his own against West Brom, like what we saw from the Fulham match
  • Options
    I get the logic of resting Bonne, especially as we’ll be a couple of men down, but is there an argument for keeping a striker that is in good scoring form (against tough opposition) in the side and then dealing with Saturday when it comes?
  • Options
    Dont forget though that West Brom have 24-hours to prepare for us again

I really dont know why the EFL / SKY / Whoever have done this

Cant be too difficult to ensure that teams facing each other on a Saturday have played the same day in midweek to ensure that no one gets an advantage

Although it appears as though it'll work both ways... i.e. the Saturday we play Sheffield Wednesday on the TV; we'll have played Luton on the Tuesday beforehand; Sheff Wed play Birmingham City on the Wednesday
  • Options
    I think it is natural but pointless looking at the league position. The important thin is to stay in the pack and hopefully Duchatelet will see there is a window of opportunity there or somebody else does. I know that is unlikely, but it is all we can do.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I get the logic of resting Bonne, especially as we’ll be a couple of men down, but is there an argument for keeping a striker that is in good scoring form (against tough opposition) in the side and then dealing with Saturday when it comes?
    Play him tonight if he’s fit because with 3 goals in 4 games he is obviously in form and picking up points tonight will be easier to do than on Saturday. Don’t sacrifice tonight’s chance of winning in case we also lose on Saturday. 
    Agreed. When we're 4-0 up tonight, take him off to rest him for Saturday  :)
  • Options
    Commentary on Radio London tonight.
  • Options

Get a point out of this and I'll be happy with that.

Oztumer has to step up tonight imo, he's been shit in every game bar Forest. Maybe we could get Kayal in the starting line up tonight and push Gallagher up, I think Kayal certainly looked a lot sharper on the weekend.

I personally think Chuks still has something to offer in that position once he's back to fitness. I know he hasn't done much either, but certainly looked better than Oztumer in my opinion.

• Options
    The Derby win was huge as now there is less pressure in these 2 next games. Very tricky match and with more injuries this will test us even further. Expect a good shift from the Addicks but undone late on. 3-1 to Bristol City.