Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 23 October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I thought both Pearce and Lapslie are injury doubts based on the OS on Saturday when side was announced. 
    Lapslie looked ok when he was sat a couple of rows behind me at Saturdays game.
  • Options
    Did not know having recently joined virgin tv that I can get red button games. That’s handy 😁
    Have to double check for certain, but so long as you have the Sky Sports package on Virgin TV, you’ll be fine. 
  • Options
    Anybody got any tips for parking around Ashton Gate?
    We are likely to arrive quite lateish, so I'm guessing the sites recommended by BCFC may have all gone (Avonline, DJ Parking, Cricket Club).
    There's a Sainsbury's nearish, thought I might chance that?
    Shelled out £10 for DJ parking, get the impression not much on street parking anywhere nearby.
  • Options
    I thought both Pearce and Lapslie are injury doubts based on the OS on Saturday when side was announced. 
    Pearce was on the bench, so presumably not that bad. 
  • Options
    Good solid away point,  1-1.
  • Options
    Be pleased with a draw. Hoping for another win. Will be tough especially without JW. Confindence will be high after Saturday. COYRs
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Brizzle in the drizzle.

With the injury situation and this referee I cant see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    No idea of who will be playing or the formation but it matters not a jot......if Linnington is the ref then form & effort goes out the window. It will all be about him & how he can affect the match. Be prepared to see us concede our first penalty of the season & have a man sent off. 

2-0 to the home side & LB seen leaping over 6 rows of seats to get at the pillock at FT.
  • Options
    No idea of who will be playing or the formation but it matters not a jot......if Linnington is the ref then form & effort goes out the window. It will all be about him & how he can affect the match. Be prepared to see us concede our first penalty of the season & have a man sent off. 

2-0 to the home side & LB seen leaping over 6 rows of seats to get at the pillock at FT.
    You could well be right. I just hope that because of his recent suspension and criticism across football, he will be under the microscope for tomorrow night and won't be such an arsehole.
  • Options
    2-0 to the home team, They are a good side and we might struggle here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    They are not so hot at home. Much will depend, I suspect, is how long we can frustrate them. Then the game might come to us.
  • Options
    7-0 to Brizzle

Nah just kidding 0-1 Hemed with a late deflected goal.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one particularly as I am sitting with some Bristol mates, 2-1 Addick, as for formation, only Bows knows.
  • Options
    I would play 3 at the back -partly because I am coming round to the idea of that being the way to go all the while Taylor is out and partly because i think Pearce can come in for Pratley in a back 3 and Field looked much better on Saturday than he ever has at the base of the diamond. 

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Oshilaja Gallagher Field Purrington
    Oztumer 
    Leko Bonne

Amos Pratley Lapslie Cullen Kayal Hemed JFC

Lot of changes and feels a bit defensive too with 4 cbs on the pitch and Oshilaja and Purrington as wing backs. That's why i have decided to give Cullen a rest - he has played every game for us and doesn't often get subbed- which allows Ozzy to come in and provide a little extra creativity. Bit of a risk in CM but I reckon the Conor-Sam partnership will work.
    Sticking by what i said on the previous page even though I am sure Cullen will play.
  • Options
    Sounds bad for Williams.We will be a bit stretched on Saturday.
  • Options
    With Purrington still out it looks as though it will be 3 at the back with JFC continuing at left wing back. As Field will start I'd give Pratley a break and go with Lockyer, Pearce and Sarr. 
  • Options
    Good preview Sage , reckon a 1-1 draw , Bonne with another one for us.
  • Options
    1-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which surprise will Bowyer spring on us and City?

Mine would be a start for Kayel and Hemed but we shall see.

0 - 1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Which surprise will Bowyer spring on us and City?

Mine would be a start for Kayel and Hemed but we shall see.

0 - 1 to the Addicks
    A start for Kayal I think, is very much on the cards and could well be a clever move, pushing Gallagher slightly further forward too. I don’t think they’d expect that at all, but I do agree, it would be a surprise that has the potential to be the difference.
  • Options
    1-1 and another decent point on our way to survival 
  • Options
    0-1 think we might just nick this!  Tip of the cap to our travellers. Will be with you at WBA. COYRS
  • Options
    Oztumer is the obvious replacement for Williams imo.
    It's about time he showed what he's about. 
    Apart from 45 minutes v forest he has been a bit of a disappointment 
    Yeh, agree with that.

Been expecting bigger things of him but I think, ultimately, he will be a success. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Yeh, agree with that.

Been expecting bigger things of him but I think, ultimately, he will be a success. 
    He was ok against Swansea. Doesn’t seem fit enough to play for more than 60 mins however 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    stonemuse said:
    Yeh, agree with that.

He was ok against Swansea. Doesn’t seem fit enough to play for more than 60 mins however 
    Perfect replacement for Williams then 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    stonemuse said:
    Yeh, agree with that.

Perfect replacement for Williams then 
    Unfortunately its been Williams who has been replacing Oztumer for those last 30mins
  • Options
    Can you watch this online? Got sky go but no red button games :(