Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A mystery surrounding Lyle Taylor’s injury?

Comments

• edited October 2019
    What worried me was his description of hearing it pop. That sounds more like a complete rupture than a tear and could require surgery. 

Admittedly my understanding is very limited after, like @SoundAsa£ completely doing my ligaments skiing including a particularly woeful acl rupture where they had to graft other ligaments in to join the ends together and not sure that’s the same for the side ones
    Surgery isn’t required. It’s a grade two tear. He’ll be out the brace soon enough. It’s even better that we have the international break after Saturday so he doesn’t miss an extra game or two than he would otherwise.
  • If there was no direct impact of force with his strain, his recovery will be more straightforward. 

We have done well without him tbh as it is a League 1/2 strike force!
  • Sage said:
    While we're at it, what's the latest on  Kayal?

Signed him weeks ago. Told he wasn't quite up to speed as had very little pre season. Haven't heard from him since.
    Signed him with an injury in the expectation he’d be ready to play after the first international break. Most likely due to his lack of fitness and pre season, his body has found it a little tough at first with the intensity of training. Has a slight groin injury, which again expectation is he will be back after the international break. Let’s hope that is it this time, and with treatment at the club instead of going away on international duty, he’ll be in much better shape. 
    I saw him in a hotel reception last Sunday and asked him when he'd be back. He replied "soon" in a rather too vague manner for my liking.  We'll see.
  • edited October 2019
    I'm loving all the CL physios and skeletomuscular consultants coming out for this one... ;)
  • edited October 2019
    And there it is.  He's had a hair colouring injury.
  • Lyle stated four weeks on Sky, but also said it might be longer.
  • Glovepup said:
    Lyle stated four weeks on Sky, but also said it might be longer.
    He wants to be back for Millwall
  • Sage said:
    While we're at it, what's the latest on  Kayal?

Signed him weeks ago. Told he wasn't quite up to speed as had very little pre season. Haven't heard from him since.
    Signed him with an injury in the expectation he’d be ready to play after the first international break. Most likely due to his lack of fitness and pre season, his body has found it a little tough at first with the intensity of training. Has a slight groin injury, which again expectation is he will be back after the international break. Let’s hope that is it this time, and with treatment at the club instead of going away on international duty, he’ll be in much better shape. 
    I saw him in a hotel reception last Sunday and asked him when he'd be back. He replied "soon" in a rather too vague manner for my liking.  We'll see.
    When he says soon, he means in about 4-5 weeks, when fans say soon they mean after the international weekend, week after next  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• His comments are fairly specific in the article.

“I’ve been in a knee brace for three weeks and I have got three more weeks before I am hopefully out of it and then it is a case of getting fit,  back in the squad and team.

“But I can’t even walk yet, I’m still on crutches for another week."

• Lyle Taylor is a brilliant chap and character. End of. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    His comments are fairly specific in the article.

“I’ve been in a knee brace for three weeks and I have got three more weeks before I am hopefully out of it and then it is a case of getting fit,  back in the squad and team.

But as I said elsewhere, on Sky at the end of today’s game he was not on crutches and I could not see a big boot. Maybe a more discreet brace on now?
  • He had a black brace on that was the same colour as his jeans/trousers.
  • Redrobo said:
    Crusty54 said:

But as I said elsewhere, on Sky at the end of today’s game he was not on crutches and I could not see a big boot. Maybe a more discreet brace on now?

It would have to be a bloody big boot to cover/support his knee!

• Redrobo said:
    Crusty54 said:

He had crutches but didn't use them in front of the cameras.
  • Ferryman said:
    Redrobo said:
    Crusty54 said:

He had crutches but didn't use them in front of the cameras.
    I don't know, too many players feigning injury.

He should be yellow carded for simulation.

• Did Lyle climb up the TV gantry with that dodgy knee? Can't be so bad if he did.
  • I'm sure I saw him running for a bus afterwards to.
  • Davo55 said:
    Did Lyle climb up the TV gantry with that dodgy knee? Can't be so bad if he did.
    Yes he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was fairly clear before the Leeds game when he was signing autographs and doing selfies that he was wearing a brace and on crutches. There is a picture of him on the pitch for Sky yesterday where he can be seen holding the crutches. The injury is not a mystery and recovery will take time.
  • I don't believe that he is really injured. It's sounded a bit odd from the start. My bet is that we have made a deal for him and the buying club have insisted that he mustn't play.
    He's actually preparing for an upcoming court case, apparently he shot JFK.
  • Lyle has just put a post on Instagram of him running on a treadmill.. guess he’s making good progress
  • We used to get an injury update periodically on the official website, has there been one recently? 

Is Hemed also injured? 
  • edited October 2019
    He's walking.

It's a boomerang on his story so speed is out of whack.

https://instagram.com/stories/lyle_taylor33/2149376211917529543?igshid=1koz4z7y0a42z
  • se9addick said:
    We used to get an injury update periodically on the official website, has there been one recently? 

Is Hemed also injured? 

Hemed quoted as having a quad injury, before last weeks game.
  • se9addick said:
    We used to get an injury update periodically on the official website, has there been one recently? 

Is Hemed also injured? 

Hemed quoted as having a quad injury, before last weeks game.

• I don't believe that he is really injured. It's sounded a bit odd from the start. My bet is that we have made a deal for him and the buying club have insisted that he mustn't play.

I agree it's either that or he has strained a ligament and due to his contract situation, is not putting himself in any risk whatsoever. It won't be a full rupture or he would have had surgery. I was having treatment on a knee injury at the sports injury clinic where a lot of them go to be scanned and treated in Tottenham Court road last year. Quite interesting to hear some of the stories about players. Great news if he has started on the treadmill because its getting the strength back into his legs that is on the 'critical path' to getting him back on the pitch. The real key is once he is cleared to do the sideways movement stuff. I'd be very surprised if he's fully up to speed by the Millwall game.