Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could live in any other country. What one would it be?

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to live in a small Italian coastal town. 
  • Options
    France, the most beautiful women, best food and wine and everything you could want within easy reach.
  • Options
    France, the most beautiful women, best food and wine and everything you could want within easy reach.

I love France and I have to agree about the woman.  French woman are very underrated in my opinion.
  • Options
    Roatan Island.
    Stunning and you have to get through Honduras to get me.

Good luck with that!
  • Options

I love France and I have to agree about the woman.  French woman are very underrated in my opinion.

Just under a week ago... probably the most georgous women I've ever seen in my life...was giving me french resting b*tch face while looking at my passport photo, and then back to me.

I was gutted that we didn't quite hit it off.

Told myself an internal lie afterwards.

"She did fancy me...but she was trying to hide it. Didn't want to annoy her boss by flirting with me. I get it now".
  • Options
    Im with AFKA
    Majorca for me. 

If we're allowed to pick partners I'll have Alessandra Mastronardi in Koh Tao.
  • Options
    Singapore ... over time, I’ve spent a few years already living and working there, and would happily do so again. 
  • Options
    Bolivia, get myself a farm
  • Options
    Another vote for Portugal for me. The Lagos side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australia, no brainer.
  • Options

They are a bit 'fromagey' when the suns out.

Q: Wheres the best place to hide your money in a French hotel?
    A: Under the soap, no French look there.
  • Options
    England, no place better
  • Options

For me it would have to somewhere like the US, Canada or Oz. They wouldn't the first choice if I had to pick somewhere to live but if I had to stay in one country for the rest of my life I'd get bored shitless in places like Majorca etc (as nice as they are to visit on holiday).

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
     There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen are all potential havens for British criminals.

I would have to choose Dominican Republic out of those. Easy enough to hide amongst the transient tourist population without arousing suspicions. 
    Very tough one if it had to be from the non extradition countries! Think I would go for Japan.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

For me it would have to somewhere like the US, Canada or Oz. They wouldn't the first choice if I had to pick somewhere to live but if I had to stay in one country for the rest of my life I'd get bored shitless in places like Majorca etc (as nice as they are to visit on holiday).

I agree with the sensible side of that.

They also speak our language and the culture is at least familiar enough to what we are already used to.

Might be more lonely...if elsewhere. 

• Options
    Jessie said:
    London obviously! And not only for the football but also all the music concerts and theatre shows that I could go to. 
    One day, dear Jessie.

One day.
  • Options
    Spain. 

Don't even have to think about it. 
  • Options
    So I am innocent of the crime?

Easy, stiff upper lip. I stay in Blighty and prove my innocence.  

Then, once done and I am a free man I say up yours to the authorities who have tried to stitch me up and head to New Zealand with the £167M Euro lottery winnings from tomorrows draw in my pocket. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    New Zealand!!!!

Dont even need five seconds to decide
    I’ve alerted the police. You won’t make it out of the airport.
    Oh come on... there is plenty of room for me to hide - I'll go into the Fiordland National Park and you wont hear a peep out of me!!
    Getting through NZ airport security might be tricky. The best bet is to create a distraction by planting a vegetable or some soil on a few other passengers coming off the plane, that way the sniffer dogs and police will be distracted!
  • Options
    stevec said:

I've lived in France since 2006. Only regret is not going to the valley every 2 weeks.
    Where in France, Steve?
  • Options
    The Canary Islands, Gran Canaria to be specific.
  • Options
    That’s not in France mate. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Singapore ... over time, I’ve spent a few years already living and working there, and would happily do so again. 
    I worked in Singapore for RBS for a far too quick 3 months and I loved it there. 
  • Options
    Kerry. Republic of Ireland.
    What's better?
  • Options
    Virgin Islands for me.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Dominican Republic. Caribbean lifestyle and no threat of extradition.
    The scenario described is exactly what happened to me. I thought hard for 4 minutes 55 seconds and blurted out "Dominican Republic". Twelve years later and I am still here. I cannot think of anywhere I should have gone instead, though I have been tempted by Kenya and Haiti.

Stig is wrong about no extradition, however. EU citizens do get extradited from time to time.

* I see that MrOneLung says the same as Stig. It may be that the UK does not have the automatic right to extract UK nationals, but it must be that they can, with a good case, lean on the DR authorities to deport culprits back to their country of origin because Brits have been sent back duing my time here. Anyway, a fat bribe will get anything done on this island.
    I just Googled a list of countries without extradition and picked the one I fancied most. Most looked pretty unappealing for anything other than a quick jaunt to say I been there. I've no idea as to the accuracy of the list, but guess MrOneLung found the same one.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What's better?
    Leitrim 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What's better?
    Leitrim 
    West Cork ;-)