Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you could live in any other country. What one would it be?

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Yeah, I could do Italy too.

GF is French, and has had to move back to Marseille to be near her 97 year old Mum, so I go there often.

Provence is lovely, could live there. But Marseille ..... do me a favour!
    Now if I lived in Thamesmead it'd be a no brainer, but I live in and love Cornwall, except for the sh*tty weather today lol
    I'd love to go back to Marseille...stayed there as a student for a couple of months but I think I know why you say that ...italy or France for me ...both big beautiful countries where it's so easy to be in the middle of nowhere 

• New Zealand!!!!

Dont even need five seconds to decide
    I’ve alerted the police. You won’t make it out of the airport.
  • New Zealand or Malaysia
  • You could of said if Corbyn gets in what country you going to live in. 
    Of the places I’ve been I’d say American 
    still never been to Italy but think that’s a good shout 
  • Not quite sure the people who would choose to go to a country that has an extradition agreement with the UK have thought this through.
  • Dave2l said:
    The scenario is.

You are on the run.... for a crime that you didn't commit.

Could just be you or you and your family etc. Whatever your situation is.

A van pulls up. The driver winds the window down.

"I know you didn't do it. You need to get in this Van and I will take you to the secret luxery airport where you can then go to absolutely any country of your choosing. You can not stay in this one. You are a wanted civilian. Potential life sentence or death penalty for you if you stay here".

"You will be either doing the same job that you do now....or you will be doing a 9-5 ...substandard live for the weekend  reasonable enough earnings type job"

You can only go to one country. You have 5 minutes to decide. You will be living in this new place for the rest of your life. You can also obviously decide the city/town area location etc.

Need an answer! Now!

Where would you go?

If from Britain or Ireland...you can't stay in any part of the area. For example, Englishman can't just move to Scotland.

You ‘just asking for a mate’ ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not quite sure the people who would choose to go to a country that has an extradition agreement with the UK have thought this through.
    Hey, China!
  • Can’t go wrong with Milton Keynes.
  • Majorca or Ibiza
  • Barbados.
  • Tough to narrow it down but one of either Canada, the Netherlands or Costa Rica.
  • Cyprus

Been 4 or 5 times on Holiday and loved it, always said I want to move there one day
  • Despite what’s been happening there lately, I’d go to Hong Kong.  
    I’ve been a few times now and absolutely love the place.  The vibe, the people, the food.  It’s an amazing place with so much in such a small area.  
  • Sponsored links:

• USA where I’d join one of the Crips, Bloods or Mafia to avoid detection.
  • New Zealand!!!!

Dont even need five seconds to decide
    I’ve alerted the police. You won’t make it out of the airport.
    Oh come on... there is plenty of room for me to hide - I'll go into the Fiordland National Park and you wont hear a peep out of me!!
  • edited September 2019
    Spain - Valencia
  • Tough call: if I'm not worried about extradition, I've always fancied living in Spain, somewhere with a decent sized city and cultural life, accessible countryside and not too touristy: Mérida or Caceres maybe.
    If extradition is a worry, Namibia. I like the desert. 
  • MrOneLung said:
     There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen are all potential havens for British criminals.

I would have to choose Dominican Republic out of those. Easy enough to hide amongst the transient tourist population without arousing suspicions. 

That's some useful general knowledge 😉

You just never know....

I'm sure a working visa would probably be harder to obtain in those places though.

• Cape Town, of course, but I live there anyway!
    Sunshine,beaches,wine, bribery, corruption.What else do you need ? 

• Has to have cricket, so New Zealand or Australia for me
  • Loving life in NZ, but if I was forced to leave, it would be straight back to Melbourne, where I spent 8 years. Best city in the world.