Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Perfect draft beer pump

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look, works out very cheap to what I currently get in cans. I love IPA. 

What is the IPA and APA like? Cheers 
  • Options
    @robroy @Redrobo
    I’ve brewed the public house IPA and the Stars and Stripes APA with tap water and both were very good indeed.

The fresh Republic lager wasn’t good at all, but I’ll accept I possibly messed up and when I do try it again, I’ll try filtered water.

Currently got a dark fruit cider conditioning for the Mrs which I’ll tap from tonight.

all in all a good bit of kit and a bit of fun and the results have in the main been good 
  • Options
    I have a Blade, a Pinter and a Perfect Draft. 

Blade is the best machine, 8 litres, more cost effective than Perfectdraft and if you like the beers from the Heineken brand, the best choice in my opinion, and also has a cider. 

Perfectdraft, is all about the beer range it has. Pouring a Kwak out of a beer tap brings a year of joy to my eye, it's truly an artform, and they have great beers, but even with keg returns, cashback etc, is still very expensive. 

The Pinter is the best way to have a very cheap beer that you can also have some pride in by saying you made it. The build quality definitely leaves a lot to be desired but it will provide decent quality beer that you have, albeit very simply, had a real hand in. 

Having bought the Blade, it's different level in terms of the build quality etc. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I have a Blade, a Pinter and a Perfect Draft. 

Blade is the best machine, 8 litres, more cost effective than Perfectdraft and if you like the beers from the Heineken brand, the best choice in my opinion, and also has a cider. 

Perfectdraft, is all about the beer range it has. Pouring a Kwak out of a beer tap brings a year of joy to my eye, it's truly an artform, and they have great beers, but even with keg returns, cashback etc, is still very expensive. 

The Pinter is the best way to have a very cheap beer that you can also have some pride in by saying you made it. The build quality definitely leaves a lot to be desired but it will provide decent quality beer that you have, albeit very simply, had a real hand in. 

Having bought the Blade, it's different level in terms of the build quality etc. 
    I doff my cap to a real professional.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I'm struggling to see the appeal of this. Believe me, I want to like it, but it's just a machine dispenses InBev beer.

Surely it's cheaper to buy cans?
    Why pay for Sky when you have BBC and ITV?

Ice cold beer on tap which tastes better than cans. 

That's about it mate. 

Cans are nice on a train back from an away game.
  • Options
    Took delivery of my Perfect Draft pump today. I'm currently in the process of building an office/bar in my garden to make working from home easier but also having somewhere to bugger off to for a beer at home.

Anyway, I thought until that's finished I would set up my Perfect Draft in the kitchen to test it out. Lady RedArmySE7 has put her foot down and said that's unacceptable. 

So I have a dilemma. 

Does anyone know where I can dispose of a girlfriend? 
    The Bricklayers Arms.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Got my PD system from Holland a couple of weeks back now, it arrived quickly and easy to set up, chills to 3 degrees as expected, I have registered with Beer Hawk and so far ordered twice, first off I tried the Leffe Blonde and a German Alt Beer, the Alt Beer didn't arrive instead they had sent far more expensive 'Kwak', I was offered a return or to keep it along with 150 tokens for my trouble, anyone tried it, is it good? 

Moving on, I then ordered some Jupiler and a German pilsner, in place of the pilsner came a keg of Jaipur IPA, same scenario, £10 more expensive and again I have opted to keep it and accept more tokens of good will. 

Impressive customer service if fairly shoddy despatchers, so far though it has worked in my favour    
    Leffe Blonde is very acceptable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've had it for a couple of weeks but finally unboxed my Perfect Draft system on Saturday and loaded the first keg - so easy to set up.

I had my first pint from it yesterday - Lowenbrau. Very, very impressed.

Kegs of Leffe Blonde and Stella in the summer house (aka Man Cave) fridge just crying out to be drunk.
  • Options
    Think the Perfect Draft machines (is that the right word?) are outdo stock at the moment, shame as they could be perfect for the summer of bbq’s I think the country is going to have. Instead of “Eat out to Help Out” this time round I hope Sunak announces a Perfect Draft scheme in the next budget! 
  • Options
    Had a look the other day at the PD and signed up for the waiting list. My only concern is a lot of the kegs I would go for are out of stock, that would
    be frustrating. 

Is that a common occurrence? 

I’m an IPA drinker and don’t touch lager or any Belgian stuff. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Had a look the other day at the PD and signed up for the waiting list. My only concern is a lot of the kegs I would go for are out of stock, that would
    be frustrating. 

Me too (signed up)...Am a predominantly IPA/Porter drinker but (in the summer) enjoy a Belgian brew.  I noticed they have kegs of the Jaipur IPA which is a nice beer - available in cans from Sainsburys - but a bit fizzy for me - so assume the draft will be perfect.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    robroy said:
    be frustrating. 

Me too (signed up)...Am a predominantly IPA/Porter drinker but (in the summer) enjoy a Belgian brew.  I noticed they have kegs of the Jaipur IPA which is a nice beer - available in cans from Sainsburys - but a bit fizzy for me - so assume the draft will be perfect.
    Do love a drop of Jaipur. I’ve worked out the costings and it does work out more expensive than cans, however it’s the novelty and the draft pint that’s worth the extra. 

You should follow this chap on Instagram as he is a buyer for Tesco and reviews all the new beers 

https://instagram.com/domobeers?igshid=eov0xpx6lf0
  • Options
    They have been having stock issues since Brexit (Unforseen Brexit issue not picked up by both beerhawk and supplier) but has been slowly get back on track. You have to move fast though. 

I have been told there is a shop in St.Paul's Cray that stocks kegs. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    CafcWest said:
    robroy said:
    be frustrating. 

Do love a drop of Jaipur. I’ve worked out the costings and it does work out more expensive than cans, however it’s the novelty and the draft pint that’s worth the extra. 

You should follow this chap on Instagram as he is a buyer for Tesco and reviews all the new beers 

He seems to be of the opinion that every beer he drinks is amazing, does he ever have a less than positive “review”? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    CafcWest said:
    robroy said:
    be frustrating. 

He seems to be of the opinion that every beer he drinks is amazing, does he ever have a less than positive “review”? 
    True. I just use it for a good heads up on new beers coming to Tesco, they have a great selection now (unlike Sainsbury’s).  
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've had it for a couple of weeks but finally unboxed my Perfect Draft system on Saturday and loaded the first keg - so easy to set up.

I had my first pint from it yesterday - Lowenbrau. Very, very impressed.

Kegs of Leffe Blonde and Stella in the summer house (aka Man Cave) fridge just crying out to be drunk.
    Mine arrived on Friday morning, first keg (Lowenbrau) set up on Friday in the kitchen for a little tester, it was all gone by dinner time on Saturday. Next keg (Stella) is in but I have had to move the machine to the summerhouse or I would be drinking it throughout the day and could be expensive and dangerous.

in terms of availability, they seem to update their website with stock at about 1400hrs, I saw that a few times and is how I bagged mine.
  • Options
    Had this at the weekend, 6.5% and felt it the following day:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Itching to try the Leffe Rituel at 9%. Anyone had it?
  • Options
    Ordered a Pinter yesterday on the back of comments on this thread. Compared to having brewery beer delivered, it will pay for itself in 100 pints, so ten brews, which seems pretty good. Depending on how successful I am, might get a co-pibter to keep a regular supply through the summer.
    Stout and IPA to start with.

I saw that they are soon to increase the kits to 1 litre so that they can offer higher ABV brews, which sounds good, though I'm a weak beer merchant nowadays anyway.
  • Options
    Putting a bar in the garden when I move in the next few months, great thread fir advice.
    Anyone got any tips on building a tiki bar?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Yup, it tastes like leffe, but a little bit stronger. Holds its weight incredibly well for 9%, but impractical to have a whole 6 litre barrel of it in my opinion.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    CafcWest said:
    robroy said:
    be frustrating. 

True. I just use it for a good heads up on new beers coming to Tesco, they have a great selection now (unlike Sainsbury’s).  
    If you want an honest review of a beer you need to ask @PopIcon (or follow his Untappd).
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Macronate said:
    Yup, it tastes like leffe, but a little bit stronger. Holds its weight incredibly well for 9%, but impractical to have a whole 6 litre barrel of it in my opinion.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    How do you find out where your nearest return hub is without having an account ? 
  • Options
    Looks like they give £5 for empties too