Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Many Points Will We Get In September?

2»

Comments

• Sage said:
    Birmingham - 3 points (home form is excellent and think we can really take the game to them playing good football)

Wigan - 1 point (away form is WDW, so we are due another draw) 

Leeds - 0 (Best team in this league, create chances for fun but are wasteful. We can hit them on the counter attack but their movement will just be far too good for us, first loss at home in the league in 357 days)

4 points and 18 after 9 league games.

Sitting in 3rd place behind Leeds, who are top, and Swansea.
    Leeds game will be interesting as Bowyer is also going to have to think about recovery for Swansea | Fulham

Same turn around that we had for Barnsley | Forest | Brentford

So imagine that the Management team will try and approach that whole week a little differently to last time

(There is actually going to less turn around between the last two this time what with being picked for SKY coverage)
  • edited September 2019
    Right, let's have a quick look inside Lee Bowyer's head and see what he's thinking?

Bows thinks, "9 points. We set up to win every game".

He'll tell the press conference that Brum/Wigan/Dirty Leeds ...... are difficult to beat/got great players/we just need to stay in this division. Mind games.

He'll tell the players something else. He'll set up the gameplan to negate the opposition and beat them.
    The players will be made to feel they are invincible. Everything will be geared to winning the 3 points.

Okay, that's what Bows thinks.

Anyone who thinks we're 2nd in the League "by accident" or because "we're lucky", needs to think again.
    It's early days yet. We're only going to get better.

And me, what do I believe? 

Well, I've been watching Charlton since 1964 - and know the best laid plans can sometimes go awry.
    That's football.

Thus, I reckon 7 points.

• I’m going for 1 point. A draw against dirty Leeds
  • 2 points
  • edited September 2019
    Sage said:
    Birmingham - 3 points (home form is excellent and think we can really take the game to them playing good football)

Leeds - 0 (Best team in this league, create chances for fun but are wasteful. We can hit them on the counter attack but their movement will just be far too good for us, first loss at home in the league in 357 days)

Leeds game will be interesting as Bowyer is also going to have to think about recovery for Swansea | Fulham

So imagine that the Management team will try and approach that whole week a little differently to last time

(There is actually going to less turn around between the last two this time what with being picked for SKY coverage)
    I think with us having a week between each game in September, Bowyer will have full focus on each game and will play our strongest available against Leeds.

I would expect probably 4, possibly even 5 changes for Swansea game, depending how tired they are as Leeds are going to have a lot of the ball and make us run a lot. Then with us going back to the same or similar eleven against Fulham as we have against Leeds. 
  • 4 points 
  • edited September 2019
  • edited September 2019
    Not just September but I look at that segment between this international break and the next one. So Brum, Wigan, Leeds along with Swansea and Fulham. But it is going to be interesting to see how this group of lads deals with their first defeat in the Championship seeing as we have gone unbeaten for the first six games since winning the play-offs. But I would have full faith in them bouncing back and still plugging away. Then we can look at the next segment between the 2nd and 3rd international break.
  • Sponsored links:

• 7 or 9
    Oh come on Mutts, you can only have one pick!
  • Would take 4 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

I think with us having a week between each game in September, Bowyer will have full focus on each game and will play our strongest available against Leeds.

I would expect probably 4, possibly even 5 changes for Swansea game, depending how tired they are as Leeds are going to have a lot of the ball and make us run a lot. Then with us going back to the same or similar eleven against Fulham as we have against Leeds. 
    The beauty of things now is that we could bring in some of the likes of Oshilaja, Kayal, Pratley, Oztumer, Hemed, Aneke etc and it wouldn't really affect us overall. We have a decent squad these days.
  • edited September 2019
    9 points, Bowyer will want to win against Leeds, others are formalities 
  • I'll go for 9
  • 7 or 9
    Oh come on Mutts, you can only have one pick!
    7 then
  • Sadly I think we’ll lose to Leeds just in time for our long slog against the ’top’ teams in October. Hopefully, if that’s our bad run it gets it out of the way.. love to be proved wrong though! 

• I just asked Karl Robinson, how many points did he think Charlton would get from 3 games in September?

He pulled a face, scratched his arse, told me Oxford's team lineup for next Saturday and explained in depth  why it's it only a matter of time, thanks to his personal 1-to-1 coaching, before Tarique Fosu would be selected for the England squad.

After 40 minutes he was still in full flow describing how proud he was to see the Charlton team he built doing so well, especially as he had spent a lot of time showing Lee Bowyer how to manage.

Patience exhausted, I interrupted, "Robbo ..... for gawd's sake, just answer the effin' question: "How many points would Charlton get from their 3 games in September?"

He shrugged, ".... probably 4, perhaps 2, maybe 3 or just 1."

• Win ..Draw ... Lose 4 pts message board melt down
  • It will be between 0-9 but definitely not 8.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    It’ll look like being four until we score a last minute equaliser against Leeds that stops them from jumping above us in the league.

• Well done Mr One Lung!

You are the undisputed Charlton Life Prediction champion for September with your prediction of 3 points, phew I thought we were going to end up with zero in the end, certainly wouldn’t have thought the only 3 points we’d get this month, would be against Leeds, football is so unpredictable!