Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Couple of Reading comments ahead of next weekend...

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

https://youtu.be/_rp3toJ9cAQ
    That is dreadful. I’ve also decided they have the most boring ground and home shirt in the world as well. 
    It’s a perfect UK entrant for the 2020 European Song Contest.
  • Options
    Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

I think they've out palarsed palarse
  • Options
    https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186238

Michael Morrison seems to have settled in well. 5 years since he was pushed out...
  • Options
    I remember going to Elm Park some years back and after taking on board the quality and style of singing and chanting from their fans I soon came to the conclusion that 90% of their output was directed at slagging off the opposition, rather than positive stuff supporting themselves.
    It was quite uncanny and so obvious that I can honestly say I have never seen or heard such a lopsided tirade from any set of supporters directed at their opponents......it was very odd to say the least.
    I wonder if that bias still exists.......no doubt Saturday will tell?

• Options

I think they've out palarsed palarse
    I would of said that was an impossibility... until i saw 15 seconds of that!  Still queasy 24 hours later.
  • Options
    Given the choice of being underdogs or red hot favourites , I’ll happily take the first option.
  • Options
    Their guy Puscus will be hard to keep quiet. Quality.
  • Options
    They're a mickey mouse club Reading. Souless
    Except when Yann Kermorgant was there.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    They're actually a bit like us this season in that they're tipped for relegation by everyone else but are actually pretty optimistic about their chances. I think they've spent a bit of money. 

Spending money doesn’t mean you get better players or a better team, only a bigger debt.
    Have you let Man City know yet.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    They're actually a bit like us this season in that they're tipped for relegation by everyone else but are actually pretty optimistic about their chances. I think they've spent a bit of money. 

Spending money doesn’t mean you get better players or a better team, only a bigger debt.
    They’ve avoided that problem and spent massive amounts of money and did get better players,.. but aren’t they now facing a ban from Europe ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

They’ve avoided that problem and spent massive amounts of money and did get better players,.. but aren’t they now facing a ban from Europe ?
    I bet they don't get a ban. 

But that's not what you said anyway. I think you are partly right though, spending money doesn't necessarily mean you will do better. If it did we could all make a fortune from betting on the table!
  • Options
    Reading away to Plymouth on Tuesday in the league cup. Likely some more fringe players will play but it’s still a bit off a trek that won’t assist them. Great that they appear to be underestimating Charlton. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    This is a thread about being underestimated by the fans of another club in which our fans are underestimating that club. Its a pleasing symmetry. 
    I think it’s more of a case of believing in Bowyer, the players and the incredible support generated by Charlton’s away fans than a case of underestimating other clubs 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I remember going to Elm Park some years back and after taking on board the quality and style of singing and chanting from their fans I soon came to the conclusion that 90% of their output was directed at slagging off the opposition, rather than positive stuff supporting themselves.
    It was quite uncanny and so obvious that I can honestly say I have never seen or heard such a lopsided tirade from any set of supporters directed at their opponents......it was very odd to say the least.

Remember going to Elm Park 80-81....promotion season from the old 3rd division.  There were quite a few Chelsea fans in there main mob which were to the left side of us. Kicked off on the corner after the game, Charlton came out on top...most of the Reading lot ran off. We won 1-0....can't recall the goal scorer.
  • Options
    Hopefully Lyle Taylor activated his twitter in time so that the drummer can get his ticket lol
  • Options

This does sound negative, but i kind of make them right for now. Its far too early to work out if its early days or we are genuinely are going to be ok and looking upwards. On paper we have big squad so i am hopeful we are going to be in the top half at least.

Reading look a good side and have had reasonable results, this will be a tough game, potentially first lose... however in Bowyer we trust, anything is possible! lets do our talking on the pitch.

• Options

Remember going to Elm Park 80-81....promotion season from the old 3rd division.  There were quite a few Chelsea fans in there main mob which were to the left side of us. Kicked off on the corner after the game, Charlton came out on top...most of the Reading lot ran off. We won 1-0....can't recall the goal scorer.
    We won that 3-1, with Walsh & Hales amongst the goal scorers.

Went home with a Chelsea beanie hat B)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Fans will always feel they should be beating newly promoted teams, especially at the start of the season when they havent seen enough evidence to suggest otherwise. 

If we are still in the top 6 by xmas, attitudes will probably change toward us. 
  • Options
    good old 'and Reading'.  A club no one really supports, just easier for Chelsea fans who have moved west to get tickets at the Majesky 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was the same when we played them in our relegation season from the prem when les Reed was in charge. They spent the whole game singing songs about how shit we were and we were going down etc. Never liked them since and hope they spend some time in league 1 like we did. 
  • Options

This does sound negative, but i kind of make them right for now. Its far too early to work out if its early days or we are genuinely are going to be ok and looking upwards. On paper we have big squad so i am hopeful we are going to be in the top half at least.

Reading look a good side and have had reasonable results, this will be a tough game, potentially first lose... however in Bowyer we trust, anything is possible! lets do our talking on the pitch.

Reading the reports of their win against Managerless Huddersfield they were outplayed in the first half. There home form is a lot better than their away form, which is very poor indeed. 

They have a long trip to Plymouth tonight and hopefully they are taking their normal squad. 
  • Options

Funny, it felt the same vs Forest and Brentford... Most songs about their support using foul language.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Funny, it felt the same vs Forest and Brentford... Most songs about their support using foul language.

He stayed cause your shit
    He stayed cause your shit

Lyle Taylor

He Stayed cause your shit
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Reading the reports of their win against Managerless Huddersfield they were outplayed in the first half. There home form is a lot better than their away form, which is very poor indeed. 

They have a long trip to Plymouth tonight and hopefully they are taking their normal squad. 

Hope so, unusual for me to be glass half empty.. but last time we went down we were in the top 6 after 10 games (IIRC), for now i am a bit on the cautious side, but i do think we have a lot more about us. If we can keep the momentum and form going, there are no easy games so one game at a time.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

We won that 3-1, with Walsh & Hales amongst the goal scorers.

Went home with a Chelsea beanie hat B)
    Not sure why I said 1-0....must have been another game at Elm Park.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    We had Adams Family, Your Support is F'in S, Lyle Taylor he stayed cos you're S.

I know it's been mentioned before but i felt for the bloke behind me whose kid kept asking what they're saying. It can't be avoided sadly. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Isnt it a thing were every football clubs fans apart from the their own are pikeys, regardless of region/proximity/stature?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Was the same when we played them in our relegation season from the prem when les Reed was in charge. They spent the whole game singing songs about how shit we were and we were going down etc. Never liked them since and hope they spend some time in league 1 like we did. 
    I was at that game and don't make them wrong, we were shit and did go down.