Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Couple of Reading comments ahead of next weekend...

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

https://youtu.be/_rp3toJ9cAQ
    Will somebody put me out of my misery if Charlton make a video like that 🤢🤢

• Always like it when we're the underdog.

Carry on you biscuit men.
  • I keep reading Reading as reading not Redding...

• "How they are 3rd overall is a bit of a mystery"

"Bolton were 3rd after 5 games last season."

"Charlton won't maintain it. They don't have the team or the squad do."

"After we beat them on Saturday, I would t be surprised to see them go on a losing run."

What do we think boys and girls?

Someone send them a link to the first half against Forest! They had a close shave with a relgation battle last season and have improved after a not so great start

"After we beat them on Saturday, I would t be surprised to see them go on a losing run."

The person who wrote that clearly does not even know who is in the Reading team, never mind the Charlton one.
  • Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

That has to be one of the worst club songs ever. 
  • Puscas and Ejaria ones to watch
  • Only seen Ejaria in one game but he looked very good. Bit like Aribo but seemed more involved. 
  • Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

I think I've just found something to add to the "What's your idea of Hell thread"...
  • Sponsored links:

• Dai Yonnge and Dai Xiuli,  the Reading owners sound like a pair of Chinese Welshies .. the reality is they are a pair of multi billionaire, underground shopping mall owning siblings who can afford to buy a few decent players for their hobby club, the ill-named 'royals' ..  Reading have signed some goodies, but we'll still do 'em .. it won't be easy, but we are used to that
  • Talal said:
    Only seen Ejaria in one game but he looked very good. Bit like Aribo but seemed more involved. 
    one who spent time on loan @ Rangers last season yet has found himself in the Championship...
  • A win on Saturday will leave us on double their 7 point tally. Nice gap to have by the end of month one.

They are extremely arrogant - think they are a premier league club
  • edited August 2019
    Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

That is dreadful. I’ve also decided they have the most boring ground and home shirt in the world as well. 
  • They're actually a bit like us this season in that they're tipped for relegation by everyone else but are actually pretty optimistic about their chances. I think they've spent a bit of money. 
  • I quite like it when opposing fans talk us down. The best credit is the begrudging credit which comes later when you earn it.
  • edited August 2019
    Uboat said:
    They're actually a bit like us this season in that they're tipped for relegation by everyone else but are actually pretty optimistic about their chances. I think they've spent a bit of money. 

Spending money doesn’t mean you get better players or a better team, only a bigger debt.
  • I quite like it when opposing fans talk us down. The best credit is the begrudging credit which comes later when you earn it.
    That's right as long as that happens it doesn't really matter what others think.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    If you are a winner in football, it is quite often you are a bad loser. I think it is a strength if you feel that pain of defeat but you must react respectfully against what you are feeling. Be a winner and a good loser. Arsene Wenger was a winner, but he couldn't rise above the pain of defeat. When they beat us 5-3 at Highbury, he couldn't praise us enough. When we beat them 4-2 (I think the next season) he couldn't have been less gracious.

Opposing fans, including us, never want to give credit to opponents. The amount of teams that somehow get beaten by complete rubbish is amazing. I say, be a bad loser inside, but never give opponents the pleasure of seeing your hurt. When you win, learn to enjoy being called shit after you have won, enjoy being called cheats, enjoy being called rubbish. Football is a battle and it only confirms you have won the battle and have hurt them when you get the cry babies. When you lose, give them credit, and plan your revenge :)  
  • They'll probably pump us 3-0 as they're the weakest team (on paper) that we'll have faced.
  • shine166 said:
    We may go on a losing run after we play them yes, as we have 4 tough fixtures. 
    Do we? - Birmingham / Wigan dont look overly difficult at the moment

Its Leeds onwards that we'll struggle with Swansea | Fulham | Derby | Bristol City | West Brom our games in October

Christ that could easily be the top six we're playing one after the other!!
    Hopefully six of the top seven.  Three draws and three losses from those could easily happen.  Getting six points or more would be a result.

That's embarrassing.
  • They're a mickey mouse club Reading. Souless
  • Uboat said:
    They're actually a bit like us this season in that they're tipped for relegation by everyone else but are actually pretty optimistic about their chances. I think they've spent a bit of money. 

Spending money doesn’t mean you better players or a better team, only a bigger debt.
    Thanks, I hadn't realised that. They're optimistic because they think they've signed some good players, like us. 
  • Reading have been punching above their weight for several years . Historically a League one team  . 
  • Macronate said:
    Reading those comments from the Reading fans, the way I read it is that the Reading fans have read the league table and think that we are in a false position and that Reading are better than us, if I’m reading it right.
    Yes but don't read too much into it.
  • stevec said:
    Macronate said:
    Reading those comments from the Reading fans, the way I read it is that the Reading fans have read the league table and think that we are in a false position and that Reading are better than us, if I’m reading it right.
    Yes but don't read too much into it.
    Funny how both Stoke and Brentford fans think we're rubbish and finish in the bottom three as well.