Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International call ups

Comments

• Can’t believe Johnson missed out, he’s been excellent for Lincoln.
  • The squads should be announced soon? Wales play on the 1st September, N Ireland play on the 2nd September, so just over a week away. 
  • Doesnt really matter anymore. No games in the Championship when there are International fixtures. 
    😥
  • Washington has been called up for NI.
  • Can't see any others getting called up though.
  • Assume Gunter will be called up (unless the Wales manager has actually watched him play this season!) but that should be it unless we sign someone before the deadline. 
  • se9addick said:
    Assume Gunter will be called up (unless the Wales manager has actually watched him play this season!) but that should be it unless we sign someone before the deadline. 
    Forgot about him!
  • Our massive squad will cope fine...

Wasn't Slade sacked after we lost to Swindon, a match where we were missing Magennis and Lookman to callups?
  • Chris Gunter has now been called up by Wales
  • Is it still three players called up and then we can postpone a game?
  • Sponsored links:

Yup so as things stand, if Purrington isnt fit for Gillingham and we have no other Left-Back...
    Yup so as things stand, if Purrington isnt fit for Gillingham and we have no other Left-Back...
    Are you forgetting future Ballon d'or winner Jacob Roddy, dont worry Left Back is sorted 😉😉
  • So that's our 'three' then I take it
    Are you forgetting future Ballon d'or winner Jacob Roddy, dont worry Left Back is sorted 😉😉
    This was probably all part of daddy’s master plan!
  • edited August 2021
    Leuth said:
    So that's our 'three' then I take it.
    Stroke of luck.....or was that the cunning plan after all. 

As long as Ghandour is counted as an eligible player for call ups. Anyone know the criterea ?
  • I don’t think Ghandour counts as he isn’t a first team player (I may have that wrong though). 
  • He was certainly on the bench for the Sheffield Wednesday game.
  • se9addick said:
    I don’t think Ghandour counts as he isn’t a first team player (I may have that wrong though). 
    I'm sure players like Mikael Kennedy got called up and counted a few seasons ago when with us. I could be wrong though.
  • A few clubs have refused permission for players to go on international duty, if they're going to red zone countries and would have to quarantine afterwards
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Belv said:
    He was certainly on the bench for the Sheffield Wednesday game.
    Also started against AFC Wimbledon in the League Cup

Dont forget the EFL stopped us signing players under the embargo because we played kids like Junior Quitirna in cup competitions which "classed" them as Senior Players - Well we can now play at that game as well
  • And according to the Lebanese fans, he's the greatest player ever  ;)
    How the fuck has he managed to be called up?
  • se9addick said:
    I don’t think Ghandour counts as he isn’t a first team player (I may have that wrong though). 
    I'm sure players like Mikael Kennedy got called up and counted a few seasons ago when with us. I could be wrong though.
    Ah fair enough - looks like Gills could be postponed then
    ….Over 100 times, remarkably!
  • cafctom said:
    Chris Gunter has now been called up by Wales
    The Welsh dream of a team of Gunts
    Gareth Baleitis, where you play really well for your country, but not for your club ...
  • cafctom said:
    Chris Gunter has now been called up by Wales
    The Welsh dream of a team of Gunts
    But instead they have a Spanish based centre forward who I have always thought was a total c……
  • shirty5 said:

I hope it's not an evening game.

The economy is entirely bollixed and power is intermittent throughout most of the country (the American University Medical Centre, one of the top hospitals in the country was running out of fuel for its emergency generators in the last couple of weeks).
  • Bet a few countries are going to get stroppy over this...