Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International call ups

Comments

• Options
    I sometimes wonder if international managers/scouts watch players.

This isn't a dig at Levitt as it's not his fault, but how can he be worthy of a call up? He's played 207 minutes of league football and can't currently get into a league one teams midfield.
    They've watched him but said 'he'll have to do, all the other options are shit', looking east enviously as usual.
  • Options
    So this would be the Rochdale game off.
    The question is do we want to call these games off only to create a congested fixture list elsewhere, or could we be alright without them? With others fit we could be OK in defence; it's Washington we'd miss the most.
    Yes, the fixture congestion is a concern, especially re injuries. Could do without the EFL trophy games? Personally, although it disappoints me to say it in a way, I am not concerned about the FA Cup as it just adds to the number of games, even though there are no replays this season, are there? I want to concentrate on the league
    I would normally get irritated by such a comment that lowers the value of the FA Cup but this year it's meaningless. The dream of a Wembley FA Cup Final isn't there. They should just abandon the competition until fans are allowed to attend.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Another youngster who has now left Charlton (not sure if we released him) but Jordan Zemura who joined Bournemouth last year has been called up by Zimbabwe for their latest AFCON Qualifiers along with Adam Chicksen which I find a bit bizarre as thought he had Asian heritage.

I know these are all players no longer with us so a bit pointless but surprised that there is no call up for Bonne

Especially with that big fuss about getting his Passport sorted, unless of course he is hoping to follow in Jamie Vardy's footsteps
  • Options
    Another youngster who has now left Charlton (not sure if we released him) but Jordan Zemura who joined Bournemouth last year has been called up by Zimbabwe for their latest AFCON Qualifiers along with Adam Chicksen which I find a bit bizarre as thought he had Asian heritage.

I know these are all players no longer with us so a bit pointless but surprised that there is no call up for Bonne

Especially with that big fuss about getting his Passport sorted, unless of course he is hoping to follow in Jamie Vardy's footsteps
    I reckon he’s not wanting to commit himself too early 
  • Options

Wouldnt surprise me, think its extremely optimistic of him but he got accused of that by Zimbabwe fans when he withdrew from that squad last year
  • Options
    4 called up

Next league game will be Gillingham on 21st then
    Rochdale game has already been called off
    Not officially confirmed yet, just expected 

Charlton's four call-ups mean that the home fixture against Rochdale on November 14th is set to be postponed and will be announced once confirmed. #cafc

Dont need no twitter comment to know what I do ;)

Probably not the sort of announcements Rochdale players and fans will be happy to see I suspect, not only has the game been called off, it’s been called off because their opponents have 4 international players...and they still have to play the game at some point.
  • Options
    Lincoln vs Gillingham has also been postponed

Lincoln's Brennan Johnson has been selected for Wales while Anthony Scully and Zack Elbouzedi have been named in the Ireland under-21 squad and Sean Roughan has been put on standby.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    4 called up

Next league game will be Gillingham on 21st then
    Rochdale game has already been called off
    Not officially confirmed yet, just expected 

Charlton's four call-ups mean that the home fixture against Rochdale on November 14th is set to be postponed and will be announced once confirmed. #cafc

Dont need no twitter comment to know what I do ;)

Probably not the sort of announcements Rochdale players and fans will be happy to see I suspect, not only has the game been called off, it’s been called off because their opponents have 4 international players...and they still have to play the game at some point.
    Am sure Rochdale are used to having games postponed over the last couple of years, they were bottom of the League I think when they played Spurs in the FA Cup because they had played about ten games less than everyone else in League One - They're certainly used to having Charlton games postponed, wasnt our fixture at Spotland re-arranged about three times a few years ago?
  • Options

Wouldnt surprise me, think its extremely optimistic of him but he got accused of that by Zimbabwe fans when he withdrew from that squad last year
    I believe that he started the process (of playing for Zimbabwe) before he signed for us and now another club has paid 7 figures for him and sold him the dream of aiming for the prem, I think a lot of players would hang on for that off chance of playing for the country that they want to 

• Options
    I can see the lifestyle attraction for Lyle to play for Montserrat, I'm not sure the same applies to Zimbabwe...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So this would be the Rochdale game off.
    The question is do we want to call these games off only to create a congested fixture list elsewhere, or could we be alright without them? With others fit we could be OK in defence; it's Washington we'd miss the most.
    Yes, the fixture congestion is a concern, especially re injuries. Could do without the EFL trophy games? Personally, although it disappoints me to say it in a way, I am not concerned about the FA Cup as it just adds to the number of games, even though there are no replays this season, are there? I want to concentrate on the league
    I would normally get irritated by such a comment that lowers the value of the FA Cup but this year it's meaningless. The dream of a Wembley FA Cup Final isn't there. They should just abandon the competition until fans are allowed to attend.
    Let's give up living then too .
    Wrong thread. There's a thread for Covid19.
  • Options
    A reminder to anyone who has satellite TV, but not the right Sky package and wants to watch our Welsh players, that S4C has live coverage of all 3 Wales games, albeit with Welsh commentary!
  • Options
    A reminder to anyone who has satellite TV, but not the right Sky package and wants to watch our Welsh players, that S4C has live coverage of all 3 Wales games, albeit with Welsh commentary!
    Dim Saesneg!
  • Options
    Not related to us, but Bretford's Marcus Forss scored on his debut for Finland against France last night. A year ago he was on loan at AFC Wimbledon!
  • Options
    Not related to us, but Bretford's Marcus Forss scored on his debut for Finland against France last night. A year ago he was on loan at AFC Wimbledon!
    He has started as many League games for Brentford as he has for Finland - one!
  • Options
    Pope to start for England
  • Options
    Gunter and Levitt start for Wales (alongside Lockyer and ahem Matt Smith), Jonny on the bench
  • Options
    Washington starting up top for Northern Ireland 
  • Options
    Gunter and Levitt start for Wales (alongside Lockyer and ahem Matt Smith), Jonny on the bench
    TBF Smith is probably better than Levitt lol, Smith has scored for Doncaster as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be interesting where Gunter plays tonight, as Connor Roberts is also playing and he's their first choice RB

• Options
    It'll be interesting where Gunter plays tonight, as Connor Roberts is also playing and he's their first choice RB

Gunter at LB
  • Options
    Loic Nego is on the bench for Hungary against Iceland in their Euro 2020(ish) playoff. 
  • Options
    Levitt getting slaughtered on Twitter, one terrible back pass nearly gifting the US  a goal
  • Options
    Half watched the Wales match, Gunter was good, Levitt was poor but Matt Smith was even worse! Smith came off at HT, Levitt improved a bit in the second half and played 80 minutes

Looking at social media, the Wales fans seem pretty united that Levitt is nowhere near ready for international football and should be in the U21s
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Loic Nego is on the bench for Hungary against Iceland in their Euro 2020(ish) playoff. 
    And scores the equalizer for Hungary no less. Absolutely gutted for Iceland. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    No Jonny Williams or Dylan Levitt in the Wales squad for this afternoon’s game v the Republic of Ireland. Chris Gunter on the subs bench. #cafc

Won't be watching then!
  • Options
    Conor Washington starting for NI.
  • Options
    Conor Washington starting for NI.
    Being selfish, I hope he doesn't start all 3 games for NI and come back knackered!
  • Options
    Half watched the Wales match, Gunter was good, Levitt was poor but Matt Smith was even worse! Smith came off at HT, Levitt improved a bit in the second half and played 80 minutes

Looking at social media, the Wales fans seem pretty united that Levitt is nowhere near ready for international football and should be in the U21s
    Hmmm.........

Plays for Man U & who are Wales managed by.......

Ah yes, an ex Man U legend.

Go figure.