Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Great.
    Hardly any notice.
    Will there be a YouTube stream?
    Yes on the Birmingham YouTube channel.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The location is in the middle of nowhere.
    Birmingham 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Great.
    Hardly any notice.
    Will be able to watch it later. After the Cup Final if needed.
  • Options
    Reading between the lines, Birmingham won the toss to host the final and then needed to find a venue, presumably because St Andrews wasn't available.

Not sure if City usually play games at this venue but seems like it was all that was available.

Not really sure what the club have done wrong here, they have announced it as soon as the details were confirmed but the usual suspect will whinge and find fault as they always do.

I'll be watching on Youtube and then turning over to watch the cup final, which is ideal as I don't have to listen to hours of waffle about City and United.

Come on lads, bring the trophy home.

City 1 - 2 Charlton (M'Bick, Enslin)
    Birmingham are renovating St Andrews this summer and doing work inside and outside the stadium so it definitely isn't available.
  • Options
    Reading between the lines, Birmingham won the toss to host the final and then needed to find a venue, presumably because St Andrews wasn't available.

Not sure if City usually play games at this venue but seems like it was all that was available.

Not really sure what the club have done wrong here, they have announced it as soon as the details were confirmed but the usual suspect will whinge and find fault as they always do.

I'll be watching on Youtube and then turning over to watch the cup final, which is ideal as I don't have to listen to hours of waffle about City and United.

Come on lads, bring the trophy home.

City 1 - 2 Charlton (M'Bick, Enslin)
    Birmingham are renovating St Andrews this summer and doing work inside and outside the stadium so it definitely isn't available.
    Looking at their website their U18s played home games at their training ground so this seems like an emergency venue.

Not ideal and not helped by the U18s season finishing so much later than the first teams meaning both teams' home grounds and training grounds were not available.

City's U21s play games a Solihul Moors but again assume that wasn't suitable either.
  • Options
    Posted on the Club Shop thread around this issue but unable to cut & paste or whatever onto this one ....

Ready for being called a whinger by You Know Who of anyone is able to bring it here....
  • Options
    Posted on the Club Shop thread around this issue but unable to cut & paste or whatever onto this one ....

Ready for being called a whinger by You Know Who of anyone is able to bring it here....
    11:47AM edited 11:48AM
    One piece of good news to wake up to.

But, despite Henry's warning to would be whingers, I stand by my opinion that the details  of Saturday's U18 Final have been announced too late for supporters of our Young Guns hoping to attend. 

Exactly the same scenario of 2 years ago when we were away to Sheffield Weds. 

It's not rocket science ! 

Anyone would think the desire to support our teams at whatever level is secondary  to news of new partnerships announced on the OS etc etc. 

Disappointing to say the least & unacceptable IMO. We are a FOOTBALL club after all .....

Could & should do better.

• Options
    Thanks, clive. x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

11:47AM edited 11:48AM
    One piece of good news to wake up to.

But, despite Henry's warning to would be whingers, I stand by my opinion that the details  of Saturday's U18 Final have been announced too late for supporters of our Young Guns hoping to attend. 

Exactly the same scenario of 2 years ago when we were away to Sheffield Weds. 

It's not rocket science ! 

Anyone would think the desire to support our teams at whatever level is secondary  to news of new partnerships announced on the OS etc etc. 

Disappointing to say the least & unacceptable IMO. We are a FOOTBALL club after all .....

Could & should do better.

What should Charlton have done better?

Clearly Birmingham won the toss for home venue so it was on them to find the venue, not Charlton.

City's home ground and presumably their training ground isn't available so they had to find a third choice.  That's not something Charlton could do or control.

Just like with Sheffield United two years ago, the venue was dictated by other games going on a Brammal Lane.  Again, not in Charlton's hands.

I don't know why it took Birmingham as long as it did but I really don't how this is Charlton's fault?

There are more than enough things that Charlton don't do well or mess up to complain about so I really don't get the need to find more that aren't in their control.

The venue is a couple of hours up the M1 and close the M5 or we can watch it on Youtube.

In future, perhaps the Premier League should task all the club's near the top of the divisions to allocate times and venues for any likely games but that is quite a task as that might involve 2, 3 or 4 teams in each division and one or two games either home and away.  
  • Options
    When was it made clear to the world that Birmingham won the toss to have the home venue?
  • Options
    Just wasted an hour of my life searching transport options to the Brum final location.
    Fwiw  
    Euston  10.16 hr to Brum New st- 11.48hr.
    12.00 hr New St to Hampstead Station arrive 12.16hr.
    Cab to ground - 7 minutes.  £48.30p.

No idea re a coach.

Not decided yet,  if I go it'll be via my little Hyundai i10 !
    Route planners are telling me 2 hrs 50 mins from Sidcup.
  • Options
    I don't know why they could not put it on at Wembley as a warm up for that other, not important game 🤣
  • Options
    The club, as Henry pointed out, may well be blameless on this occasion. However, there is a real issue with the lack of information handed out 're the academy teams.

For instance, how quick are the club to put out nonsense like it being Koncheskys or Gomez birthdays? Irrelevant to the here and now imo.
  • Options
    The club, as Henry pointed out, may well be blameless on this occasion. However, there is a real issue with the lack of information handed out 're the academy teams.

For instance, how quick are the club to put out nonsense like it being Koncheskys or Gomez birthdays? Irrelevant to the here and now imo.
    I agree that the coverage of the U18s could and should be better.  I'd like to see some the programme profiles of the young players pushed on social media, for example.

On the old player birthdays, they are easy to do and more importantly, easy to predict.  They know when a birthday is coming up and so can schedule that post or if not post it in a few seconds.   A match report or feature takes much longer to plan, prepare and post.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Great.
    Hardly any notice.

Watch live as Blues Under-18s take on Charlton Athletic Under-18s.

Martyn Olorenshaw host the Addicks at Birmingham County FA Headquarters, Ray Hall Lane, on Saturday 25 May, kick-off 1pm.

Supporters will be able to watch live video coverage on BluesTV, YouTube and X, with commentary for this fixture coming from Matt Delaney.

To watch the game, supporters must be logged into their account on BCFC.com - those without an account can register by clicking here.

Video coverage is available on BCFC.com or via the Club's official app. Download the official Birmingham City Football Club app (Apple/Android).

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/watch-blues-under-18s-live

• Options
    I don't know when the toss of the coin took place but let's assume it was on Monday.

So on Monday, Birmingham win the toss and Charlton ask "OK, where and when?"

Brum say, "we're not sure as we don't have a venue but we'll get back to you".

Charlton put out a statement on Monday that the game is away but they don't know where or when and then all the moaning starts about "how can they not know, why are they giving us only partial information?"

So Charlton wait until they have all the key info like the date and the time and venue and then announce it.

Yes, it would be great if it had all been announced much earlier but unless Charlton knew all the details on Monday and deliberately didn't bother to tell anyone until this morning I still don't see how it is their fault.
    I stand by my comment that in your scenario, once the coin had been tossed, both clubs knew the match would take place in Birmingham. 

Don't you think that information should have been announced at that point so that would- be travelling fans could make their plans accordingly ? 

Doesn't matter where in Brum at that point as everyone would know how far they'd need to travel if driving or investigate ticket prices /times to that area if letting the train take the strain. 

Simples ! It's not as if the area initially announced  was "Africa" ! 

But then again, our club has historically been poor when it comes to communication...Why change the habit of a lifetime ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know when the toss of the coin took place but let's assume it was on Monday.

Charlton put out a statement on Monday that the game is away but they don't know where or when and then all the moaning starts about "how can they not know, why are they giving us only partial information?"

So Charlton wait until they have all the key info like the date and the time and venue and then announce it.

Yes, it would be great if it had all been announced much earlier but unless Charlton knew all the details on Monday and deliberately didn't bother to tell anyone until this morning I still don't see how it is their fault.
    I stand by my comment that in your scenario, once the coin had been tossed, both clubs knew the match would take place in Birmingham. 

Don't you think that information should have been announced at that point so that would- be travelling fans could make their plans accordingly ? 

Doesn't matter where in Brum at that point as everyone would know how far they'd need to travel if driving or investigate ticket prices /times to that area if letting the train take the strain. 

But then again, our club has historically been poor when it comes to communication...Why change the habit of a lifetime ? 
    Yes, it was to be in Birmingham but when?  Today, Friday, Saturday, next Wednesday? 
  • Options

Yes, it was to be in Birmingham but when?  Today, Friday, Saturday, next Wednesday? 
    I'd wager everyone already knew it would be this Saturday as were the last 2 Finals.....

...and the semis.  
  • Options
    I thought we all knew it was Saturday ?
  • Options

are we sure it is not Birmingham Alabama?
  • Options
    Birmingham are allowing fans to watch the game, £4 to get in.
  • Options
    We know this from the OS - that isn't the issue.
  • Options
    edited May 23
    I had not read the OS, thus me mentioning the admission. 

I do understand the frustration on late and insufficient information.

I thought I was being helpful for a change Auntie Jean :)
  • Options
    I had not read the OS, thus me mentioning the admission. 

I do understand the frustration on late and insufficient information.

I thought I was being helpful for a change Auntie Jean :)
    Lol.

Still love you, Elfs x
  • Options
    One question. In order to watch on general YouTube will I have to register in some way?