Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    Jalo again the creator.

Birmingham beat Bristol City on Pens in the other semi
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Casey!! 4-3
  • Options
    4-3 Casey!
  • Options
    4-3 turn and finish…Casey
  • Options
    Crude foul on M'Bick.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Fabio Jalo came on for their first team at The Valley , meant to be very highly thought of. 
    He also came on for them in December against us, the same game that Mbick came on for us..!

For comparison between Jalo and our two forward lads in terms of league minutes played:

- Jalo, 281 mins and 1 goal
    - Mbick, 26 mins
    - Casey, 2 mins
  • Options
    Casey certainly has the gift. Impressed with Wales as well, who looks very tidy and creative.

No wonder this bloke Fábio Jaló looks good - according to Wiki, he's got 19 first team appearances under his belt and is a Portugal Under 19 international. 
  • Options
    I can’t recall Casey putting a foot wrong in this game so far.
    Having a good all round showing.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    5-3! Hunter nods in from a Rylah corner
  • Options
    5-3! Not sure who touched it in from Rylah's corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-3 close range header from a Rylah corner.
  • Options
    Hunter I believe, classic football move.
  • Options
    As in 1st half we seem to be finishing stronger.

Fitter perhaps.

Need to just hold on now
  • Options
    Mbick has taken a right clattering in this match.
  • Options
    6 mins added time? Well there have been a few injuries
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    6 mins added time? Well there have been a few injuries
    And a few goals
  • Options
    Result?  Still playing?
  • Options
    Casey’s booking and substitution was an entertainment in itself.
  • Options
    Won 5-3
  • Options
    Full time 5-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When’s the final?  Do we know the opponents?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Full time 5-3
    I thought it was never gonna end!
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict it'll be Birmingham, but when and where has yet to be confirmed
  • Options
    Great all round performance from Mbick, despite getting well roughed up.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    I rarely see the academy lads these days but really enjoyed that. Casey has a great touch as well as the knack of finding the right finish (the screamer in the first half, the accurate placement for his second) so I agree that he is reminiscent of Clive Mendonca - nowhere near that level yet, obviously, but definite similarities in style. M'Bick seemed much more reliant on his physical stature but nothing wrong in using your assets. Good to have them both and it would be great if they are able to continue progressing up and into the first team in due course.

I also thought the defence did well for most of the second half. Gough and Hunter stood up to a lot of pressure and saw the game out well for the final half hour or so.
  • Options
    Great stuff, Young Guns ! 

Full of energy, commitment, passion & skill. At times the passing was just like watching Brazil.

Really hope that Nathan was there to see what he has to look forward to thanks to Steve Avory, Jason Pearce & their colleagues. What a wonderful set up we have ...Eat your heart out Millwall.

Now for the Final....

Bless their cotton socks !!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The little I have seen of him has not been disappointing considering all the contexts.
    File under interesting prospect.

• Options
    M'bick claimed that 'I'm bit of a handful' and he is correct. A right nuisance to any defence, always battling, worrying and...yes being a right bloody nusiance. Good for him.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that game.  Far more enjoyable than the first team!!
  • Options
    Splendid