Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aggressive spam ad you are chosen from CL

Comments

• Options
    It only happened when I opened the Lye taylor thread all the others were ok 
  • Options
    Had it yesterday, on iPhone. Had a software upgrade last night. Seems to be ok now.
    did you upgrade to IOS 12.4? I'm trying that now
    Yes 
  • Options
    It happened for me on this thread 5 times but has stopped now and was ok on other threads but then started on the match review thread. At least it’s not a virus but v annoying. 
  • Options
    Just happened to me on the Johnny Williams thread 
  • Options
    Was happening to me on the post match views, switching to the desktop version stopped it altogether. 
  • Options
    It’s happened 5 times to me this
    morning. Very annoying. 
  • Options
    Still happening even after clearing history. Making CL unusable.
  • Options
    Same message appeared on my iphone.
    Cleared it, but was a pain cos I never won anything!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Not happened at all for me while using Safari on iOS.

I feel left out.
  • Options
    Still happening even after clearing history. Making CL unusable.
    Apparently not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a dodgy ad provider serving the forum. It will soon be reported and stopped. Irritating but as long as you press back or close the browser window when it does pop up, not dangerous.
  • Options
    It's the Duchatalet Virus.

It infects anything Charlton related.
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:
    It’s a dodgy ad provider serving the forum. It will soon be reported and stopped. Irritating but as long as you press back or close the browser window when it does pop up, not dangerous.
    In the meantime some threads have become no go areas as soon as they are opened
  • Options
    Having the same problem on mobile site 
  • Options
    Same for me and as for the Brighton striker thread, I cant open that at all !
  • Options
    Can’t look at certain threads it keeps appearing 
  • Options
    Happens every time I open a thread
  • Options
    Yep happening to me too.
  • Options
    Yep me too. On my iPhone very annoying 
  • Options
    Not been able to get on Post Match Thread since last night. Tried clearing history and logging out but nothing yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had something similar recently whilst in Spain but think it was from the Guardian website. We got rid of it on Chrome by using Website block, cut and paste the 'word' part of the address and add it to sites blocked.

I had to do it for about 6 different addressees but it did the trick. 
  • Options
    Ok, not had this problem before. Will get it looked into today

• Options
    edited August 2019
    This was happening on “the forum who’s name shall not be mentioned”  a few days ago......not sure if it still is.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Just for the record, I have a number of issues using Safari on an Apple ipad using only this website!
    I took my iPad to an Apple outlet who I showed the problems to and there was nothing they could do and said it was a problem with Vanilla!
    They also told me that in the next few months there will be a massive update bringing some on going issues of varying degrees into line and improving Safari/Apple bringing it bang up to date with other browsers......something  about a new generation version or some such jargon that I didn’t really understand.
    I can only hope that this update will improve the very irritating stuff I and some others are having to deal with since around March of this year.....prior to around that time it was perfect......I can’t be more specific about the date and may be a month or two out with that estimation.
    My keyboard now does not clear the screen when I have posted a message and my inability to see the drop down names of likes and lols on threads or posts other than ones I have started or posts I have sent myself.....very strange.
    I also have a problem when I send a PM, getting the drop down list of users to work so I can’t find a user name and post. I try over and over again and then for some strange reason it suddenly decides to work! Other times I just give up.
    Sound as , im no expert , but as Johnboy suggested try downloading and using the google chrome app as your entry to the internet, and see if it makes any difference, I try to not use safari.
    I would be very nervous to do that without qualified supervision, I am possibly the least computer savvy user on CL.....absolutely hopeless. :(
    Nevertheless thanks for the suggestion.
    I’ll wait for the new Apple/Safari update/version and see how that goes, if it’s still the same I will (reluctantly), try Chrome.
  • Options
    I was getting it a lot on safari but I downloaded Chrome and have been using that. Haven’t had the problem since
  • Options
    Just for the record, I have a number of issues using Safari on an Apple ipad using only this website!
    I took my iPad to an Apple outlet who I showed the problems to and there was nothing they could do and said it was a problem with Vanilla!
    They also told me that in the next few months there will be a massive update bringing some on going issues of varying degrees into line and improving Safari/Apple bringing it bang up to date with other browsers......something  about a new generation version or some such jargon that I didn’t really understand.
    I can only hope that this update will improve the very irritating stuff I and some others are having to deal with since around March of this year.....prior to around that time it was perfect......I can’t be more specific about the date and may be a month or two out with that estimation.
    My keyboard now does not clear the screen when I have posted a message and my inability to see the drop down names of likes and lols on threads or posts other than ones I have started or posts I have sent myself.....very strange.
    I also have a problem when I send a PM, getting the drop down list of users to work so I can’t find a user name and post. I try over and over again and then for some strange reason it suddenly decides to work! Other times I just give up.
    Sound as , im no expert , but as Johnboy suggested try downloading and using the google chrome app as your entry to the internet, and see if it makes any difference, I try to not use safari.

That didn’t work for me before, sadly. 
  • Options
    I’ve seen this a few times, but not here. It pops up periodically on various sites. Just close the app you’re in and it goes away. Most of the time I’ve seen this on Facebook. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Hi everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. We’re working on isolating the offending ad. 
    Was having problems with it on iPhone earlier on various threads, but seems better now.