Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Anyone want to read David Prutton’s views on us signing Hemed? Well now you can.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-david-prutton-issues-his-verdict-on-charltons-signing-of-tomer-hemed/
  • Options
    Is the reason why he wasn’t picked against Forest is down to him having a baby?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Is the reason why he wasn’t picked against Forest is down to him having a baby?
    I would very much doubt it.
  • Options
    How many days training with the squad has a Tomer had ? Could he make the bench on Saturday?
  • Options
    After Aneke's cameo up front I would be very surprised Hemed wasn't on the bench, 
  • Options
    After Aneke's cameo up front I would be very surprised Hemed wasn't on the bench, 
    Have we reached the stage where it's one bad game and your out ?
    Aneke who couldn't get into the pace of the game when he came on against Forest, scored against Stoke from the bench within 6 minutes !  He didn't seem too bad then.

Hemed will bring much needed experience and guile to the forward line But I just wish that the Sub had been made earlier because Aneke would have buried that gift wrapped chance that Leko hit into the Covered end.
    Leko is an exciting young player but he is more Josh Parker than Lyle Taylor when chances come begging.

Ps. I think Bonne would've scored that chance as well.
    Ps. I think Lego would’ve scored that chance as well. :)
  • Options
    Knee-jerk. 
  • Options
    Article from The Athletic confirms the reasons behind the delay (& subsequent approval) of the Hemed signing:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1152739/2019/08/21/revealed-how-a-loophole-in-the-efl-rules-allowed-hemed-to-join-charlton-11-days-after-the-window-shut/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knee-jerk. 
    Elbow Jerk
  • Options
    Article from The Athletic confirms the reasons behind the delay (& subsequent approval) of the Hemed signing:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1152739/2019/08/21/revealed-how-a-loophole-in-the-efl-rules-allowed-hemed-to-join-charlton-11-days-after-the-window-shut/

Can you just post the story... Some of us don't want random apps.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Can you just post the story... Some of us don't want random apps.
    I have, above.
  • Options
    Copied and pasted below for those not subscribed:

Revealed: How a loophole in the EFL rules allowed Hemed to join Charlton, 11 days after the window shut

Brighton saved former striker Tomer Hemed from months of misery by agreeing to cancel his contract, allowing the Israel international to join Charlton 11 days after the transfer window closed.

The Athletic can now reveal the reasons behind the official confirmation of Hemed’s transfer being delayed until August 19.

Brighton originally intended to reach a settlement with Hemed over the year remaining on his contract in order to facilitate his switch to Championship side Charlton. But the transfer window closed at 5pm on Thursday August 8, without confirmation from either club that the move had gone through.

Charlton were in dispute with the EFL over whether all the necessary paperwork had been completed by the five o’clock cut-off. The matter was referred to the EFL Board, who rejected the transfer.

Hemed, 32, was left in limbo, still training with Brighton but knowing he was not in the plans of head coach Graham Potter and fearing he would be stranded on the south coast until January. But a paragraph in the small print of the EFL regulations allowed his move to be resurrected.

Brighton agreed to cancel Hemed’s contract, enabling him to be classified as a player “out of registration”. League regulations state that registration has to expire or have been cancelled “at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window”. In the case of the summer transfer window, however, the “applicable end date is that applied to clubs in Leagues One and Two”.

In May, EFL clubs voted in favour of a proposal to introduce different transfer deadlines for Championship clubs compared to League One and League Two. The Championship deadline became aligned to that of the Premier League (August 8) but League One and League Two clubs can carry on doing business until August 31.

The August 31 deadline get-out is what enabled Hemed to be reunited in south-east London with compatriot and former Brighton team-mate Beram Kayal on a one-year contract. Midfielder Kayal joined Charlton on deadline day on a season-long loan.

Hemed’s case emphasises the perils of transfer deals going to the wire at the end of the window, with Brighton victims themselves twice in two years.

In August 2014, Republic of Ireland left back Stephen Ward was poised to sign permanently following a loan move from Wolves the previous season. He did a U-turn and joined Burnley instead.

In August 2016, Brighton’s bid for Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard was hijacked at the eleventh hour by then-Championship rivals Norwich.

Terms had been agreed with Spurs, the player and his agent. Pritchard was travelling south to sign when he was delayed in traffic on the M25 and Norwich jumped in.

So because the August 31st deadline exists for League One / League Two teams it means that a player can join a Championship / Premier League club from any club provided they're released before the closure of that final window? - Guess that also explains how Oztumer was able to sign for us too... i.e. I know he handed in his notice prior to the window closing but that may not have mattered under these rules
  • Options
    They probably intended no players can join Championship or Premier if not out of contract before August 8th deadline but it wasn't written that way that was meant. I wonder what lawyer picked up on that? Well, we don't have a lawyer, unless Gallen working with Brighton and Hemed's agent picked up on this and appealed. 
  • Options
    Knee-jerk. 
    Bowyer has said himself all summer that he doesn't see Aneke as a striker. Aneke came on up front and didn't play well. We have a proven Championship striker now, so how is it knee-jerk to suggest that said proven striker will be on the bench tomorrow?
  • Options
    Knee-jerk. 
    Bowyer has said himself all summer that he doesn't see Aneke as a striker. Aneke came on up front and didn't play well. We have a proven Championship striker now, so how is it knee-jerk to suggest that said proven striker will be on the bench tomorrow?
    Knee-jerk. 
    When I have seen him play Aneke always impressed me more when he played in midfield 

Hopefully we have the squad now that he can play in that role. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Knee-jerk. 
    Knee-jerk. 
    When I have seen him play Aneke always impressed me more when he played in midfield 

Hopefully we have the squad now that he can play in that role. 
    He gives us a different option playing attacking midfielder, only problem is that Williams and Oztumer are probably better players. But neither of those will be able to match Aneke's goals. Exciting options to have, it was definitely something we lacked last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams isn’t a goal scorer but I think Oztumer gets his fair share. 

Edit : Career Stats

Apps 302
    Goals 105

thats top class
    It is, but it's also aided that by the fact that nearly half of those goals were for Dulwich Hamlet. 

For Bolton, Walsall and Peterborough he has 37 in 155, which is still very decent. 
  • Options
    I'd like to see Ozzy as a second striker, will do no worse than Leko/Aneke. Maybe fewer headed chances...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see Ozzy as a second striker, will do no worse than Leko/Aneke. Maybe fewer headed chances...
    Heightist 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Heightist 
     Standing at 5ft 9 there's not many I can mock, therefore I will take my opportunities!
  • Options
    Sat next to his wife and child today in the West.
  • Options
    The way Mendonca wrote his comment, made it sound to me as though Hemed was sat next to his wife and child today

Of course knew that Mendonca was saying that he sat next to Hemed's wife and child
  • Options
    Copied and pasted below for those not subscribed:

Revealed: How a loophole in the EFL rules allowed Hemed to join Charlton, 11 days after the window shut

Brighton saved former striker Tomer Hemed from months of misery by agreeing to cancel his contract, allowing the Israel international to join Charlton 11 days after the transfer window closed.

The Athletic can now reveal the reasons behind the official confirmation of Hemed’s transfer being delayed until August 19.

Brighton originally intended to reach a settlement with Hemed over the year remaining on his contract in order to facilitate his switch to Championship side Charlton. But the transfer window closed at 5pm on Thursday August 8, without confirmation from either club that the move had gone through.

Charlton were in dispute with the EFL over whether all the necessary paperwork had been completed by the five o’clock cut-off. The matter was referred to the EFL Board, who rejected the transfer.

Hemed, 32, was left in limbo, still training with Brighton but knowing he was not in the plans of head coach Graham Potter and fearing he would be stranded on the south coast until January. But a paragraph in the small print of the EFL regulations allowed his move to be resurrected.

Brighton agreed to cancel Hemed’s contract, enabling him to be classified as a player “out of registration”. League regulations state that registration has to expire or have been cancelled “at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window”. In the case of the summer transfer window, however, the “applicable end date is that applied to clubs in Leagues One and Two”.

In May, EFL clubs voted in favour of a proposal to introduce different transfer deadlines for Championship clubs compared to League One and League Two. The Championship deadline became aligned to that of the Premier League (August 8) but League One and League Two clubs can carry on doing business until August 31.

The August 31 deadline get-out is what enabled Hemed to be reunited in south-east London with compatriot and former Brighton team-mate Beram Kayal on a one-year contract. Midfielder Kayal joined Charlton on deadline day on a season-long loan.

Hemed’s case emphasises the perils of transfer deals going to the wire at the end of the window, with Brighton victims themselves twice in two years.

In August 2014, Republic of Ireland left back Stephen Ward was poised to sign permanently following a loan move from Wolves the previous season. He did a U-turn and joined Burnley instead.

In August 2016, Brighton’s bid for Tottenham’s Alex Pritchard was hijacked at the eleventh hour by then-Championship rivals Norwich.

Terms had been agreed with Spurs, the player and his agent. Pritchard was travelling south to sign when he was delayed in traffic on the M25 and Norwich jumped in.

Still doesn't explain why it took the EFL 11 days to ratify the transfer though.

If the rule is there in the small print, then it's a 1 minute job to read the rule, check his contract was cancelled in time and go "oh yes he can be transferred"