Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    "play to his strengths"
    OK
    genuine question: What has anybody identified as a footballing strength yet displayed by Tomer Hemed?
    Read the thread...

Its clear in games that he's played that he's got excellent ball control (can bring the ball down just as well as Taylor) and has the strength to hold the ball up before passing it to the players coming up in support, means that when we do attack the goal its in numbers rather than just two isolated Strikers

What he's not great at is jumping so when you consider passing the ball to him what do you think is the best option?

As CharltonByBlood says, both Green and Bonne came on (the former replaced Hemed), neither player made any impact on the game so perhaps highlighted the issue wasnt with our Strikers on Saturday!!
  • Options
    I think I’d rather have Josh Davison ahead of Hemed. Maybe Hemed will come good, but we aren’t in a position to give him time. I’d like to see Taylor and Bonne start and Hemed and Davison on the bench. One thing is for sure, lose Taylor and Bonne to injury and we will be relegated. 
    You are joking?

Anyone who can not see Hemed is decent and we clearly don't play to his strengths I do wonder what game they are watching.

Davison over Hemed? Jesus
    How can we see he is decent? What evidence do you have that he is? 

So Hemed never scored goals in this league for QPR and Brighton?
    Some of the service he has received has been utter dross. We do not play to his strengths it's as simple as that.
    Anyone that calls him lazy, overweight etc I'm sorry but what are they watching.

Yes he has, but that is in the past. Pele scored over 500 career goals, and although I would have him on the bench over Hemed, I would still put Bonne, Green and Taylor above him. 

I agree on the overweight and lazy thing, but that doesn't mean he's good enough. Davison isn't overweight, nor did he lack effort, so that only puts them on a par. 

Either way, Hemed hasn't scored and hasn't looked good in the slightest. 

Saying he isn't fat and has scored goals in the past is not evidence as to why we should be picking him now. 
  • Options
    I think I’d rather have Josh Davison ahead of Hemed. Maybe Hemed will come good, but we aren’t in a position to give him time. I’d like to see Taylor and Bonne start and Hemed and Davison on the bench. One thing is for sure, lose Taylor and Bonne to injury and we will be relegated. 
    You are joking?

Anyone who can not see Hemed is decent and we clearly don't play to his strengths I do wonder what game they are watching.

Some of the service he has received has been utter dross. We do not play to his strengths it's as simple as that.
    Anyone that calls him lazy, overweight etc I'm sorry but what are they watching.

Yes he has, but that is in the past. Pele scored over 500 career goals, and although I would have him on the bench over Hemed, I would still put Bonne, Green and Taylor above him. 

I agree on the overweight and lazy thing, but that doesn't mean he's good enough. Davison isn't overweight, nor did he lack effort, so that only puts them on a par. 

Saying he isn't fat and has scored goals in the past is not evidence as to why we should be picking him now. 
    So Bowyer is picking him simply because Green, Bonne, Aneke arent fit and based on zero evidence seen in training?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You are joking?

So Bowyer is picking him simply because Green, Bonne, Aneke arent fit and based on zero evidence seen in training?
    I'm totally with you here as a Hemed defender mate, but I kinda think he is. That being said Bowyer probably has stats on how much ground he covers, passes he makes etc, and if he thought he was not contributing could shuffle the formation around to take him out.
  • Options
    You are joking?

What? My question was to CharltonByBlood. Although yes Hemed is helped by the fact that 3 senior players who have played up front are currently out injured. 

Hemed may have scored a few but that is in the past. That is not justification to start him now. 

• Options
    You are joking?

I'm totally with you here as a Hemed defender mate, but I kinda think he is. That being said Bowyer probably has stats on how much ground he covers, passes he makes etc, and if he thought he was not contributing could shuffle the formation around to take him out.
    For me he came into the team against Forest because of injury to Andre Green - I think he then kept his place (deservedly) on Saturday after said performance

With Hemed for me its also about how many chances has he wasted and can only think of one which was when Taylor put him through on Tuesday (reckon he'd have scored but for the block and was then off balance when the ball came back to him)...

When we signed him I felt he was a proper poacher, the sort who'll find space in the penalty area and snap up loose balls, quite simply those chances havent come, partly because when the ball does go into the area it tends to be a high cross from the full backs
  • Options
    You are joking?

What? My question was to CharltonByBlood. Although yes Hemed is helped by the fact that 3 senior players who have played up front are currently out injured. 

Hemed may have scored a few but that is in the past. That is not justification to start him now. 

Yes I know your question was to CBB but I didnt agree with your response either... for me the justitication from Bowyer comes from seeing him in training - If Bowyer surely thinks he isnt good enough to be starting surely there would be changes to the formation, after all we've played the lone Striker before this season
  • Options
    You are joking?

Yes I know your question was to CBB but I didnt agree with your response either... for me the justitication from Bowyer comes from seeing him in training - If Bowyer surely thinks he isnt good enough to be starting surely there would be changes to the formation, after all we've played the lone Striker before this season
    I think that's an easy cop out though. I like Bowyer but it doesn't mean he gets things right 100% of the time. Justifying his selection just because Bowyer picks him is IMO ridicilous. As is saying he isn't fat and has scored goals in the past. Anyway, we have had injuries so Hemed was gifted an opportunity. A half decent game against Forest aside, he's been shocking. 

He shouldn't be a scapegoat from Saturday, it's not as if he was the only player who was awful. But we signed him months ago and he has played ok on 1 or 2 occasions and still hasn't scored. 
  • Options
    You are joking?

I think that's an easy cop out though. I like Bowyer but it doesn't mean he gets things right 100% of the time. Justifying his selection just because Bowyer picks him is IMO ridicilous. As is saying he isn't fat and has scored goals in the past. Anyway, we have had injuries so Hemed was gifted an opportunity. A half decent game against Forest aside, he's been shocking. 

He shouldn't be a scapegoat from Saturday, it's not as if he was the only player who was awful. But we signed him months ago and he has played ok on 1 or 2 occasions and still hasn't scored. 
    But when your playing cameos what do you expect, as I said... Karlan Grant is a perfect example of why you shouldnt judge a player based on a scattering of minutes

If he had been playing constantly for weeks then Id agree with you completely but he's started three games, two of those (Birmingham / Blackburn) have been shocking performances all around
  • Options
    You are joking?

But when your playing cameos what do you expect, as I said... Karlan Grant is a perfect example of why you shouldnt judge a player based on a scattering of minutes

If he had been playing constantly for weeks then Id agree with you completely but he's started three games, two of those (Birmingham / Blackburn) have been shocking performances all around
    I'm not even completely ruling him out and would love to see him surprise. My initial question was to CBB who says Hemed is clearly decent. But at this moment in time, I have seen no indiciation that things are going to change. Maybe he needs a goal, but how long do you persist with him? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not going to lie... I was ready to write him off myself - Wanted to see him play alongside Taylor as thought they'd compliment each other and that was confirmed on Tuesday night

I hope to god the conditions are more favourable this weekend (not just for the Football) as think if we can get the ball down and play we'll cause greater damage to Luton... At the same time I fully expect Green to be back starting
  • Options
    I'm not writing him off just yet and will continue to support him when he is on the pitch. That being said, I cannot really see a justifiable reason for his selection at the minute. With Bonne back I don't expect to see him too often between now and the summer. 
  • Options
    You are joking?

I am not saying Bowyer is right 100% of the time, no football manager is, but what he and football managers have over most fans is:

1: They usually played the game at a competitive level so have a better understanding of the requirements.
    2: The coaches around them, that they have access to, have also usually played the game at a competitive level.
    3: The manager has access to a plethora of stats, not only about our team, but also the opposition.
    4: A manager gets to see players day in day out.
    5: Managers tend to be a bit more level headed about things then your general football fan who lets 'passion' blind them.

With all this in mind I think a football manager tends to come to a more informed decision then your average fan.
  • Options
    You are joking?

I am not saying Bowyer is right 100% of the time, no football manager is, but what he and football managers have over most fans is:

1: They usually played the game at a competitive level so have a better understanding of the requirements.
    2: The coaches around them, that they have access to, have also usually played the game at a competitive level.
    3: The manager has access to a plethora of stats, not only about our team, but also the opposition.
    4: A manager gets to see players day in day out.
    5: Managers tend to be a bit more level headed about things then your general football fan who lets 'passion' blind them.

With all this in mind I think a football manager tends to come to a more informed decision then your average fan.
    Not disputing any of that, I agree. But I still think it is a cop out to use as your own personal justification. 

• Options
    You are joking?

For me he came into the team against Forest because of injury to Andre Green - I think he then kept his place (deservedly) on Saturday after said performance

With Hemed for me its also about how many chances has he wasted and can only think of one which was when Taylor put him through on Tuesday (reckon he'd have scored but for the block and was then off balance when the ball came back to him)...

When we signed him I felt he was a proper poacher, the sort who'll find space in the penalty area and snap up loose balls, quite simply those chances havent come, partly because when the ball does go into the area it tends to be a high cross from the full backs
    But it's down to the player to get into goal scoring areas. Lyle did that for the great goal vs Forest, Purrington did that for the great goal vs Stoke. Maybe Hemed is too slow now to get into those positions, or lacking confidence to gamble, but he has to make those runs himself.

Yes if you pass the ball on the deck or on the chest to Hemed he can sometimes control it nicely, but is that enough? 
  • Options
    You are joking?

But it's down to the player to get into goal scoring areas. Lyle did that for the great goal vs Forest, Purrington did that for the great goal vs Stoke. Maybe Hemed is too slow now to get into those positions, or lacking confidence to gamble, but he has to make those runs himself.

Yes if you pass the ball on the deck or on the chest to Hemed he can sometimes control it nicely, but is that enough? 
    He was in a great scoring area when Oztumer passed that ball onto Doughty on the overlap. Not sure if Doughty saw him, or if he wanted to shoot instead, but Hemed made a dash to the front post and was not found. 
  • Options
    Might be a very good player but hasn't overly impressed me so far. If we can't play to his strengths it seems daft to select him.
  • Options
    Too much muscle no wonder he's slow 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    He’s going to need operation now to remove the twitter posters tongue from his arse. 
  • Options
    Getting in shape just in time to find himself another club. 
  • Options
    He's been in shape for months.

He's just not been good enough.
  • Options
    Forgotten all about that useless tosser.
  • Options
    I'd liken him to Josh Parker in terms of workrate, which I appreciate. I just don't get why we busted a nut to sign him and Kayal.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd liken him to Josh Parker in terms of workrate, which I appreciate. I just don't get why we busted a nut to sign him and Kayal.
    End of the window with little choice. They were very good signings on paper. 
  • Options
    He's off judging from his instagram message

From the first moment I arrived to this club I realized how spacial and big it is.I want to thank everyone, the people in the club, my teammates, coaching & medical staff, you’re all amazing people and so professional and of course to the fans that showing thier unconditional support every week.Unfortunately this season was really tough in general and personally too but I tried to give everything I can till the last moment to help the team.Thank you CAFC for this year and I wish the club to be back where it deserve to be, at the highest level of football. #thanks #cafc ❤️⚪️🔴🙌🏻

He should have just crept out quietly, was embarrassing and this just reminds us