Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Beram Kayal signs a season long loan (ed. oh no he doesn't)++

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    So Gallagher gone, Kayal confirmed as gone, Lapslie, Field, Oztumer, Aneke all injured, Williams and Forster-Caskey only just returning from injury, I'd imagine we need at least 3 midfielders in this window
    Don't forget Ledley has gone as well :smile:
  • Options
    Lapslie is the one that puzzles me.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Lapslie is the one that puzzles me.

I actually forgot about him. What is the current situation, does anyone know?

When he filled in at right back for that game, I think it was against Brentford, he was brilliant. Don't think we've seen him since.

• Options
    One positive is we now have 2 loan slots, hopefully Matty can fill them for us.
    Unless we can make permanent signings instead of course.
  • Options
    Farewell to a real great. Look forward to seeing him at a Charlton Legends game in 10 years. 
  • Options
    But surely we can't return Kayal. He signed for a season long loan after all. That's so unfair on Brighton. A loan for a season should be a loan for a season regardless.

There again, he is Brighton's player. In the same way that Conor Gallagher is Chelsea's player. And Taylor Maloney is our player.
  • Options
    But surely we can't return Kayal. He signed for a season long loan after all. That's so unfair on Brighton. A loan for a season should be a loan for a season regardless.

There again, he is Brighton's player. In the same way that Conor Gallagher is Chelsea's player. And Taylor Maloney is our player.
    Interesting that Maloney doesn't appear to have returned amongst our youngsters. Mind you I'm not sure he offers more than the likes of Dempsey and Vennings from what I have seen of him and arguably less.
  • Options
    I presume this means we have midfield incomings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Interesting that Maloney doesn't appear to have returned amongst our youngsters. Mind you I'm not sure he offers more than the likes of Dempsey and Vennings from what I have seen of him and arguably less.
    Maloney has returned from his loan @ Newport

Played for our U23s the other day against Millwall
  • Options

I guess we activated a break clause. Without it we would have been stuck with an unfit player all season, it does work both ways
  • Options
    I really don’t understand the mentality of people who get angry at players for being injured. Kayal and Hemed are both getting the ‘waste of money what a shit’ treatment. Sure, it’s not a good use of resource if a player is injured but that’s not his fault and it’s hardly something Bowyer would have expected either. Kayal always looked like he wasn’t quite ready when he played for us leading to flashes of brilliance but never a full performance. Hemed has barely played due to injury and he gets even more abuse. It’s bizarre digging players out for not being available through no fault of their own and claiming they’re rubbish footballers because a part of them has broken down. It’s really disappointing that we never got to see the best of Kayal but it’s unfair to dig him out 
    This x1000.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    why would it mean that necessarily? He's had an op and out injured so of no use to us so sensible to send him back.
  • Options
    Also, shame about Kayal. We knew he was injured when we got him in but at the time felt he was worth the upside. If he's available on a free in the summer and can get a full pre-season in him, I'd definitely be interested in him again. A proven player at this level. Just a shame it didn't work out. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I mentioned Maloney specifically because I suspect that there isn't a coincidence between us recalling him and the Newport Manager recently publicly balling him out in the press following their game on New Year's Day. 
  • Options
    Memories are eveything... Thanks Beryl.
  • Options

I guess we activated a break clause. Without it we would have been stuck with an unfit player all season, it does work both ways
    It does work both ways. But some of us seem to only see that a contract is a contract when it works in our favour and we have rather got into the habit of "playing the victim" when it we are on the wrong end of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Oztumer has trained this week. Think William's will be able to start. Cullen should be on the bench soon. We are getting there.

Edit. Dont have a source read someone saying the above about Ozzy. Cullen has been back at sparrows for a while according to various people. Rest is me filling the gaps.
    You're filling the gaps?! Christ, we really do need a few signings then.
    He'd be no help to the side though, he'd be too busy arguing with people telling him to sit down ...

;)
  • Options

It appears to be standard practice with most clubs that when a player receives a serious injury that he is returned to his parent club. 
  • Options
    Hemed’s going to want to leave now. Those two are best buddies.
  • Options
    Baronoli said:
    Hemed looked to have lost a few pounds when he came on during the FA cup game
    Probably bought a burger outside the ground?
  • Options
    Thanks for the memory Beram. Although I’m struggling to remember what it was. Good luck with the rehab. Good luck for the future 
  • Options

It appears to be standard practice with most clubs that when a player receives a serious injury that he is returned to his parent club. 
    But only because there's an exit clause in the agreement. Otherwise, if we were for example paying 20% of Leko's wages, WBA would be able to say "tough, he's your player" and force us to pay 20% of his wages for the rest of the season, even though he's injured. 
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Come on, spill the beans.
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Come on, spill the beans.
    I hear from a very trusted "sauce" that Pogba wants to come to the bright lights of London and that we're not put off by United demanding £150m for him
  • Options
    Given all these so-called "season long loans" are turning out not to be the case, it's hard not to think that someone is lying to us. Gallen made these deals and they were not the deals we were told. I know everyone thinks he walks on water, but as a fan I don't like being mislead. If it's not a season long loan, don't say it is. If there is a recall clause, tell us on day one. Period.