Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    If, as looks likely West Brom go up, then perhaps we'll see him back here next season.
  • Options
    His decision making (both speed and quality of) improved during his time with us. Wherever he plays next season I wish him well and I hope he kicks on once again.
  • Options
    I was quite critical of him for a while - probably easy to forget this was his first extended run in a team.  He really got his head down and looked the part in his last few games - particularly Hull which was his best game for us. Would def like him on a permanent deal when he is back fit again. Hope he has a speedy recovery. 
  • Options

Gutted for Leko, we will definitely miss him. We literally have no other player in our squad like him.

Wish him all the best and thanks for everything this season.

• Options
    Looked a good player in the first few games . Lost his confidence for a while  , but was getting back to his best when injury struck . Offers something different  , hope to see him back next season  .
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    This has to be the worst season we’ve ever had for injuries. Worst I can remember in 35 years. 
    Incredible that Bowyer and the squad have got us where we are in the table. 
    I've heard a rumour that we're going to have a new kit next season to help prevent some of the injuries we've had over the last couple of seasons:

Looks like he is going to fall off the plinth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Leko and he was so unlucky to get such an injury with no one near him. I hope he comes back stronger. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Valley11 said:
    This has to be the worst season we’ve ever had for injuries. Worst I can remember in 35 years. 
    I've heard a rumour that we're going to have a new kit next season to help prevent some of the injuries we've had over the last couple of seasons:

Would probably get a yellow from the ref for diving.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Thought that was the monstrosity of a mascot we have these days.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Not enough red in the top and the socks just aren’t very Charlton. Presumably the away version is yellow? 
  • Options
    Interesting that it seems West Brom had been considering recalling him

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/12/27/west-brom-youngster-jonathan-leko-ruled-out-for-season/

The injury means that the loan deal between the two clubs will come to a premature end, and comes as a major blow to Leko and Albion.

With Grady Diangana's future at the club still in question due to West Ham's situation in the Premier League, it was thought that Albion were also considering recalling the youngster should Diangana head back to London earlier than expected.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Valley11 said:

Out for 6 weeks.
  • Options
    ACL is 9 months which I think puts him out of contract. Welcome him home in July. Great player, don't get the end product stuff.
  • Options
    No way will WBA let his contract run out after the promise he's shown!
  • Options
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/june/leko-signs-new-and-improved-contract/

Won’t be out of contract, he signed a deal until 2021.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/june/leko-signs-new-and-improved-contract/

Won’t be out of contract, he signed a deal until 2021.
    Thanks Scoham. But will be in last year when he next kicks a ball, with WBA likely in Prem and signing proven forwards. I'd go in with a cheeky low August bid.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    This was posted on another thread by @ForeverAddickted but felt it needed to be posted here.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/04/23/west-brom-midfielder-sam-field-should-be-fit-when-football-returns/

If he can get fit, Bilic has confirmed he is still a Charlton player, I knew Field was(he had just gone back to West Brom for treatment) but I thought we had terminated Lekos loan.

It's highly doubtful he will be fit, be imagine if he was to return even for the final 4/5 games, what a boost he could be.

• Options
    Would make the final game against Leeds interesting, although significantly less so than if it wasn't behind closed doors.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I thought teams could only have a maximum of six loan players at any one time?

McGeady | Davis | Green | Smith | Cullen | Field

We dont usually go over five with Bowyer (as thats the max allowed in a matchday squad) yet brought in Smith because Field broke down again
  • Options
    If Leko hasn't even resumed light training yet then it'll probably be a couple of months before he's ready to play a match after the injury he had. Saw something the other day where he said he's just focusing on trying to get fit for the start of next season.

If we can stay up though i'd be happy to take him on loan again next season as i can't imagine West Brom needing him in the premier league.
    would take him back like a shot, very underrated player
  • Options
    Pretty sure we terminated Leko's loan, because I don't think we would have been allowed to register Andre Green if we hadn't. Was our embargo not a one in-one out loan type situation?
  • Options
    I thought teams could only have a maximum of six loan players at any one time?

McGeady | Davis | Green | Smith | Cullen | Field

We dont usually go over five with Bowyer (as thats the max allowed in a matchday squad) yet brought in Smith because Field broke down again
    There's no limit to how many you can have on loan, but as you say only 5 can be in the matchday squad.

If Field is fit to play then he'd be preferred to Smith any day.
    And it would be useful to be able to rotate Field, Smith and David anyway with the large number of games being played in a short period