Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Field of Dreams - Sam Field signs on loan from West Brom ++

Comments

• Options
    Great news. Really rate him 
  • Options
    Thankfully we don’t have to see a Davis/pratley midfield pairing ever again. 
  • Options
    Very welcome news. We will be stronger for it. What a brilliant attitude and glowing example of professionalism.
  • Options
    Sign him up if we stay up! Or if we go down and he's willing.
  • Options
    Very pleased with this. I liked Sam. Our fully fit midfield should give us a chance. Set em up for Lyle to finish. Oh wait.........
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I really like what I've seen of him, he's always struck me as a Curbs type of player.
  • Options
    This just emphasises how wrong Taylor & Solly are. I just want to erase the pair of them from our history! Whatever happens to us this season, the players that pull on the shirt for the remaining 9 games, I will always hold in high regard. Especially the loan players.
  • Options
    Field is 22 years old at the beginning of his career , the exuberance of youth !
  • Options
    Brilliant news for two reason. One Sam Field is an excellent player at this level. Two means we can rotate Pratley out of matches with his crazy schedule coming up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good player though one we actually saw very little of, as he was mainly a squad player before that injury at Ashton Gate

We seem catered for in defensive midfield, but could really do with Leko back...
  • Options
    Good news that.  A good player and him, Williams, Cullen, Pratley etc give us half a chance.
  • Options
    Excellent news and a real boost to the team and squad. What a fantastic attitude he has.

Allows us to have a team/squad of:

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Field
    Cullen Forster-Caskey
    Williams
    Green Bonne

Amos, Pearce, Oshilaja, Page, Pratley, McGeady, Oztumer, Aneke, Hemed

That’s without Smith, and of course the youngsters of Morgan, Doughty, Lapslie, Davison.

What a shame about Taylor, Solly, and Davis. We really would have an excellent chance of staying up if Taylor just put the club and his contract first. Now, I would say we have a good chance, because Field is right, it’s in our hands. 
  • Options
    Delighted with this
    Welcome back Sam

Dillion-Doughty-Sarr-Lock-Matthews
    Cullum-Field-Williams
    Green-Bonn-Mcgredy

Not a bad team that 
  • Options
    A fit Field could rally make a difference. Good awareness, decent touch on the ball and tidy passer.

And attitude spot on.

• Options
    Came on for Albion against Chelsea today .
  • Options
    Little surprised because didn’t set the world alight in championship. Shows West Broms lack of quality?
  • Options
    Little surprised because didn’t set the world alight in championship. Shows West Broms lack of quality?
    I felt he had something about him but he was Charltonised early with numerous injuries so never really got a proper run in the side.

Pleased for him that he can now say he's played at the highest level. He always gave us 100% when he did play.
  • Options
    When he was fit LB seemed to alternate him and Pratley so probably held back getting used to the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said last season that although I though Cullen was "better" at present I would bet good money Field has a better career. I still think I am right. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I said last season that although I though Cullen was "better" at present I would bet good money Field has a better career. I still think I am right. 
    Field isn't stuck at West Ham which surely must be a benefit.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well it would if they both played for the same club for the next 10 years. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well it would if they both played for the same club for the next 10 years. 
    They both played for the same club last season. :smiley:

• Options
    Injured in training. Truly Charltonised
  • Options

QPR midfielder Sam Field has been ruled out for up to four months after being told he will need knee surgery.

Field, 23, was hurt in training and scans show he has torn the medial collateral ligament in his left knee.

Field moved to Rangers on a permanent basis from West Bromwich Albion for an undisclosed fee in May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57946943

• Options
    There's something not right there.

Wonder if it's the same knee.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    There's something not right there.

Wonder if it's the same knee.
    Same knee