Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Field of Dreams - Sam Field signs on loan from West Brom ++

Comments

• Options
    HB4 said:
    Hi all
    Well I thought I'd sneak in and give you my opinion as a Baggies STH on the two players you've loaned from us.
    Leko - not great:( too inconsistent, can often run down blind allies and final ball can be poor. He does however has some potential and could make an impact coming off the bench.

Field - gutted he's gone to be honest but he needs game time and clearly isn't in Bilic's plan.
    Lacks pace and steel but good on the ball and arguably one of the best passers on the team, I think he will do well for you.

Good luck this season.
    Thanks HB4!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So when Sam " Field of dreams" is picked, what part of the diamond will he play ?
  • Options
    Short stop as the septics call the No.10
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Nice tidbit on Lee's reputation and why we got Field and Stoke failed.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/unsuccessful-stoke-transfer-approach-revealed/

• Options
    Nice tidbit on Lee's reputation and why we got Field and Stoke failed.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/unsuccessful-stoke-transfer-approach-revealed/

Which also partly explains why we are going to lose him in January - they did not want a promotion rival to have him!
  • Options
    Or West Brom might see it as a benefit as if we beat their rivals with Field and Leko it'll aid their own campaign

Call them back and we might struggle without them

I imagine they're not allowed to play against their parent club?
  • Options
    He also said that they are performing about 70% and there is improvement. Got knows what we will be like at 100% then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or West Brom might see it as a benefit as if we beat their rivals with Field and Leko it'll aid their own campaign

Yeah they won’t be available for the West Brom matches, but Pratley is more than capable of covering Field and we have options in attack to replace Leko - feels good to say both those things as going into the season we were bare bones! 

I think if Charlton are still flying high and Field & Leko are playing well there is a good chance West Brom will recall at least one of them in January.
  • Options

It's potentially an unusual one, as when teams lend talented youngsters to another team in that division, the assumption is that the other team will be lower down the table, and not a direct competitor i.e. Arsenal might loan a player to Norwich but not to say Leicester

By the time January comes, we could be 15 points behind WBA and then there won't be a conflict of interest anyway
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    If any Championship team has played better than we did in the first half against Forest this season, I'd be amazed. I have to be honest and say my jaw was on the floor! You don't play with that stunning quality if you can't. Consequently, it has to be a natural conclusion that we can, so the idea that we will improve further is not ridiculous at all.
  • Options
    Thats really good news - if he stays fit and gets up to match fitness quickly he will be a real benefit in the 2nd half of the season. One we should be looking at signing if WBA were ever to sell him in the near future.
  • Options
    Also means there less of a concern now if Pratley were to pick up his tenth booking in the next month
  • Options
    Been a big miss. Sign him up
  • Options
    Good news indeed. It feels like Jake and Elwood are getting the band back together.
  • Options
    Great news. It looked like a harmless bump when he got hurt, but obviously was more serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also means there less of a concern now if Pratley were to pick up his tenth booking in the next month

Definitely, but it's harder to replace Pratley's experience and leadership.
  • Options
    Excellent news.
  • Options
    The only glimmer of hope from this January is how many players have come back from injury
  • Options
    Ross said:

Definitely, but it's harder to replace Pratley's experience and leadership.
    Pratters is our on-field coach and has been an ideal person to marshal our kindergarten midfield this season.
  • Options
    Great news, another player that has been sorely missed.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If?!

Surely it's just a matter of when.

The only way Pratters won't get booked in February is if he doesn't play again until March.
    £10 to the upbeats if it's not Saturday. £10 to the upbeats if it is. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Great news, another player that has been sorely missed.
    More sore for him than us, I am certain.
  • Options
    Field has been a massive miss was just getting going before injury big lose 
  • Options
    If?!

The only way Pratters won't get booked in February is if he doesn't play again until March.
    Agreed, though against Fulham he never looked like getting booked which is the first time in a long while I've thought that. No surprise it coincided with Cullen's return. 
  • Options
    If?!

Only has to last eight games (Middlesbrough game is the cut off point) to avoid the two game ban

Also bet he'll be rested at the very least twice this month what with two sets of fixtures on a Saturday and midweek what with Field back