Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    I was gutted for Josh (and us) when I saw him being stretched off, he’ll be a big miss, we seem to have won the Euromillions when it comes to picking up injuries!
  • Options
    Have we run out of leg braces?
    Duchatalet won’t like shelling out for so many!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    JC's injury was clearly serious, especially to him, at the time, there on the pitch on Saturday.  Hence they carried him off.  Not hobbled off supported by the physio, carried on a stretcher.  We know roly is a lunatic, care-nothing, pennypinching shitehawk but what possible justification is there for not scanning the injured area until 48 hours have passed?  Just cos he didn't have bones sticking out doesn't mean he hasn't got all sorts of tissue damage, none of which is going to benefit from the delay.
    Fingers and toes crossed JC's recovery is a matter of weeks.
    I'm no medical expert but i believe the delay allows swelling to go down and so the scan gets a clearer picture.

I may be wrong but there will be a reason for it.
    We have a winner! Inflammation needs to settle and go down. It’s also worse to scan an injury and give the wrong kind of treatment due to the inflammation not settling down. He was going to be out anyway, it’s best to make sure he gets the rest and right diagnosis rather than jumping the gun. With it being ankle ligaments, it most likely would’ve swollen up quite big, can’t do anything until that settles.
    I won something!!!
  • Options
    Out at least till Christmas. 
  • Options
    Out at least till Christmas. 
    Which one ?
  • Options
    Is it not a bit deceptive saying he'll be out until after Christmas when further down the article Bows says he'll be out longer than Lyle, so 2 months/end of Jan. 

Only silver lining is no-one will pinch him from us now (deja vu to last year when Josh did his shoulder and was out until end of Jan)
  • Options
    Is it not a bit deceptive saying he'll be out until after Christmas when further down the article Bows says he'll be out longer than Lyle, so 2 months/end of Jan. 

Only silver lining is no-one will pinch him from us now (deja vu to last year when Josh did his shoulder and was out until end of Jan)
    True. If it's worse than Lyle then we are talking February before he returns. I wonder how this will affect his West Ham contract situation, will they give him another year's extension to stop him leaving at the end of the season?
  • Options

True. If it's worse than Lyle then we are talking February before he returns. I wonder how this will affect his West Ham contract situation, will they give him another year's extension to stop him leaving at the end of the season?
    Lyle will have been out for about 3 months, when he returns.
    So if that's what Bowyer meant, Cullen won't be back until late Feb/early March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    gutted, but not surprised, could have be the last time we see josh in a Charlton shirt, if we terminate the loan?

All the best with your recovery Josh, and thanks for always putting in a shift in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    FFS. Have we upset the footballing Gods somewhere? Always long term injuries to key players😡
  • Options
    Damaged ankle ligaments probably not helped by Oztumer pushing Cullen's foot back as if he had cramp! 

That's a huge blow....especially with Field out long term too. 
  • Options
    Our luck with injuries is utterly ridiculous this season.... I know people say it’s not just us but literally our entire first choice midfield is going down work long term injuries. You couldn’t cover for that - imagine Liverpool losing Salah, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, Wjinaldum, Oxlade Chamberlain, for 3 months.... 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Damaged ankle ligaments probably not helped by Oztumer pushing Cullen's foot back as if he had cramp! 

That's a huge blow....especially with Field out long term too. 
    Highly unlikely to have had any effect. The damage was already done. 
  • Options
    Our luck with injuries is utterly ridiculous this season.... I know people say it’s not just us but literally our entire first choice midfield is going down work long term injuries. You couldn’t cover for that - imagine Liverpool losing Salah, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, Wjinaldum, Oxlade Chamberlain, for 3 months.... 
    Then they’d have Milner Keita and Lallana in midfield with Origi Firmino and Shaqiri up top. Anyway, Liverpool comparison out the way, we find it way harder to deal with injuries compared to majority of other teams because we don’t have the financial stability to have good squad depth
  • Options
    Don't worry folks. 
    Uncle Roland will give Bowyer 10 million to spend in January 
  • Options
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LUCK 

We've bought cheap players and are pushing them beyond their capabilities due to lack of strength in depth.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LUCK 

We've bought cheap players and are pushing them beyond their capabilities due to lack of strength in depth.  
    Certainly the fact that any fit, first choice midfielder simply has to play every game possible because of the monumental injury list, makes me believe that we've pushed some of them beyond their limit. Cullen falls squarely in to this category.
    Gallagher is another young player who could do with chance to rest and recover, but is only going to get it now due to his suspension.
  • Options
    Then they’d have Milner Keita and Lallana in midfield with Origi Firmino and Shaqiri up top. Anyway, Liverpool comparison out the way, we find it way harder to deal with injuries compared to majority of other teams because we don’t have the financial stability to have good squad depth
    We've got plenty of depth in midfield. 

Williams, Oztumer, Aneke, Gallagher, Cullen, Field, Pratley, Kayal, JFC, plus the likes of Lapslie and Morgan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I blame the absence of the cold water bucket and the magic sponge. 
  • Options
    They should be able to play every game, but to maintain the intensity Lee demands they're breaking down. Would love to see our players distance covered per game vs others.
  • Options

Williams, Oztumer, Aneke, Gallagher, Cullen, Field, Pratley, Kayal, JFC, plus the likes of Lapslie and Morgan. 
    That’s my point. On paper we have loads of depth but how can you cover for losing Williams, Aneke, Cullen, Field, JFC and evening Gallagher this weekend.

Lapslie and Morgan were never meant to start this year 
  • Options

Yes, and possibly 3 of the 11 named are available for Saturday.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    They should be able to play every game, but to maintain the intensity Lee demands they're breaking down. Would love to see our players distance covered per game vs others.
    Can’t remember the exact figures at all, but it’s very high for this level of football. Gallagher and Cullen regularly hitting very high numbers. 
  • Options
    Going on what David Gold said in August, West Ham have until tomorrow if they want to recall Cullen.

https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/1159147746881937410?s=21
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Going on what David Gold said in August, West Ham have until tomorrow if they want to recall Cullen.

https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/1159147746881937410?s=21
    Ssshhh ffs! I dread to think what the fallout would be on here if Gallagher and or Cullen got recalled.

• Options
    I don’t think he would have been at the game on Saturday if he was being recalled.
  • Options
    Arkers said:
    I don’t think he would have been at the game on Saturday if he was being recalled.
    Could say the same for Gallagher.....
  • Options
    I heard West Ham were gonna recall him in January but his injury put an end to it 
    Source : west ham taxi driver