Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pink Floyd

1235»

Comments

• Saw the Animals tour in late 70s at Empire Pool Wembley, absolutely brilliant. Animals album plus some, maybe all, of Wish You Were Here.

Got tickets for the Aussies in Margate in November, hope it goes ahead but not holding my breath.
  • Saw them do Dark Side at The Cow Palace in San Fransisco.......awesome, what a trip.🤩😎👌🏽
  • I found them in the early 90’s when I saw a late night showing of Live In Pompeii. Mesmerised by the sounds and visuals. Just watching The Making of Dark Side Of The Moon on Prime.
  • Just been sitting here in lockdown boredom listening to "Time" and here's exactly why Dark Side was so successful.

"Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
    Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
    The time is gone, the song is over,
    Thought I'd something more to say."

People love their family, their friends, their football club. But in the end, the words resonate with everyone as they watch their meaningless lives slowly slip away. Then there's a beautiful Gilmour solo which oozes with regret and frustration like a paddling pool slowly leaking in the garden.

As you listen you somehow share deep feelings and anxieties which must never normally be mentioned!

Can't think of a song that more perfectly sums up the anxiety of a mid life crisis!
  • Red Box have made a cover of Wish You Were Here while in lockdown. It's fairly true to the original, but not at all bad.  
  • It’s a bit Eurovision for me but a noble effort nonetheless.