Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Again it’s a second ahead and out of sinc . So annoying 
  • Options
    Again it’s a second ahead and out of sinc . So annoying 
    If you close and reopen it should sort it out. Or refresh 
  • Options
    My other half has been wrestling with trying to cast iFollow to the telly so she can watch Huddersfield get beaten by Wayne Rooney’s Derby County. She’s given up and resorted to her phone.

Mr Sandgaard has done us a huge favour by splashing out on improving Valley Pass - at least it actually works.
  • Options
    Love this new valley pass. Shame about the team though 
  • Options
    So much knowledge, insight and experience from Curbs, Mortimer, Brown et al.

Get some of them in as advisers or something to help steer the ship.

Brown's tactical and defensive nous the other day was great.
  • Options
    Does anyone watch / listen to Valley Pass on their mobile?

Mine cuts out on live steaming or just audio. No problem when on WiFi. No problem with the actual mobile phone signal / connection either. 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I’ve watched whole games on iPad with SIM card and had no problems,  obviously not for a while cos of lockdown , that’s using an o2 SIM card 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Is it sacrilege to say Steve Brown is probably slightly over doing it? Talks over the action occasionally, and it sometimes it feels like he’s analysing almost everything that happens. If he dialled it down about ten percent it’d be perfect. 👍
    I prefer to hear him talking because the stream isn’t live and I will already know if somebody has scored or been booked but the balance is probably just about right 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Is it sacrilege to say Steve Brown is probably slightly over doing it? Talks over the action occasionally, and it sometimes it feels like he’s analysing almost everything that happens. If he dialled it down about ten percent it’d be perfect. 👍
    Now bare in mind I only listen to the commentary, I feel myself nodding in agreement with everything he says.
    I personally love it and it really compliments the experience for me.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Now bare in mind I only listen to the commentary, I feel myself nodding in agreement with everything he says.
    I personally love it and it really compliments the experience for me.
    Perhaps just applies if watching the stream. 
    I’m not saying I disagree with anything he says btw. He’s spot on with his comments. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I know what you mean, sometimes feel he interrupts Terry or Greg. Don't get me wrong, love his insight. I wonder because he is so passionate that he forgets to hold back and wait for the right moment to talk. 
  • Options
    I’m not used to people agreeing with me.
    :-)
  • Options
    if I had one whine about the commentary, is it feels like Radio commentary, you don't need to talk all the time, Martin Tyler is the king of it, will be quiet for 20/30 seconds as the ball circulates around midfield, while someone on Radio doesn't have that option. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    if I had one whine about the commentary, is it feels like Radio commentary, you don't need to talk all the time, Martin Tyler is the king of it, will be quiet for 20/30 seconds as the ball circulates around midfield, while someone on Radio doesn't have that option. 
    He hasn’t been of late.
    He’s been waffling far too much during those times and it’s starting to do my noggin in.

As for the Valley Pass commentary, I need the extra stuff as I don’t watch the stream.

Its not all about you you know 😘
  • Options
    Morning All, the international Addicks who use Valley Pass could use your help.

As you know, when a game is on Sky (like the Donny one) the EFL block iFollow streams to a host of countries where the local rights-holder is also showing the game. Understandable, and there is always the option to access the game via the local offer.

Except, it turns out that this is not the case. Believe it or not, for some unaccountable reason the rights holders don't seem to believe that many Czechs or Slovaks want to spend Good Friday watching Donny vs Charlton. And having discussed it in the group, it turns out that most of the other members believe the same thing applies. We are now trying to quickly assess the scale of the problem. I've already written to the relevant EFL bod who has negotiated the rights, (text of letter in next post) in the hope that he might act quickly (ho, ho) but if not, it will be a long term effort with fans of other clubs. I'd expect Thomas will approve, as he has long term ambitions for Global Charlton :-) 

This link takes you to the EFL page which lists all the rights holders. It would be great if anyone wants to check whether a country listed here is actually showing the Donny game (or any other L1/L2 game - we know a lot will show Championship games), and either DM me or post here your findings. It looks like the problem is bigger than I thought - while I suspected it would only be smaller countries which don't use the option, we already have reports from France and Germany that its not being offered there. 

We thank you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think the main issue is giving a radio commentary on a TV production. Because the production is so good it doesn't need the radio commentary. 

• Options
    I think the main issue is giving a radio commentary on a TV production. Because the production is so good it doesn't need the radio commentary. All the guests have been good. I thought Laurie Wilson came over especially well. I can remember voting for him in player of the year! 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    You mean you don’t like hearing that if the the grass over in the north west corner had grown an extra 2mm, the ball would have slowed down 0.00000001 seconds slower and the defender would have got back in time
    to prevent a possible cross?
  • Options
    I think the main issue is giving a radio commentary on a TV production. Because the production is so good it doesn't need the radio commentary. All the guests have been good. I thought Laurie Wilson came over especially well. I can remember voting for him in player of the year! 
    It does need the radio commentary for those who are only listening and not watching, like me.
  • Options

As you know, when a game is on Sky (like the Donny one) the EFL block iFollow streams to a host of countries where the local rights-holder is also showing the game. Understandable, and there is always the option to access the game via the local offer.

Except, it turns out that this is not the case. Believe it or not, for some unaccountable reason the rights holders don't seem to believe that many Czechs or Slovaks want to spend Good Friday watching Donny vs Charlton. And having discussed it in the group, it turns out that most of the other members believe the same thing applies. We are now trying to quickly assess the scale of the problem. I've already written to the relevant EFL bod who has negotiated the rights, (text of letter in next post) in the hope that he might act quickly (ho, ho) but if not, it will be a long term effort with fans of other clubs. I'd expect Thomas will approve, as he has long term ambitions for Global Charlton :-) 

This link takes you to the EFL page which lists all the rights holders. It would be great if anyone wants to check whether a country listed here is actually showing the Donny game (or any other L1/L2 game - we know a lot will show Championship games), and either DM me or post here your findings. It looks like the problem is bigger than I thought - while I suspected it would only be smaller countries which don't use the option, we already have reports from France and Germany that its not being offered there. 

We thank you!
    They are showing Donny v Charlton on April 2nd on ESPN+ here in the USA.  
  • Options
    Interesting, can’t say i noticed that the commentary is for radio aswell but i rarely watch televised games these days  unless its charlton.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    He hasn’t been of late.
    He’s been waffling far too much during those times and it’s starting to do my noggin in.

As for the Valley Pass commentary, I need the extra stuff as I don’t watch the stream.

Its not all about you you know 😘
    What! Outrageous! 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

We thank you!
    Good email, though unlikely to cause action given the levels of incompetence at the EFL which we all know about!

They are showing Donny vs Charlton on Watch ESPN in Brazil (the equivalent of Sky Go). Not on TV, but at least streamable. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

We thank you!
    Good email, though unlikely to cause action given the levels of incompetence at the EFL which we all know about!

They are showing Donny vs Charlton on Watch ESPN in Brazil (the equivalent of Sky Go). Not on TV, but at least streamable. 
    Possibly not in time for Donny, I agree. But they are on dodgy ground legally once the issue has been pointed out to them, and if we get no joy then via CAST and the FSA we can widen it out, and probably get media interest at least from somewhere like The Price of Football.

Very useful to get these positive IDs of where it is being shown, as well as where not, it will show we’ve done a thorough assessment. So far we have no positive IDs anywhere in Europe, someone from Sweden drew a blank which does surprise me.