Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    With the really good and much improved Pass since Thomas's takeover, and the now regular appearance of players from the past, i was just thinking what a coup and a great show it would be if we could get SuperClive on with Curbs for the Sunderland game in April, would guarantee a good takeup, and be good to catch up.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    According to the media, CAFC viewing figures are top of league 1 and better than 18 clubs in the Championship 
    Do you have a link to that report ? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dansk_Red said:
    According to the media, CAFC viewing figures are top of league 1 and better than 18 clubs in the Championship 
    Do you have a link to that report ? 
    Charlton Athletic fan streaming numbers would rank top six in the Championship - The 72

Sorry @Dansk_Red, not treading on anyone's toes here
  • Options
    If we’d have been able to have gone to the match today, what would it have been 4 - 500 hardy addicks?
  • Options
    The problem with any official production is the questions that need to be asked are not. For instance today, Why did we not press them high up the pitch like they did us in the first half, given the conditions?

• Options
    It replicates a normal visit to The Valley, great pre and post match. Just a shame you have to endure the shit on the pitch for 90 mins
    Reminds me, was at Fleetwood for  our 0 1 defeat 2 years ago, exactly the same applies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone please provide a link (if there is one) to access the pre match conversations on Valley Pass?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    HandG said:
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone please provide a link (if there is one) to access the pre match conversations on Valley Pass?
    You can normally access it via CAFC's official Twatter feed.

EDIT: That's to watch it live - I'm not sure about watching after the event ... it may still work or they might have a new post with the video.
  • Options
    HandG said:
    You can normally access it via CAFC's official Twatter feed.

EDIT: That's to watch it live - I'm not sure about watching after the event ... it may still work or they might have a new post with the video.
    Thanks, it still works.
  • Options
    The problem with any official production is the questions that need to be asked are not. For instance today, Why did we not press them high up the pitch like they did us in the first half, given the conditions?

Why is it a problem? Do we need Scott Minto to ask  the hard hitting questions when Louis/other journos will be all over it in the post match press conference anyway?
  • Options
    Is it time for Greg and Tel to go?

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for them, give them a fans TV seg, talking heads when the crowds can return. They are low rent, I would actually like a non bias pro. If Sangaard wants that global reach we are going to need an upgrade.
  • Options
    Yes, when I said it was a problem, I didn't mean I expected it to be done. Yes, I would like to hear certain questions asked, but the club can't do that in its own production. As I have said before, I think it is a great service. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    I don’t think that a channel funded by the club is going to expect the presenters to give the staff a hard time in post match interviews...
    You're right get in Sandgaard to ask some questions!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    PopIcon said:

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for them, give them a fans TV seg, talking heads when the crowds can return. They are low rent, I would actually like a non bias pro. If Sangaard wants that global reach we are going to need an upgrade.
    You'll get all the defenders of them lined up now, but the truth is Terry Smith is annoying. I genuinely would mute his commentary, but he continually infects Greg's commentary as well. Annoying.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Not for me.
    I think the main issue is giving a radio commentary on a TV production. I think VP is past its sell by date, although I still subscribe. Even linking on is a faff. One would expect at least a dedicated button to click on rather than a bit of text.
    I guess the time for a review at the end of the season and we know if the Club will be able to broadcast games live when crowds are allowed back in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, I'm not sure the manager - whoever it is - should come onto VPL at the end of the game to talk about the match, particularly as in recent games Bowyer has been on within minutes of it finishing. Feelings can still be running high and things said that in the cold light of day maybe should not have been said.

Interesting that when Bowyer is doing his end of match interviews, he seems to have turned recently from a crazed, hyped up  individual firing blame out in all directions into someone who is now so calm that you would almost think he had taken something to calm himself down. Love to know whether someone told him to cool it a bit.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion-there is just no pleasing some people!I was happy with the commentary before the revamp.So what if they are slightly biased we are not listening to bloody sky.This is a Charlton broadcast which IMO is an excellent production including the commentary and all for a tenner.So what else can we moan about next.
    The bias is fine with me ... very happy for them to remain involved. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I like the commentary. It has its faults but it's miles beyond other in-house ones. 
    very good point
  • Options
    not today as a tenner for watching dire football is a bit much. Cue the 5-0 thrashing of Burton.