Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calls out Duchatelet's latest lies and plans new protest moves

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    clb74 said:
    Bump
    You still boycotting?
    Is it a boycott decided in January wouldnt be getting a season ticket and will do 20+ aways.
    Mates offered me his ticket for brum game so will be going to that game.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    clb74 said:
    Bump
    Results should have nothing to do with your view of the ownership. 
    Either the protests are being done in secret or are not going ahead because of our start to the season.
    Would we be looking at a protest soon if we had 1 point out of 15?

• Options
    Everything that has been built has been constructed on sand. It can easily sink, that's why he needs to go. What happens in the summer when we're in a position with Bowyer not signing, and having to rely on 5 loanees coming in again, only signing league one frees and losing out best players again 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    se9addick said:
    clb74 said:
    Bump
    Either the protests are being done in secret or are not going ahead because of our start to the season.

Has made no difference. The statement was put out before the season to make clear it was not in response to results.

And as RD’s response proved, the statement was itself a good way of aggravating him.
    All the while results are going well i doubt CARD will be very active.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

When it comes to protests, the 7 Ps apply - Proper Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss-Poor Performance.

I am confident that, just because nothing is visible at the moment, does not mean an absence of action behind the scenes.

Even if an individual or group had got everything ready for a mass protest, you are right @clb74 that now would not be the right time to launch it, because there are too many fickle fans who would not support action while the points are being won.  Fortunately, not everyone is myopic, which is why the more far-sighted will already have their thinking caps on.
  • Options
    While this summer has been Roland's best window of opportunity to sell the club, what if we're in touch with the top six come January?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    clb74 said:
    Bump
    This. And the less protests there are when we’re winning, the more it perpetuate Danny Murphy and others’ ridiculous idea that results is all that matters.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    clb74 said:

When it comes to protests, the 7 Ps apply - Proper Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss-Poor Performance.

I am confident that, just because nothing is visible at the moment, does not mean an absence of action behind the scenes.

Even if an individual or group had got everything ready for a mass protest, you are right @clb74 that now would not be the right time to launch it, because there are too many fickle fans who would not support action while the points are being won.  Fortunately, not everyone is myopic, which is why the more far-sighted will already have their thinking caps on.
    Me, you and CARD know and have known with our fanbase its about results and always has been.
    It doesnt matter who has their thinking caps on if the results keep going our way there will be no protests.
    Roland is licking his lips and has the upper hand as has done for at least a couple of seasons hence hardly no protests.
    We are in the hands of Roland and he can do as he wishes.
    If Lyle continues to score and an offer comes in of £8 million in January Roland will decide if he wants to sell.
    Continue to win and Bowyers position will not be in Rolands hands and a double your money offer from another club would Bowyer stay.
    Now promotion to the premier league Rolands really hit the jackpot and if im not wrong could walk away with all the money.

• Options
    Roland out!
  • Options
    Results do matter. But things can still go wrong. We could lose Taylor in January and Bowyer's contract is too short. Roland needs to act on these important things before January.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If we keep Bowyer and back him, who knows what we can achieve. What worries me is that whilst we kept Bowyer this summer, the owner went too close to losing him. I am concerned by his assumption that signing our biggest asset on a shorter contract makes us more sellable. But it isn't rocket science, even for a mad man so things can still develop. Although the volatility of Duchatelet is frightening. 
  • Options
    Ironically have we started so/too well that he's gonna hang on to see how well we do?
  • Options
    Ironically have we started so/too well that he's gonna hang on to see how well we do?
    Unless he gets a stellar offer in the meantime that’s exactly what he intends to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Every fan's dream is to have a rich owner who is happy to pump money into the team to keep it competitive in whichever division they are in. Unfortunately that's not this guy. He doesn't answer to a board, he doesn't have a club with any effective infrastructure, and apart from Bowyer there's no-one with any football knowledge or clout who is able to stop him acting on a whim. None of us know what crazy plan he may decide to try next but his failure to sell the club to several credible bidders seems to indicate that it's not just the business side that will determine when he goes. 

We're all enjoying what Bowyer has managed to do with the team at the moment, but the state of the club remains a real cause for concern. After the austerity drive to get costs down to the minimum possible, it's possible the owner may feel the pressure is off, but he needs to remember the force of feeling against him when it was looking likely that our star striker would be sold to last Saturday's opponents. It will only take a few bad injuries/suspensions and poor results for that feeling to come to the fore again. 

So, while I'm as pleased as the next Addick to see the team perform so well in the first few games, we have to be pragmatic and realise the club is still running on empty and needs at the very least a CEO with knowledge of top English football to take us forward. If the owner wants to start slowly building the club up then he has my guarded support. However he needs to know that doing nothing is absolutely not an option.

We, as fans, will always be more organised than him. We will continue to come up with imaginative protests to embarrass him in his own back yard and we will continue to damage his reputation and legacy in peaceful and humorous ways. The ball is very firmly in your court Mr Owner - you need to start to invest in the club again, finally sell up, or face the fact that protests will return when your austerity measures inevitably impact on the team's ability to compete.