Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting Thread 19/20

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Derby 33/1 for a top 6 finish... they’re only 8 points away... Rooney era just begun and they will recruit further. I’ve had £50 on it 
    No cash out on this unfortunately... but looking good. 
    You seen there next 5 games all teams in the top 6

Forest H
    West Brom A
    Brentford H
    Cardiff A
    Leeds H

1pt off looks a lot better than 8. Tough run but I think they can win 3 of those games the way they’re playing at the moment. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    had a nice £380 return from £3 sunday, yesterday had a fourfold underdog one for like £2 returned £300, West Ham, Derby(they were not faves) Villereal (again betting wise) Leicester
    I actually didn't expect West ham but the odds were too big for one game 5/1, also due to them near the relegation they were always going to make it difficult. 

2 mates both lost out on £1k yesterday, one wanted Leicester draw for a long shot... the other backed about 4-5 trebles which all had chelsea in, i did say he should have layed it off but he didnt. Sickening. 

Very tough to call at the mo, but i have done ok, not really backing who i think would win always but sometimes its just based on whether the odds look wrong (eg. longshots west ham, i didn't think would win but surely it should have been like 3/1 max) 

PS- i obviously know how it works and Chelsea did look bankers, just seemed a huge price to me. I normally do one with underdogs 4/5, then do a normal one. 
  • Options
    had a nice £380 return from £3 sunday, yesterday had a fourfold underdog one for like £2 returned £300, West Ham, Derby(they were not faves) Villereal (again betting wise) Leicester
    I actually didn't expect West ham but the odds were too big for one game 5/1, also due to them near the relegation they were always going to make it difficult. 

2 mates both lost out on £1k yesterday, one wanted Leicester draw for a long shot... the other backed about 4-5 trebles which all had chelsea in, i did say he should have layed it off but he didnt. Sickening. 

Very tough to call at the mo, but i have done ok, not really backing who i think would win always but sometimes its just based on whether the odds look wrong (eg. longshots west ham, i didn't think would win but surely it should have been like 3/1 max) 

PS- i obviously know how it works and Chelsea did look bankers, just seemed a huge price to me. I normally do one with underdogs 4/5, then do a normal one. 
    Nice win mate, fair play for calling West Ham to beat Chelsea. I didn't see that coming.
  • Options

Nice win mate, fair play for calling West Ham to beat Chelsea. I didn't see that coming.
    Me neither , again i didn't think they would just the odds sometimes will go with based on that alone. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Betting can be toxic, actually regretting this thread being bumped (not for me but for others that might get the urge just from reading any of these posts) PLEASE DONT. 

Let me just paint a picture why i have the sudden regret, also i am not a fan of the marketing ploy by bookies, always on the TV. Whether they are telling us to bet responsible/what you can afford it still enables any gamblers, its not right and there should be no advertisement allowed. I doubt it will ever be completely removed but to say they can do more would be an understatement.

Right onto it, basically  my mate i posted above who had about £200 to win £1k yesterday, Chelsea lost (unlucky betting wise), however he has now said he fancies Liverpool/ Spurs today for a double, he will put whats left from his winnings on the weekend on it. Ok so £300 is not alot of money to some, it is to others, regardless of the bet this is way too much for him (i know him) he is not flush and he is just basing on being money won, which i get as i do similar... however mine i leave like £50 roughly normally and do silly bets i wouldn't normally.

This mate has always sent the odd bet to me, and its not usually this big he will bet. Looking at the bigger picture in my eyes he is chasing yesterdays ' heres what you could have won'. One of my other mates who has had serious problems all his life used to do this but to more extreme, he used to put alot of money he couldn't afford on games/accumulators,  although his goal was to hit big and he would get the odd one but then give back and then some with lots of debt. Would go 6 months without, then run up huge debts again . 

I am worried, i have tried to discouraged the first one who is looking to bet £300 on tonights results, even if he reduces to say £50 and kept the rest. This is not fun when you see mates who cant really deal or control their gambling (its rich as i gamble poker/ betting often, but limited and again within what i can afford) its not always easy, not everyone can deal with it mentally. Not saying i have it sussed either fwiw but massive reality check today. 

• Options
    Won't be backing it myself, but Brentford to win to nil at evens must be the closest the bookies get to handing out free money.
  • Options
    Got 30 quid on 1-0 charlton between 26s and 17.50
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Some big prices the weekend,  like Derby at home to Brentford (i know Brentford are the form team) Derby have also been on good form 14/5 seems big to me. Charlton 17/10 , Hull at home to millwall 12/5 (i know mixed form but all the teams at the bottom have been getting that result.
    I've added Barnsley at 11/8, which im not too confident but well see.
    £3- £248.55

Premiership looks tough to call this weekend, my freebet tonight is a a bit of a longshot, but heres hoping:
    City, Draw Sheff U/Wolves, Burnley, Bristol + Sheff Wednesday.
    Unlikely but returns £476 , hoping its a night of mixed results
  • Options
    I was one of 1073 people that had picked the first 3 scorers in Betways 4ToScore.

Ings, Kane & Richarlison

I imagine the vast majority were on Jimenez tonight but just 1 person picked Podence so they get the 100k prize to themselves.

incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, last day of season , like last race at the dogs or horses. Or in the words of John Humpreys of Catford/ Crayford fame, Last race whether you walk or ride.

So gone for it tonight. Been in pub since lunchtime mulling it over, and the cash is on.

Brentord, Cardiff, Luton.  £40 treble
    Forest, Swansea Wigan £20 Treble

The teams above 15 x £10 fourfolds and 6x£10 fives and £10 all six

Birmingham
    Bristol City
    Leeds
    Millwall
    Sheff Weds

5x £10 fourfolds and 1 time £10 five fold

on

Both teams to score 
    Over 2.5 in the game.

So £400 spent............ 
  • Options
    With thanks to Bob Munroe as largely funded by the generosity of Bet365 voiding quite a few teams in my Leeds to be Champions and WBA promotion bets. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hope them Lloyds shares have gone up mate !!!

Hope there are no draws for you - good luck
  • Options
    Well, last day of season , like last race at the dogs or horses. Or in the words of John Humpreys of Catford/ Crayford fame, Last race whether you walk or ride.

So gone for it tonight. Been in pub since lunchtime mulling it over, and the cash is on.

Birmingham
    Bristol City
    Leeds
    Millwall
    Sheff Weds

on

Both teams to score 
    Over 2.5 in the game.

Wow thats literally go hard or go home, i assume over 2.5 was in? all the others dont look good from first glance. 
  • Options

Birmingham
    Bristol City
    Leeds
    Millwall
    Sheff Weds

on

Both teams to score 
    Over 2.5 in the game.

Wow thats literally go hard or go home, i assume over 2.5 was in? all the others dont look good from first glance. 
    Bristol City was under 2.5.
  • Options

Birmingham
    Bristol City
    Leeds
    Millwall
    Sheff Weds

on

Both teams to score 
    Over 2.5 in the game.

Bristol City was under 2.5.
    Yeah i didn't really read correct, i thought he had a seperate one. Cheers so was assuming as most games there were alot of goals. Cheers VG
  • Options
    Pre season top goal scorer double
    Mitrovic and Vardy

Ollie Watkins, Danny Ings and Aubameyang have made me sweat the past few weeks.

thank god it’s all over.
  • Options
    Not a bad day I suppose 
  • Options
    Cracking win mate @CAFCsayer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here we go...

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Could not find the 2020/1 thread, but as we enter the final day of the season. Anyone get any big ante post winners this year?

Managed to break even with Adam Armstrong e/w at 28/1 for top goal scorer in championship & Sheffield United being relegated. Charlton finishing top 6 would be a bonus.

Most upsetting one was having Bolton, Hull, Norwich promotion and Liverpool for the premier league title.
  • Options
    Could not find the 2020/1 thread, but as we enter the final day of the season. Anyone get any big ante post winners this year?

Managed to break even with Adam Armstrong e/w at 28/1 for top goal scorer in championship & Sheffield United being relegated. Charlton finishing top 6 would be a bonus.

Most upsetting one was having Bolton, Hull, Norwich promotion and Liverpool for the premier league title.
    I had two bets at the beginning of the season:
    Winners, not EW : Liverpool, Norwich, Hull and Rangers.. bit gutting at one point i could cash out like £50-60 but £5 returned  £2,733.05

Promotion one is dead but had a reasonable run, Brentford, Ipswich, Salford, Stockport