Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Blackburn are evidently a bit iffy at the back, but strong in midfield and attack. I reckon it will be close, as this is a Bowyer/Jackson team. On paper they might not be as strong, but they will definitely turn up and be ready for it. Can see Pratley playing an important role in frustrating Rovers. 

• Options
    I am in my local tomora night. Am playing it low key. We so have a worse side than the one that went up. No one can surely deny this. The rovers supporters are reasonably positive about the season. Jeez they have spent 5m on one player. Look I am naturally a pessimistic Charlton fan of 53 years, but I have ti go back into my local a staunch rovers pub and take the shit. I cant see this ending well. Just sell our club and get the fck out.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
    Solly | Williams | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Purrington
    Bonne | Taylor

Substitutes Bench: Amos | Dijksteel | Oshilaja | Lapslie | Morgan | Doughty | Wiredu
    Put Dijksteel on bench as think he might be off, but if his not should start, bare bones already, add Harriott for the bench if he signs, and if by miracle anyone else signs by midday tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'm a born pessimist, but blimey we are in no fit state for this game.
    0-4
    A valiant effort but ultimately mullered with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes after Taylor is sent off.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    if we lose 5-0 , or 6 etc (with our current squad without loans I will be gobsmacked if we get a result) 

I really hope after 5 games if we have lost every single game the fans turn more again RD, and not again the players and the management. %100 support this season for LB and the boys regardless
  • Options
    On the "how many points in August" thread I had this down for a draw. Not so sure now we haven't signed anyone this week.......nah, bollox to that.

1-1.   And not bottom yet. 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    I remember going there as underdogs and winning 2-0
    i remember going there as underdogs and winning 1-0
    ii will be there tomorrow watching us as underdogs again. 3-0 to us.
    If you go tomorrow you will have a fucking long wait till Kick Off.
    Smart arse. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Blackburn 0-1 Charlton
    Taylor Pen '56
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the "how many points in August" thread I had this down for a draw. Not so sure now we haven't signed anyone this week.......nah, bollox to that.

1-1.   And not bottom yet. 
    Ever the optimist. 
  • Options
    Rovers fan here... I come in peace.  Away supporter here.  Tricky opening match from our point of view, as I am expecting Charlton to come with a bit of a spring in their step after promotion.  Noticed a few quality additions for little/to no money which is always good.  And in honesty, I have tipped Charlton to hang about a bit and survive their initial season back in the Championship.

Catch my thoughts and more.

Also this week I managed to grab a chat with both a Rovers and a Charlton supporter to get their opinions.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    A ‘pre-season friendly’ which we will lose heavily, hopefully prompting some action from our owner.. unless Bowyer somehow works a miracle that is
  • Options
    2:2 no idea why who where what
  • Options
    Good preview as always. Very happy these are back. All a matter of opinions but imo I can’t see Blackburn being in a relegation scrap or similar place to us at the end of the season. Seem a club in the up to me and are more likely to be in the playoff race but could be badly wrong.  

Ill still go 1-1 with a late Taylor equaliser. 
  • Options
    Blackburn 3 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    LB has it all to do this season with both hands tied behind his back!! Sadly I think tomorrow we will see how weak our current squad is.......3-0 Blackburn
  • Options
    Agree with others. 3-0 Blackburn.
  • Options
    Anything better than a defeat by a two goal margin and I'll be surprised.
  • Options
    3 nil defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB has made his views clear but without any additions before tomorrow, I think he has to start Morgan as we have zero attacking threat. We will be defending for our lives with Taylor the loan forward with Williams tasked to get close to him on our rare attacks.  But we need to get the ball to them. I’m not convinced by JFC at the moment (hope I’m wrong). With seven defenders/defensive mids in the team I’d have Albie in just for that killer pass and just suck up the fact that he won’t do much defensively.  Different story if/when we get reinforcements. 
  • Options
    Blackburn to win by two or three goals. We are hopelessly unprepared for this division, as Duchatelet tries to turn us into a two-bob lower division club.

I'd like to see Dijksteel playing in a central midfield role but Bowyer clearly doesn't fancy him there. I don't suppose it would make much difference anyway and Anfernee may be out the door by Thursday.
  • Options
    2-0 defeat. 5 subs maximum named on the bench
  • Options
    1-1 Charlton not great but showing a fighting spirit. Sarr header
  • Options
    Can Gallagher play, has he been signed in time? Fingers crossed he has
  • Options
    Yes but I’d imagine that he’d be on the bench with Pratley starting, the kids only had one training session 
  • Options
    LB has said he's in the squad, so must be fine to play.
  • Options
    Bet you cant wait for this game with your neighbours no doubt?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    1-1 Taylor pen