Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Points Will We Get In August?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Would like to point out that Steve Cooper @ Swansea fully deserves to get the Manager of the Month award

Only one draw in his first month of club management - Great job Steve
    With the HUGE advantage of parachute payments!!!
    Barely spent any of it

Only signed two players in the summer for fees... That included losing Daniel James to Man Utd for £20m

Swansea since relegation have been going about it the right way - i.e. they've not wasted those parachute payments on panic signings for a quick return to the Premier League
    And you don't think they may be using parachute payments to pay Premier League wages? Or don't you think that makes a difference?
  • Options
    Something seriously wrong if LB doesnt win MOTM. Last week of July & we had spent a total of around £500k on 2 players & had salary budget equivalent to that of a mid table League One side. No fecker wanted to join us & we had to scramble around for loans......and sold our 1st choice RB just so we could bring in the players we really needed. 

And poor old Olly Solskjaer .....he could only spend £80m on a defender & let a player earning £135k a week leave on a loan.

• Options
    An unlucky 13 points for August
    Almost perfect from @letthegoodtimesroll
    I underestimated how good we really are, everybody else clearly wasn’t paying attention last season
  • Options
    In defence of those that were very pessimistic most of us put in their predictions prior to us bringing anyone in... so we had stripped the team and had zero players in at that time... 

But we will never question lee Bowyer again.. ever... Obvs :)
  • Options
    Can I revise my original prediction?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I’ll go 8, assuming a few more midfielders arrive.

Blackburn Rovers - Away - 0 
    Stoke City - Home - 3
    Barnsley - Away - 1
    Nottingham Forest - Home - 1
    Brentford - Home - 0
    Reading - Away - 3
    Well four out of six not bad,   :D Just Brentford & Blackburn terribly wrong.....