Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We also beat Norwich in a friendly last year, and we all know what kind of season they ended up having
  • Options
    No Purrington / Forster-Caskey / Solly involved?

Otherwise Id say thats the team against Blackburn
    Let’s hope not!
  • Options
    Desperately need a string puller in the middle.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    We also beat Norwich in a friendly last year, and we all know what kind of season they ended up having
    Wasn't there some mad stat that every team Norwich played pre-season got promoted?
  • Options
    Last year we started off with one win and two losses in pre-season, including losses to Limerick and University College Dublin by 4-1, LOL. So count me as not worried. Yet.
  • Options
    Last year we started off with one win and two losses in pre-season, including losses to Limerick and University College Dublin by 4-1, LOL. So count me as not worried. Yet.
    I think that was the season before when Robinson was Manager. 
  • Options
    I think that was the season before when Robinson was Manager. 
    Jesus, time flies. You are right. Revise that... I am worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was very poor. Williams did very well and I agree with a former poster that he was the only player you would score over a 6. Most worrying aspect was that Gillingham got in behind what is our first choice back three on numerous occasions. I think we need another CH as well as (miracle s might happen) Bielik 
  • Options
    Conceding three goals against Gillingham is piss poor however you dress it up.

We've now lost to Ebbsfleet and Gillingham - signs are not looking good. Wouldn't be quite so bad if we were playing decent opposition.

If we're not good defensively we will sink without trace in the Championship.

Calm down.
    We will bring in several quality loanees. 
    We will not sink without a trace.

And breath. 
    I'm not convinced re the loanees and I'm more concerned with us letting in goals than the amount we're scoring. I remain unconvinced as to how our defence will cope in the Championship.

• Options
    No shame losing to the mighty Ebbsfleet but the gills....
  • Options
    Results results don't matter at this stage, any serious injuries do. Let's hope they are not serious 
  • Options

We've now lost to Ebbsfleet and Gillingham - signs are not looking good. Wouldn't be quite so bad if we were playing decent opposition.

It's just as well we're still waiting to acquire the other half of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Calm down.

And breath. 
    I'm not convinced re the loanees and I'm more concerned with us letting in goals than the amount we're scoring. I remain unconvinced as to how our defence will cope in the Championship.

There's not a defence in the world that will be difficult to beat, when they have a thread bare midfield in front of them.
  • Options

Calm down.

And breath. 

There's not a defence in the world that will be difficult to beat, when they have a thread bare midfield in front of them.
    Plus the strikers will struggle to get 15 between them.
  • Options
    Pre-Season games are about limbering up, not results.

We will struggle this season, but success comes from having a decent backroom staff.  We have that.

Success will be staying up and hopefully Bowyer and Jackson will get us there.

Ps
    I still think Bowyer should have told the owner to f*** off the other week.

This place is a shambles.
  • Options

Calm down.

And breath. 

Plus the strikers will struggle to get 15 between them.
    It depends who the strikers will be.
    Bowyer still wants two more.
    I can't understand anyone judging the team, when we've only got half a team.
    We still need 2 strikers, 3 midfielders minimum.
    A midfield for anybody is probably of more importance, supplying and defending.

We need a partnership up front who can get us 20 goals between them next season.
  • Options
     said:
    The comments on here sound like last seasons pre season!
    Only we're going into a higher level of football this time.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
     said:
    The comments on here sound like last seasons pre season!
    Only we're going into a higher level of football this time.
    Did we lose to Ebbsfleet and concede 3 to the Gills in the last pre season?

I realise friendlies aren't everything but it doesn't sound too great so far. 
  • Options
    As it stands we are proper guff 
    luckily the season doesn’t start now 
    and hopefully our lame squad will get given some life