Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gaz Metan PSF 4 July 2019 KO 6.00pm (ed. Match abandoned as Gaz was a very naughty boy)

Comments

• Options
    Hillarious
  • Options
    Who did bows say went home Jake and?
  • Options
    Who did bows say went home Jake and?
    Bonne. Went back to attend Justin Edinburgh's funeral - until recently his manager at Leyton Orienr
  • Options
    Hoping jakes is just a minor injury 
  • Options
    Where's @Valiantphil with the match report?
    I will do a little run down on the lads later, got to give the ref a safe ride out of town. 
    Any teamsheets mate?
    Nothing in writing. Just read out over the PA. 
    Fair play mate, I hope you're having a nice time.
  • Options
    1-0 win; Bowyer with the neat finish after a deft pass from Grant Basey
    Don’t forget the overlapping run from Sue Parkes which created the space in the pile of vol-au-vents
    Finished it for you.
  • Options
    Disappointed in @ForeverAddickted
    Its what happens when Contracts arent sorted out...

Until Life Towers give into my demands and pay me in line with what other Forum writers get then they'll be stuck with these second rate Previews
    if you don't want to write for the forum then do one.  Greedy snake.

CL dragged you up from nowhere but you show no gratitude.  Just chasing the buck.  
    Anyone got any spray paint that I could borrow?

Need to write: "Sod off to Millwall" on the side of my car before taking a photo and posting it on Twitter as evidence of the bullying tactics used on here
    Shouldn't it read "Get out of our Forum"?
  • Options
    Phil, was Pratley in midfield or part of a back three?
  • Options
    leefender said:
    He could have seriously injured himself stretching for that.  What was he thinking of? And what sort of goal celebration is that?
  • Options
    @Henry Irving that's farcical that we don't do that, especially as we'll he the bigger side in most friendly games. 

Cup games too, not like we play many is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    leefender said:
    Unbelievably, there is something even funnier in the middle of that story, the bit about Chris Zebroski (who?  supposedly played for Charlton) cheating on his Mrs and her hacking his twitter account to call the lover an ugly fat ...
  • Options
    leefender said:
    Unbelievably, there is something even funnier in the middle of that story, the bit about Chris Zebroski (who?  supposedly played for Charlton) cheating on his Mrs and her hacking his twitter account to call the lover an ugly fat ...
    He never played for us as far as i can recall
  • Options
    Where's @Valiantphil with the match report?
    I will do a little run down on the lads later, got to give the ref a safe ride out of town. 
    Any teamsheets mate?
    Nothing in writing. Just read out over the PA. 
    Is there a recording?
  • Options
    Back 3 and was very good. First five mins Gaz went for it and Pratley was mopping up all across the back.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Rarely played RCB but usually MotM there. Could save us money  My plan is to have backline push forward to re-enforce midfield which requires quick CBs. Bow doesn't do that so Pratley could be answer.
  • Options
    Back 3 and was very good. First five mins Gaz went for it and Pratley was mopping up all across the back.
    That will be the dodgy curry they had last night......
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If Millwall would like to follow the example of Gaz Mental against us twice in the coming season, that's fine by me.  It's our best (i.e. only) chance of getting 6 pts off them.
  • Options
    If Millwall would like to follow the example of Gaz Mental against us twice in the coming season, that's fine by me.  It's our best (i.e. only) chance of getting 6 pts off them.
    I'm not saying we'll win both games but with Bowyer in charge I don't think we'll see anything like the week capitulations we've almost become resigned to.

Well we need to sign a midfield before I make any predictions.

But seriously this is Charlton. We could be lent Barcelona’s team and waltz to the Championship title winning 44 of 46 games keeping a clean sheet in 44 matches. And we would still get turned over 3-0 in both matches by the relegated spanners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alright this was a kick about, but you can see by the way it turned out that it was taken seriously, and I commented at HT that Gaz we’re giving it a go. 

I would also say that I watched a similar kick about here five years ago and in my report was wowed  by a new one of ours (who went on to play for England) and was nonplussed by one of our strikers who went on to play for Aberdeen. 

Dillon - usual stuff, but did get lobbed from a FK, only for the ref to order a retake. 
    Ant - looked to be wandering from his usual reliable spot, but OK. 
    Page- looked fit and played a class through ball to make a chance. 
    Pratley - MOM of the half for me. I reckon he could be skipper. 
    Pearce - i got the feeling he may be leaving, not sure why - didn’t seem his usual self. 
    Sarpong - still has stuff to learn and it shows but no probs. 
    Albie - was constantly coached by team mates. Played ok. 
    Alfie - same
    Taylor - hardly touched the ball 
    Aneke - he is going to take time and I hope we don’t have another future Aberdeen player on our hands. 
    Lapslie - took his goal well and played his usual busy game. 

Bow - didn’t say much, but of coaching here and there. Asked the ref not to send the two guys off, sub instead, but he wasn’t having it and I don’t blame him. 

Jacko - explained to their bench that this was a lack of respect for the officials. Love Jacko to bits. 

Only disappointment was was that a Gaz player asked me before the game to swop his shirt for my “we’re going up t shirt” after it’s finished. They were a friendly bunch, but obvs it ended in chaos, so no swop took place. 

For the other Johnny W fans out there. He played in the tactical warm up and then spent 10 mins doing fitness sprints on the sideline. Please sign him up. 
    Love this.

Sorry it didn't turn out that way though.
  • Options
    Gaz Metan are millwall 
    Hardly. You were winning at the time.
    Very true  
  • Options
    Excited by Skipper Pratley with his pace, young legs and poise on the ball holding fort against Championship strikers while Lockyer suns himself on the bench ;)
  • Options
    Pratley really came into his own at the end of last season. Made the difference in some games.

• Options
    Gaz Metan are millwall 
    Hardly. You were winning at the time.
    Superb timing BBW as usual, but even in the 2-1 defeat at the den when we played with 10 men after Solly's red card early doors we were 1-0 up mid way through the 2nd half.
    Being middle age/Old now I can recall a match at the old den that my Bermondsey Born Dad
    ( supported both the spanners and Cafc !) took me to when Charlton were 2-0 up at HT :) but lost 3-2 :'(

The good news for Charlton fans is I don't intend to go to the den this season because I have been to 23 out of 26 matches at the den since 27/08/66 and You've guessed it,the only 3 away games I missed were the 3 wins  :#

28/10/78 Tonsillitis
    02/09/92 working (Anglo Italian cup)
    05/12/95 car broke down when running late !!

Seen home wins against Millwall, wins home and away wins against Palace. 

But I can only put it down to Nature punishing me for not supporting the club I was born nearest too !

• Options
    I do think, if Bows wants to play with 3 centre backs, that Pratley is the best choice as the "libero"...

Needs to be able to read the game, and not necessarily have bags of pace. And needs to be able to move forward with the ball, become the extra midfielder, and pass the ball on.

That doesn't mean he starts every week. Just as a tactical option.