Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    Ronnie Schwartz will come good 🤔
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Ronnie Schwartz will come good 🤔
    Praying he does or we somehow get a fee.
  • Options
    Bloody Bowyer why couldn't he have taken Lyle Taylor instead.....that's a big hole for us in the goals category
  • Options
    Not great news, but absolutely fine if we bring someone decent in. Key words is if of course
  • Options
    I hope his replacement is capable of smiling. 
    Grouchy bastard
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Aneke, who has signed a two-year contract at St Andrew's, told bcfc.com: “I am delighted to finally get it over the line It’s a big club and a big challenge, I’m definitely looking forward to it. 

“It’s a massive club and it’s in the Championship – that’s where I want to be. I want to test myself in the Championship and my old coach is here, so it lined up and I am ready to go.”

Massive club? Oh do f*** off. They’ve never been more than mediocre, with a constant chip on both their shoulders having to live under the shadow of Villa. Shit club, shitty fans from a shithole of a city. F*** them and tbh, f*** you Chuks. Wasteman.
    You still on that Grey Goose vodka mate 😉
  • Options
    The one player who was exciting to watch albeit brief cameos in games. Not impressed with what is going on.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I hope his replacement is capable of smiling. 
    Grouchy bastard
    I just hope his replacement is capable of putting a full shift in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Would have liked to see him stay, excellent player at this level.  

Still, it's another player who joined, barely played due to injury whilst picking up a salary to have left at the end of their contract so fuck him.

With a decent medical team and an ex physio as manager I feel we were a good fit for him but he can go to get run into the ground by Bowyer and spend 2 years injured again.  Seems a weird choice on the face of it.
    Money talks shit walks!.
    Artie Fufkin.
  • Options
    How can a bloke who can't play a full game pass a strict medical.  If he starts playing full games he is a piss taking bugger. 
    It was suggested that Chuck's problems are mental rather than physical.
    He believed he would break down, rather than actually breaking down.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Aneke, who has signed a two-year contract at St Andrew's, told bcfc.com: “I am delighted to finally get it over the line It’s a big club and a big challenge, I’m definitely looking forward to it. 

“It’s a massive club and it’s in the Championship – that’s where I want to be. I want to test myself in the Championship and my old coach is here, so it lined up and I am ready to go.”

Massive club? Oh do f*** off. They’ve never been more than mediocre, with a constant chip on both their shoulders having to live under the shadow of Villa. Shit club, shitty fans from a shithole of a city. F*** them and tbh, f*** you Chuks. Wasteman.
    That would be a brilliant introductory interview! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Was it ever established just what the mystery injury or psychological problem Aneke has, that prevents him playing a full 90 minutes?
    No one seemed prepared to talk about it, maybe that will change now?
  • Options
    How can a bloke who can't play a full game pass a strict medical.  If he starts playing full games he is a piss taking bugger. 
    It was suggested that Chuck's problems are mental rather than physical.
    He believed he would break down, rather than actually breaking down.
    So there are now three issues - whether Aneke actually does get injured, whether his fear of breaking down causes him to only play a limited number of minutes and him scoring at a level he has never done so at before. Every player has his level. Aneke scored just 6 goals in 50 appearances for Waregem. Stockley struggled in the Championship.

If anyone is taking a gamble it is Birmingham and LB is taking that gamble on their behalf - the man who said only last season IF you could guarantee Aneke's fitness he would be a regular in the Championship. It will be interesting to see how many games he actually plays and scores in.
  • Options
    Bloke scored 16 goals regardless of how many minutes he was on the pitch. In fact, despite his minutes on the pitch. Big loss.
    He is at League 1 level. But not sure he is a massive gain at Championship level. After all he scored one goal in 745 minutes when he played for us in that Division.
  • Options
    Regardless of goals scored, one full 90mins in two years is just not sustainable and worth a contract IMHO. If we had money to burn and could afford to pay a fella a few grand a week for just 30mins work every so often then fine, but I think we're better off looking elsewhere. I like chuks and wish him all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Regardless of goals scored, one full 90mins in two years is just not sustainable and worth a contract IMHO. If we had money to burn and could afford to pay a fella a few grand a week for just 30mins work every so often then fine, but I think we're better off looking elsewhere. I like chuks and wish him all the best.
    Really?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    Really?
    Yes

Edit. If you read what I'm saying @Airman Brown then you'll understand. I like chuks, he scored goals, but could rarely be called upon over 2yrs. I'd like to think we can attract more reliable options given a proper budget. Its not inconceivable that we could sign someone who would score 15 goals ls next year, but also play 40+ games. I'm not saying he's shit, far from it, just unfit
  • Options
    I wasn't that fussed either way on this one strangely, if he was able to play more full games he'd have been one of the best strikers in the league, but given he couldn't it may free up a wage for someone who can.

Would have been happy enough if he re-signed but as it is I'm not devastated he didn't.
  • Options
    Bloke scored 16 goals regardless of how many minutes he was on the pitch. In fact, despite his minutes on the pitch. Big loss.
    He is at League 1 level. But not sure he is a massive gain at Championship level. After all he scored one goal in 745 minutes when he played for us in that Division.
    I have no interest in his value to Birmingham, only what we need to replace him.
    But your desire to keep Aneke is made on the assumption that he can play the same number of minutes he did last season and not the number of minutes he played the season before. If he was still on the books and couldn't play, for whatever reason given his medical history, we would, actually, be in a worst position because we couldn't/wouldn't have signed a replacement for him. 

I would rather he had stayed and we definitely do need to sign a suitable replacement but we do not necessarily need to find all Aneke's 15 League goals from that one striker.  Stockley and Washington scored 19 in 48 starts last season between them and Adkins might change our style of play to get the most out of Schwartz - otherwise there is no sense in keeping him either. We scored 18 goals in 10 games under Adkins last season and Aneke's contribution was 3 of those - and one of those was the 6th in our win at Plymouth so we would still have won without him.

We made an offer to Aneke and he turned it down. We move on.

• Options
    Gutted as I really liked Chuks, he had quality on the ball and effort was second to none every game. 

I expect Stockley to be the main target man but not to underestimate Washington who is a very intelligent fit forward if anything we need a younger fast poacher to give us the option to play 2 up front someone to push the opposition defence back to create space or exploit space in behind. 

Fingers crossed that Schwartz can produce after having a pre-season he has the ability just appeared bit of the pace and wasn't maybe wasn't expecting League one to be as quick and physical. 
  • Options
    As ever with these things it's hard to know exactly what to make of it until we know who will replacing him. If his replacement is worse, or worse still non-existent, it will be a bad move. If we get someone in who is more capable and or able to play a fuller part it will be positive. With an ambitious owner and manager I'm quietly confident. Please prove me right, gents.
  • Options
    I have no interest in his value to Birmingham, only what we need to replace him.
    This. His value to us was priceless. Priceless in the fact I doubt we will pay the fee that is necessary to replace him. You are looking for another Ivan Toney ( who replaced Ollie Watkins). 20 goal a season strikers cost money. 
  • Options
    Big loss; great weapon to bring in as sub & excellent minutes per goal ratio. 
    Yes, he gave away too many free kicks, but this is League One: if he could play 90 mins each week and didn’t give away free kicks he’d never have had to play in League One.