Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Better check first we don't have an 12 year olds who've accidentally walked on the pitch
  • Options
    Hopefully Matthews can play tonight now. 
  • Options
    Who knows, might have the same clause with Luton and we just get him back next year
    If we have some money, we can do better than Lockyer
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Hopefully Matthews can play tonight now. 
    unlikely they'll get his registration lodged in time with those fine diligent arbiters at EFL
  • Options
    Why anyone would sign for a team in orange is beyond me.
  • Options
    Stanley Matthews did.
  • Options
    Still loves us obviously over 48 hours after his move and still got us as his profile picture and in his bio in insta, despite the fact he has posted on insta so he definitely has been on there 😂😂

• Options
    cafckev said:
    Wish him well. He stayed and tried to help. Made it clear that he would take up his option to look around etc, so thanks and good luck, but Luton? Surely he could have done better than Luton!
    Perhaps they have give him a get out of jail free card.......oops, I mean a relegation clause...😁. Seeing as they were nailed on certs to be relegated for 95% of last season I can see that he'll be back to square one in 10 months time.

Lockyer's an international who has played 10 times for his country during which time they have not conceded more than a single goal in any one game and wants to play in the Euros. Playing in the Championship gives him a much better chance of doing so than in League 1

He's still only 25 but has already made 335 appearances for club and country - since his first full season in 2013/14 he has played 47, 48. 45, 51, 43, 50 & 47 times in each of those - no outfield player got close to his 43 starts for us last season. Bearing in mind that, as a CB, he is more liable than most to pick up bookings that is remarkably consistent. 

He's no superstar but he's worthy now of playing at a higher level than League 1. The fact that he was allowed to have that clause inserted is more a reflection of our dire situation and I really don't see how anyone can criticise him for wanting to exercise that option

It takes a squad to get relegated. We went down because of our inability to score (only two teams scored less goals but nine conceded more). The pool we've been fishing in is, largely, either of League 1 calibre or players that could play a higher standard than that but are prone to injury. Lockyer is neither of those. And perhaps that's what really bothers some about his departure!
    And another clean sheet last night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.hattersnews.co.uk/LTFC.php?ID=16422

Interesting that Lockyer has gone to the back of the queue at Luton
  • Options
    Another bench warmer. Perhaps him, Grant & Taylor can WhatsApp each other during games as I see all 3 didn't start at the weekend.

• Options
    Wow, not even in the squad?!
  • Options
    Sonny Bradley is decent but I think Lockyer will be in the squad soon. He's behind them because he only signed a few weeks ago and then went on international duty, means nothing at the moment. I'm very hopeful there's players we haven't even signed yet who will be in our best XI soon!
  • Options
    Another bench warmer. Perhaps him, Grant & Taylor can WhatsApp each other during games as I see all 3 didn't start at the weekend.

That's just bitterness. Grant particularly is because he could well be moving onto the Prem, not because he was dropped by Hudds for not being good enough. 
  • Options

He would have gone off on international duty soon after he signed for them. He probably doesn’t know where the toilets are at the training ground yet. He will play lots for them this season, give it time
  • Options

He would have gone off on international duty soon after he signed for them. He probably doesn’t know where the toilets are at the training ground yet. He will play lots for them this season, give it time
    The main toilet in Luton is the ground. 
    Went last season and in the "bar" in the away end was one toilet, one sink and one bin, all 3 were in use when I got there.  The fella at the bin was so wasted he seemed surprised his piss was not draining away as though a bin would be plumbed in!
  • Options
    Kenilworth Road has improved then.
  • Options

Bauer was also on the bench for Preston
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moral of the story, don't leave Charlton or your career will plummet.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    iaitch said:
    Moral of the story, don't leave Charlton or your career will plummet.
    Messrs Pope, Gomez, Konsa, Aribo, Gudmundsson and Dijksteel might all differ. As will Lockyer, Grant, Taylor, Sarr and Bauer who might not be in the side right now but will still play and at a higher level than we are as well as earning substantially more than they would have done with us.

That's a whole team  of players that are at clubs higher than us. A few of them would have left come what may. But some would have stayed but for the actions of one person. He is the one that people should be pointing the gun at. Not those that have a very short career and choose to maximise their opportunities.

Professional sport is ruthless and for every single one of those mentioned above there's a Page, Stevenson, Reeves, Hanlan, Umerah or scholar that has been released that very few people are, in reality, that bothered about. You only have to compare the number of postings about Stevenson to those about Taylor to realise that.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Moral of the story, if you stay at Charlton your career will plummet.

• Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but once Phillips departs I believe that we will have just one player, Pearce, who will have played 100 games for us. 

So why are we getting so wound up about one or two players? For one reason or another no one stays with us more than a couple of seasons these days!!!!
  • Options
    Made his debut for Luton tonight, as they won 1-0 at Reading
  • Options
    Made his debut for Luton tonight, as they won 1-0 at Reading
    3 games and 3 clean sheets this season against Finland, Bulgaria and Reading respectively
  • Options
    Kenilworth Road has improved then.
    Yes, it appears they now have a bin. 
  • Options
    Only on the bench today
  • Options
    Has not been called up to the Wales squad for the next international break, odd