Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Can someone remove signs from the title and maybe add new contract offered. 
  • As Cawley has said on twitter - We're able to offer these guys new deals because the likes of Matthews and other loanees have gone

So what we were paying them can go on the Contract offers of Lockyer and JFC so wont be surprised to see Naby Sarr being offered next

I imagine if we got Naby's Contract down (as cant see him being on the same terms) then that could go quite a way
    I think the money Naby is on is probably a bit overstated sometimes. He signed on ok (not outlandish) Championship money 5 years ago. I’d be willing to bet there are League 1 players on more money than him by now. Not saying a wage cut would hurt but I doubt it’s going to pay for three other players or anything like that. 
  • shine166 said:
    I dont understand how hes being offered a deal while we are under embargo... he cant get and improved offer, just the same as last season. Is that correct ? 
    Yes he can... See it this way in the most basic of terms:

Lockyer got £20... Matthews got £10... With Matthews now gone we can offer Lockyer: £30
    If that is the case then get rid of all the players & sign Jamie Vardy.
  • As Cawley has said on twitter - We're able to offer these guys new deals because the likes of Matthews and other loanees have gone

So what we were paying them can go on the Contract offers of Lockyer and JFC so wont be surprised to see Naby Sarr being offered next

I imagine if we got Naby's Contract down (as cant see him being on the same terms) then that could go quite a way
    I think the money Naby is on is probably a bit overstated sometimes. He signed on ok (not outlandish) Championship money 5 years ago. I’d be willing to bet there are League 1 players on more money than him by now. Not saying a wage cut would hurt but I doubt it’s going to pay for three other players or anything like that. 
    Yes but he signed from Sporting having previously been at Lyon, and joined a squad with the likes of Igor, Texeira, Gudmundsson etc, so he must be on fairly decent money.

Even if he was on 9k a week (which may be way off i don't know), in a post Covid league one, i'm sure we could get a couple of decent players for 4.5k a week each.
  • boggzy said:
    shine166 said:
    I dont understand how hes being offered a deal while we are under embargo... he cant get and improved offer, just the same as last season. Is that correct ? 

Not really, the total wage bill cannot increase, but an individual player's wage can do so. So because the likes of Lyle, Solly, and Page (at least) are off, then it frees up money to pay others.
    Or nice bread and bitches.
    I dread to think what the standard of bitch would be like with our finances.
    A 52 year old Asthmatic chain smoker with gout?
  • Decent L1 centre back. Hope he stays.

I would be surprised if many championship clubs are stampeding to his door but he would be a useful 3 or 4 I guess especially on lowish wages.

I would be surprised if many championship clubs are stampeding to his door but he would be a useful 3 or 4 I guess especially on lowish wages.
    Maybe Cardiff or Swansea, waiting to see what league they are in
  • boggzy said:
    shine166 said:

Not really, the total wage bill cannot increase, but an individual player's wage can do so. So because the likes of Lyle, Solly, and Page (at least) are off, then it frees up money to pay others.
    I’ve had worse.
  • boggzy said:
    shine166 said:

I’ve had worse.
    Ain't we all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think football is in for a shock post lockdown as most clubs do not have any income till the government starts letting fans back so will be plenty of bargains to be had and could be beneficial for players like Lockyer and Williams to stay put if the club can afford to pay them
  • shuffs67 said:
    Think football is in for a shock post lockdown as most clubs do not have any income till the government starts letting fans back so will be plenty of bargains to be had and could be beneficial for players like Lockyer and Williams to stay put if the club can afford to pay them
    Hopefully taylor will suffer because of this
  • Think Taylor's actions will have put a few clubs of

Maybe Cardiff or Swansea, waiting to see what league they are in
    I can't see either of them wanting him, I don't see him as a top 6 club Championship CB.

More likely one of the other Championship strugglers or a newly promoted side
  • Just need to look back through all the games this season and pick out some particularly strong performances. It'll be one of those teams we played that makes an offer for him, since it seems thats how everyone else does their recruiting at the moment.
  • edited July 2020
    Flattered to deceive for me. Ultimately not good at all after the resumption. Great for him he gets rewarded for it.
  • Massive admiration for Lockyer's performances last season.

Easily good enough for the Championship. Still developing but has a touch of the Chris Perry the way he can mark bigger units out of the game. 

Franz Beckenbauer would have looked exposed in that team playing alongside Jason Pearce. There is your League 1 defender, not TL. And I do think Pearce tried his heart out post-lockdown, but Championship forwards are just too fleet of foot for JP.  

Think he will go to either Barnsley but most probably Luton with Nathan Jones and I say, good luck and cheers for your efforts and ability. 
  • edited July 2020
    Some people judge a keeper by his great saves, I tend to factor in his mistakes. I think the lack of mistakes is the major indicator. Same is true for Defenders. Quite a few goals he could have done better with for me. Just recent games- Birmingham equaliser, Wigan opener!
  • I assume he can only leave after the Championship playoff final as that is when the league ends? 
    The SW and Derby hearing results must surely be out by then because if one or both go down, he would not be allowed to leave.
  • Redrobo said:
    I assume he can only leave after the Championship playoff final as that is when the league ends? 
    The SW and Derby hearing results must surely be out by then because if one or both go down, he would not be allowed to leave.
    I don't think that is accurate.
  • Sponsored links:

• You knew that if we concede one then it was unlikely the forwards would score two.
  • I've played call of duty with him a couple of times, and he always replies to my messages on instagram.

I sent him one the other day asking him about the contract offer and if there is a chance of him staying, he didn't reply to that one... didn't even open it.

Make of that what you will.

• I messaged him also on Insta - No response. He's probably seeing what other offers come up first. 

• The whole team got us relegated. Just observing a weakness with Lockyer. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I messaged him also on Insta - No response. He's probably seeing what other offers come up first. 

What did you offer him?
  • Massive admiration for Lockyer's performances last season.

Easily good enough for the Championship. Still developing but has a touch of the Chris Perry the way he can mark bigger units out of the game. 

Franz Beckenbauer would have looked exposed in that team playing alongside Jason Pearce. There is your League 1 defender, not TL. And I do think Pearce tried his heart out post-lockdown, but Championship forwards are just too fleet of foot for JP.  

Think he will go to either Barnsley but most probably Luton with Nathan Jones and I say, good luck and cheers for your efforts and ability. 
    Perry is a great comparison 
  • I've played call of duty with him a couple of times, and he always replies to my messages on instagram.

I sent him one the other day asking him about the contract offer and if there is a chance of him staying, he didn't reply to that one... didn't even open it.

Make of that what you will.

He's on the beach.

The season's over. Time to take a break from football.
    I know I would.

Anything else is for his agent to deal with.

• Not as good as Bauer but he did pretty well