Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bunch of Amateurs

Comments

• Options
    The manager is a star in the making, very genuinely passionate man and knows his shit 

Really good filming again mate
  • Options
    I’ve thoroughly enjoyed these. Found myself really rooting for them.
  • Options
    There was a really big bust up between manager and goalkeeper on that last one. Two very big personalities clashing for weeks that finally boiled over. The footage in the changing room where they go at it is probably the best I’ve shot. Sadly, including it was out of the question, at least until I’m no longer filming the team. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    There was a really big bust up between manager and goalkeeper on that last one. Two very big personalities clashing for weeks that finally boiled over. The footage in the changing room where they go at it is probably the best I’ve shot. Sadly, including it was out of the question, at least until I’m no longer filming the team. 
    Before or after the game? It all seemed quite friendly
  • Options
    On Willingdon’s second goal, the keeper was at his near past and flapped at the cross (the GoPros overheated so didn’t record it, there is another angle but I didn’t want to kick off the discussion again amongst the team!). The manager went nuts, called it pathetic. Keeper reacted and called the manager a few names (I had to replace the audio with a goal reaction from a different game!). 

In the changing room, the keeper argues that he shouldn’t have been publicly called out and it gets quite heated. It had been brewing, the keeper talks during team talks and doesn’t train, which really annoys the manager! I’ve hopefully got enough to tell this story further down the line. 
  • Options
    Here's Charlwood's game against Westfield. Quite eventful this one... @CharltonToddler - you might not want to watch the game footage! Although we got a good interview with your manager at the end. 

https://youtu.be/6js3N_3XyrU
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sean's big moment... Just started the video.

Lucky not to give away a penalty dodgy arm position... He's definitely better when fitter but lovely to see how Charlwood were progressing.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sean's big moment... Just started the video.

Lucky not to give away a penalty dodgy arm position... He's definitely better when fitter but lovely to see how Charlwood were progressing.
    He acquitted himself! Although he looked a bit nervous at the start, and that was a definite penalty. 
  • Options
    Here is game seven... 

https://youtu.be/osJgGBKEHoU

This is the reverse fixture of Game 2, against Forest Row of Crawley, the team who would go on to finish second in the season that never existed.

• Options
    Proper grass routes lump fest at the end. Lovely stuff. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm really enjoying these
  • Options
    Here’s game 8...

https://youtu.be/2Q-wP4uoH1I
  • Options
    This season I'm putting together weekly short-form docs on YouTube, so subscribers/ views/ likes etc. would be most welcome! 

https://youtu.be/62VpZtvl70Q
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Here's Charlwood's game against Westfield. Quite eventful this one... @CharltonToddler - you might not want to watch the game footage! Although we got a good interview with your manager at the end. 

Good video Jimmy, terrible from us that day.

the manager is my old man 

gutted we aren’t in the same league this year would have been good to have you down our place

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

gutted we aren’t in the same league this year would have been good to have you down our place

He was very honest and that was refreshing. It's not often that managers can be objective about the games. Do tell him I really appreciate him giving me his time that day. 
  • Options
    Here's the second one of this season - absolute cracker of a goal in this one. 

https://youtu.be/89h3C4tSrw8

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

He was very honest and that was refreshing. It's not often that managers can be objective about the games. Do tell him I really appreciate him giving me his time that day. 
    Just rewatched it all again.

brilliant work on that Jimmy, one thing I will add about all the crap about walking the league and players being paid, ive heard some funny stories but none of that is true, barely got money to pay the referees let alone players haha. 

Thoroughly enjoy the videos keep up the great work. 
  • Options
    Here's the latest! Like! Subscribe! Comment! Etc! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVS5ch7Fwss
  • Options
    Watched that yesterday, seems like the team need a couple of additions.

Can't remember if it was the same video but I swear Charlwood hit the woodwork like 5 times in one of the recent games!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Watched that yesterday, seems like the team need a couple of additions.

Can't remember if it was the same video but I swear Charlwood hit the woodwork like 5 times in one of the recent games!
    Yes mate, in the one above they hit the woodwork loads, particularly Steven Payne, who hit the post 3 times again in the latest game! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked that one, Liddell reminds me of a guy I used to play with. Nothing is ever good enough, whinger but will skin 3 players and clip one inside a keepers near post to win a game 
  • Options
    Noticed viewing figures have massively shot up on these now. Congrats @JiMMy 85

what happened to S2? The new videos are back on S1 now?
  • Options
    Thanks @Leeds_Addick. Really appreciate you watching!

We went onto TikTok a couple of months back and the knock-on effect was huge. We're getting literally millions of views on there. 

CFC Season Two was stopped in December for the last lockdown, so I went back to the hard drives and dug out Season One. That's coming to an end in the next episode, and immediately after that I am aiming to do a Dorking round up that will show some friendlies they played while the National League South fell apart (I got some great stuff with Marc White as he went nuts at the authorities). 

Then CFC Season Two will start again, as Charlwood played in a short cup competition during April. Finally, there will be a CFC Season Zero episode that shows the final games of the season before Season One (I never would have done it in this order if I had known how it was going to pan out!).
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Thanks @Leeds_Addick. Really appreciate you watching!

We went onto TikTok a couple of months back and the knock-on effect was huge. We're getting literally millions of views on there. 

CFC Season Two was stopped in December for the last lockdown, so I went back to the hard drives and dug out Season One. That's coming to an end in the next episode, and immediately after that I am aiming to do a Dorking round up that will show some friendlies they played while the National League South fell apart (I got some great stuff with Marc White as he went nuts at the authorities). 

Then CFC Season Two will start again, as Charlwood played in a short cup competition during April. Finally, there will be a CFC Season Zero episode that shows the final games of the season before Season One (I never would have done it in this order if I had known how it was going to pan out!).
    I haven't really dug into the Dorking series yet but the Charlwood series really is fantastic and I'm glad it's taking off as it definitely deserves to. Will have to get into Dorking before the the round up episode.

Are you still filming with both teams then? Quite excited to see where Charlwood get to as the manager seems v ambitious and was talking about the additional facilities they'll need if they are promoted.
  • Options
    I'm definitely sticking with Dorking next season, the boss/ chairman there (Marc) is going to be helping me keep this thing going as I need for it to make money if I am to continue. Charlwood remains to be seen, and that will make more sense once you've seen Season Two to the end! 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I'm definitely sticking with Dorking next season, the boss/ chairman there (Marc) is going to be helping me keep this thing going as I need for it to make money if I am to continue. Charlwood remains to be seen, and that will make more sense once you've seen Season Two to the end! 
    When is the final episode of season 2 coming out ?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    When is the final episode of season 2 coming out ?
    This is the plan at the moment: 

Charlwood Uncovered - S1: E16 - Sunday 9 May (season finale)
    Dorking Uncovered - S1: E12 - Sunday 16 May (season finale)
    Charlwood Uncovered - S2:E11 - Sunday 23 May
    Charlwood Uncovered - S2:E12 - Sunday 30 May
    Charlwood Uncovered - S2:E13 - Sunday 6 June
    Charlwood Uncovered - S2:E14 - Sunday 13 June
    Charlwood Uncovered - S2:E15 - Sunday 20 June

• Options
    Big fan of the Charlwood stuff. 

Don't mind Dorking, but the manager just isn't on the same level for me. 
  • Options
    I love the Charlwood ones, the cast of characters is familiar and the manager is different level. Clearly takes time to learn  and better himself and understand stuff 
  • Options
    I do need to figure out how to make the DW players more accessible as they’re fairly detached from what I’m doing there (some of them claim they don’t know about the show but not sure I believe them!). It’s easier with the CFC players because some of them were my mates from the start, but the DW stuff tends to be about Marc more than his team. We do have some ideas to make the next season a bit different.