Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2019/2020

Comments

• Good start for Sevilla with two wins out of two after beating Granada tonight. Their manager now is Julen Lopetegui, rebuilding his career after a disastrous spell at Real Madrid and leaving the national team manager's post on the eve of the last World Cup.
  • Real Madrid draw 1-1 at home to Valladolid
  • That's a very poor result for Real against a team who are likely to be battling relegation. Can't see them challenging Barcelona - for the third year running Atletico will probably be pushing Barcelona more than Real.
  • Messi-less Barca are losing again
  • Barcelona currently bottom of the table (if it finishes like this).
  • Messi-less Barca are losing again
    No Messi, no Suarez, no Dembele.
  • Level now. Stats reminiscent of Millwall's visit to Fulham.
  • Ansu Fati. Remember the name

16 year old has just equalised for Barcelona. Serious talent fast tracked into the seniors because of a ton of injuries, and hasn't even played for Barca B yet.
  • Ansu Fati. Remember the name

16 year old has just equalised for Barcelona. Serious talent fast tracked into the seniors because of a ton of injuries, and hasn't even played for Barca B yet.
    Watched him when he came on against Betis ane he looked good, unlucky not tk score in that game, delighted he scored today
  • Neymar to Barca seems to be dead in the water, I feel Barca need someone tho, the first 3 games have proven that without Messi and Suarez they struggle.

• Sponsored links:

• So 2 years ago, Real Madrid played Villareal and after the game the referee was spotted with Real Madrid merchandise and it obviously caused outrage.

The same referee is in charge today, surely the Spanish FA should have given the game to someone else
  • Villareal winning 1-0 

On top atm as well, the game is on ITV 4
  • 1-1 at HT Bale with the goal on the stroke of HT
  • They'd better get a proper tv deal sorted during the international break. 1 game a week is not sufficient for me, particularly as it's always Real or Barca.
  • Bale scores both Madrid equalisers in a 2-2 draw and in injury time manages to get a yellow and then a second yellow/red 
  • Every La Liga game will be shown in the UK on Premier Sports until the end of the 2021-22 season.

The matches will be broadcast live on new channel LaLigaTV apart from games that kick off at 15:00 UK time, which will be shown on delay.

• They will be launching LaLigaTV from October so you can either subscribe to Premier Sports and get everything (including Serie A) OR you can just subscribe to LaLiga for a lower fee.
  • edited September 2019
    Off to Real Mallorca v Athletic Bilbao tonight! Looking forward to it 
  • edited September 2019
    Haven't seen any LaLiga, how's Hazard doing?

Edit: just looked him up on wikipedia, hasn't played a game yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some greats photos on CL tonight.... think I went to the see them in 89
  • cafc4life said:

Just seen it finished 0-0 which is a shame for you.  I have never been, but looks a decent little stadium. Had a look to see when the stadium was built/capacity and I didn't realise that they have been up and down the leagues so much - down to the 4th division at times and also finished 3rd in La Liga in 2001!
  • cafc4life said:

They have some cracking grounds in Spain.
  • cafc4life said:

Just seen it finished 0-0 which is a shame for you.  I have never been, but looks a decent little stadium. Had a look to see when the stadium was built/capacity and I didn't realise that they have been up and down the leagues so much - down to the 4th division at times and also finished 3rd in La Liga in 2001!
    Both teams missed late penalties, Mallorca had a goal disallowed last kick of the game and both hit the woodwork . Just one of them games where they could of played another hour and nothing would of gone in. Nice ground though and the fans made a decent atmosphere 
  • Real Madrid win 3-2 at home to Levante.

Atletico are beaten 2-0 at Sociedad for whom Martin Odegaard on loan from Real scored. Amazingly he's still only 20. Seems to have been around forever.

Barca about to kick off v Valencia. Still no Messi. 16 year old Ansu Fati starts again up front.
  • Barca 2 up in 7 minutes.

The 16 year old has scored one and assisted one (for De Jong).
  • edited September 2019
    Sevilla top and Atletico Madrid second after four games. Hope these two can keep up the good form to make it an exciting title race this year, as neither Barcelona or Real Madrid seem as strong as previous years.
  • edited September 2019
    Sevilla top and Atletico Madrid second after four games. Hope these two can keep up the good form to make it an title race this year, as neither Barcelona or Real Madrid seem as strong as previous years.
    Gotta say I disagree, said it earlier in this thread Barca have been without key players injured, Suarez played yesterday for the 1st time since his injury in the 1st game, Messi is still missing, Umtiti is still missing and they still beat Valencia 5-2.

Once Barca get Umtiti back, and have Suarez and Messi upfront with Griezmann, they will look as strong as last season IMO 

Also Atletico struggled yesterday and lost to Sociedad, which was a bad result for them