Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

P.S.A

124»

Comments

• Options
     Thanks for the update Derek and all the best
  • Options
    All the very best with everything.  
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    An update on al things Prostate. As I have mentioned in the past my P.S.A was 112 in June last year. Now after two months of Hormone
     tablets and Hormome injections every three months it has now gone down,first to 0.29 and yesterday with a phone call from my
     Consultant it is now 0.14. So hopfully it will continue to reduce. I hope this is some consulation to any one who has just been diagnosed
     with prostate cancer, todays drugs are very efficacious.
    Good news @Derek1952 pleased to hear it.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    An update on al things Prostate. As I have mentioned in the past my P.S.A was 112 in June last year. Now after two months of Hormone
     tablets and Hormome injections every three months it has now gone down,first to 0.29 and yesterday with a phone call from my
     Consultant it is now 0.14. So hopfully it will continue to reduce. I hope this is some consulation to any one who has just been diagnosed
    Great news! Didn't even know the PSA numbers could be lower than 1!
  • Options
    Good news on a gloomy day 👍
  • Options
    We've missed the (annual?) check organised through the club this year, thanks to @Tracey,  owing to coronovirus probably,  so it's probably a timely reminder that it's worth getting checked if you can, that is anyone over 45.. here the link to the last thread I could find where a few were surprised but thankful to get this done

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3502155#Comment_3502155
  • Options
    Missed this thread originally but my old man was diagnosed before Christmas so the title jumped out just now.

Good news Derek and keep the good fight up!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Glad thing are going well Derek. Simply for comparison, let my briefly share my story re PSA levels:

Prostate cancer 5 years ago. PSA level at that time being 14. Immediately after radiotheraphy treatment it went down to 0.1. I've been having it taken every six months and whilst there has been a very minimal increase since, it now sits at 0.8. Initial treatment is based upon an age related PSA score, but sits about 7 for over 60s. You can see therefore that both of our scores are way below that where treatment is required. 
  • Options
    Only just caught up with this thread.
    That latest update is very encouraging.
    All the best to you Derek.