Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

P.S.A

Comments

• Options
    All the best mate, as I said we're all rooting for you. 
  • Options
    Just caught up with this. Sending you very best wishes @Derek1952.
  • Options
    Call from Hospital appointment on Monday 10.30 to see Consultant for results of bone scan,so hoping for good news.
  • Options
    My best wishes to you Derek!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Call from Hospital appointment on Monday 10.30 to see Consultant for results of bone scan,so hoping for good news.
    We'll all be thinking of you, Derek. 
  • Options
    Best of luck for Monday
  • Options
    Good luck on Monday Derek. 
  • Options
    Thanks again every one
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for Monday 
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Thanks again every one
    Thinking of you mate. Everything crossed for Monday.
    Q
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the best mate. Echo all the comments above.
  • Options
    Good luck Derek
  • Options
    All the best for monday
  • Options
    All the very best of luck mate!
  • Options
    All the best for monday Derek.
  • Options
    Thank You all. Will report on Monday after apointment.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Thank You all. Will report on Monday after apointment.
    Really hope it goes well.
  • Options
    Seen Consultant this morning and he confirmed it is prostate cancer and the result of the scan that it has spread to the bones. I have more hormone tablets to take for two weeks, and then
     Hormone injection every three months for life. Back to hospital in six month after blood test to see if P.S.A has gone down. So just get on with life!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Seen Consultant this morning and he confirmed it is prostate cancer and the result of the scan that it has spread to the bones. I have more hormone tablets to take for two weeks, and then
     Hormone injection every three months for life. Back to hospital in six month after blood test to see if P.S.A has gone down. So just get on with life!
    At least you know where you stand. Must have been very difficult waiting for the results.

How are you feeling?
  • Options
    Not too bad,its strange now I know what the future holds I suppose I have accepted it. There is plenty support from MacMillian nurses and all Charlton people on here.Hormone ijections can
    have side effects, but tablets did noet so fingers crossed, and its only every three months and once the body gets used to the hormone it should be ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best of luck for the future Derek
  • Options
    You know where you are now, Derek, and what treatment is being given - no waiting around to hear the prognosis must be a positive,

It sounds as though you are in a pretty good place & are taking it in your stride which is admirable.

Please let us know how the treatment progresses and how you are feeling...especially if you need to talk to someone or if you're feeling in need of company.

We'll be here, waiting. 

Stay strong, dear Lifer.  
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Not too bad,its strange now I know what the future holds I suppose I have accepted it. There is plenty support from MacMillian nurses and all Charlton people on here.Hormone ijections can
    have side effects, but tablets did noet so fingers crossed, and its only every three months and once the body gets used to the hormone it should be ok.
    Take all the support you need - having a positive attitude really helps.

• Options
    All the best Derek. Again, I can only echo the sentiments above. 
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Derek1952 said:

great attitude Derek. Not letting a disease intrude into your life and take it over is essential. You'll do well. As 'they' say .. just keep taking the tablets ((:>)
  • Options
    Just back from Doctors after having Hormone Injecton. Only felt like a scratch with needle going in altho it was bigger than a normal needle. Also had a letter from Consultant at the Hospital to
     say the orignal diagnosis was only because the P.S.A is high and could not be sure with rectel examination. Altho the bone scan did show signs of spreading. So lets hope with Hormone
    treatment will keep it under control. Next injection in the end of October,so a little rest from Doctors and Hospital,s. Thanks again for all your comforting remarks.
  • Options
    Hope the treatment goes well. Best of luck Derek.
  • Options
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, Derek.

Take care.
  • Options
    Thank you for the update Derek. 
    Sending you much love.