Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen - "test of building squad for Championship no tougher than scenario facing us last Aug"

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'll give you a LOL for that, Muttley. :smile:

• Options
    Cawley just tweeted JFC has signed a new deal
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Cawley just tweeted JFC has signed a new deal
    Has he? - He tweeted an hour ago saying it was set to happen but cant see where he's confirmed its happened
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    A terrific interview/article .. Gallen was by far Robinson's best signing .. I love Gallen's supreme optimism. I too am always optimistic about CAFC. 
    I suggest however that assembling a really competitive squad for the Championship, given the admitted financial restraints, will be a near Herculean task compared to last season when the standard and quality of player needed could afford to be a bit lower than what is required now.
     As last season, the key factor will be team spirit, superb organisation and a sense of common purpose, so no prima donnas and easy riders will be allowed through the doors.
     I am sure that there are many undiscovered and hidden rough diamond talents that can be unearthed to grace the CAFC shirt (whatever style and shape that shirt might be for 2019/20).
    I am also sure we will have a good if sometimes a bumpy and near heart attack inducing season. For my part just remaining in the division will be a terrific achievement.
    Good luck to Steve Gallen and the rest of the CAFC management team, or should I type 'management family'
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Having watched lots of clips of some of the last few matches of the season I noticed that in many of them Josh Parker, when the ball is in the box, has a habit of freezing, acting more like a spectator than a participant. It’s kinda weird. I think in the scramble for Bauer’s Wembley winner, and in some of the penalty area action v Donny he’s almost rooted to the spot. I think that might be why he has such a low goal scoring ratio for a striker. 
    He won me over as a player in the end, but that flaw will (unless I’m imagining it) drastically hold him back, whatever league he drops down to. 
    In fact I just found this photo which is a classic example!

If memory serves me right from reading 'The Jimmy Seed Story' a distant relative of yours suffered similarly occasionally as a player.