Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MARK LAWRENSON

Comments

• Whoever did our play-off final I loved. Hawthorn and Alan Brazil I think. Could listen to that commentary over and over again "Clive Mendonca great turn..
    .... and a goal"
  • Vialli was good. Keown says absolutely nothing of any value.
    Probably proves the overseas pundits that have been coaches/managers make better pundits than those who have been happy to sit on a sofa and criticise others trying to do a job they cannot do.
  • Cant beleive no one has mentioned Ron Atkinson :)

• Big Ron and those bling bracelets and rings. What a legend. What a hairstyle. What a man. (excluding those tasteless racist remarks of course)
  • edited August 2013
  • Can't believe he's managed to survive this long. Possibly the worst commentator ever.
  • edited August 2013
    I'm now hoping that the BBC will follow up by 'demoting' Savage, Roberts, Chapman, Pleat, Claridge and Hansen, all the boring jaw me dead merchants.
    There was a FL season preview on 5Live the other evening: Payne, Claridge, Dave Jones, Jewell and Baldy Clem .. what a load of non informative, self congratulatory, argumentative and condescending rubbish that was .. other than that I quite enjoyed it (not)
  • Hansen has already announced his retirement at the end of this season, after the world cup
  • Trying to think if there are any pundits I actually like... Lee Dixon seems to talk sense
  • Gary Neville is decent on sky. Hoping Carragher surprises me like Neville did last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe he's managed to survive this long. Possibly the worst commentator ever.

Can't think of a worse one at the murment.
  • It all went down hill when the tash came off
  • Good dont like him.

However there appear to be a few pundits/presenters being bandied about on the top commentators list so they shouldnt even be there.
  • They need to get shot of shearer too, terrible pundit. Watched BT Sports last night and wasn't impressed with Owen, Mcmanaman or David james. Hopefully they will settle into it in the coming weeks. I think Dion Dublin comes across well, would like to see him and Danny Mills do MOTD together!
  • I'm now hoping that the BBC will follow up by 'demoting' Savage, Roberts, Chapman, Pleat, Claridge and Hansen, all the boring jaw me dead merchants.
    There was a FL season preview on 5Live the other evening: Payne, Claridge, Dave Jones, Jewell and Baldy Clem .. what a load of non informative, self congratulatory, argumentative and condescending rubbish that was .. other than that I quite enjoyed it (not)

Bad luck with Mark Chapman, he's the new host of MOTD2.

Ian Payne is without doubt the worst sports presenter on any radio station ever. He actually knows nothing.

Dave Jones and Paul Jewell? Good Lord! What a pair of tools. Steve Clardige - tool. David Pleat - Supertool. Robbie Savage 24 carat tool with diamond studs.
  • Was the show broadcasted from the toolbox, by any chance?
  • BBC needs a total overhaul of its football coverage. Horrendously tired. They should give James Richardson a star role in MOTD, live matches, the lot. He'd inject some humour and life into it.
  • BBC needs a total overhaul of its football coverage. Horrendously tired. They should give James Richardson a star role in MOTD, live matches, the lot. He'd inject some humour and life into it.

Saw him on BT sport last night, he is doing a show every sunday night covering all European Football with Gab Marcotti I think.
  • Peter Jones must be turning in his grave re quality of current commentators.......just listen to this......incomparable!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVUJZJbeiM
  • Niall quinn has got to be up there with the worst, possibly followed by jon champion on espn
  • Sponsored links:

• Lee Dixon comes across very well. Someone mentioned above Jamie Carragher. Jesus wept. Will he come with subtitles? Can't understand a single word that bin-dipper says.......................
  • BBC goes out of its way to recruit dreadful lazy dull and ill-informed pundits. Hard to choose the worst....
  • Lawro is a tool They should retire Motty too bless him. He's become a sad parody of himself. I just sky plus MOTD now so that I can fast forward through all the punditry and watch the highlights. Same with the football League show. Anybody know what's happening to that this year?

pS. I don't actually mind Savage. Ill get my coat.
  • Can't be any worse than the football league show pundits...
  • I won't be happy until Lawrenson is limited to the Cartoon Network or MTV hip hop. Both if which I never put on. The man is a joke and should have been pensioned off 10 years ago .
  • Ian Wright and a bright young female BBC thing are taking over Sunday 606 this season .. that's another 5Live programme that I will be bypassing
  • Lawro is a tool They should retire Motty too bless him. He's become a sad parody of himself. I just sky plus MOTD now so that I can fast forward through all the punditry and watch the highlights. Same with the football League show. Anybody know what's happening to that this year?

pS. I don't actually mind Savage. Ill get my coat.

I'd go further and say I quite like Savage. At least he's honest and doesn't berate people for a bit of gamesmanship unlike Alan "elbows" Shearer.
  • edited August 2013
    Savage just retreats into - Unless you've played the game at a high level, you wouldn't understand- mode.
    Lawro, good riddance but I reckon we'll be wanting his replacements gone soon too.
    Neville has been very good on Sky and is not afraid to dish out criticism to players unlike Jamie and most of the rest.
    Probably the only other pundit I don't mind is Lee Dixon, can't stand Shearer.
  • Ian Wright and a bright young female BBC thing are taking over Sunday 606 this season .. that's another 5Live programme that I will be bypassing

Ian Wright - supposed they needed to add a Arsenal bias to the Liverpool ones.

At least Savage does say what he thinks whereas the others are dull and always protecting their mates/clubs etc.

Lee Dixon left to join ITV which was a shame.

• MOTD probably does need freshening up, I used to like Hansen but he gets a bit repetitve now. The combination of him, Lawrenson and Shearer has all the charisma of a bag of potatoes.

However, any organisation that gives Robbie Savage a salary deserves to have its funding withdrawn IMO.