Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Taylor's return should not be underestimated in Bonne current run of form.

Taylor both takes a lot of attention  away from MB and sets him up.

I agree mate. No coincidence that Bonne was on a dry run of form and then as soon as he’s back up top with Taylor he scores a brace. Just look at Bonne’s second goal for example. Bonne wins a flick on, Taylor then wins another flick on, and Bonne’s made a run in behind and is there to finish it. Think they could make a very dangerous front 2
  • Can the Covered End drop the "you what" from his chant please?
    No, it’s the best bit. 
  • Has the potential to be a Charlton legend!
     Grounded & really wants to play for our club! 

Sadly players have very little time to become "legends" these days, especially with us, as they are either on short term contracts or sold for money before they get the opportunity to achieve that.

A vital goal can be a "legendary" event but, personally, a Club legend is one who has had a medium to long term positive influence. The only player currently worthy of that status, in my opinion, is Chris Solly but before him I would name Johnnie Jackson, Yann Kermogant, Clive Mendonca, Chris Powell, Steve Brown, Johnny Robinson, Matt Holland, Mark Kinsella, John Humphrey, Steve Gritt, Paul Mortimer, Keith Peacock, Derek Hales, Mick Flanagan, Colin Powell, Bob Curtis and Arthur Horsfield from those that I have seen play over the course of the last 50 or so years. There will, of course, be others that I have forgotten about or that rightly deserve that status in the eyes of others.

Things move on and I accept that the definition of "legend" may have changed but, whatever happens, Bonne has been a credit to himself and the Club so far for his work ethic and desire to improve.
  • Was starting to worry he was going to turn out to be a flash in the pan. He’s looked totally lost the last few weeks but, in his defence, has also had very little in the way of service. Having Albie and Taylor in the team definitely helped on Thursday. 

Bowyer is right, he needs to be a bit nastier and more aggressive - learn some dark arts from Taylor - but the basic raw ingredient of finishing is there and that’s the bit you can’t really teach. 

Looks a bit of a confidence player. I wonder if he’d have scored that second one on Thursday if he hadn’t go the first, or if he’d have been a bit more hesitant. They were both great finishes though and his cross for Alfie was arguably even better. His confidence should be sky high now as it was probably the best individual performance we’ve had this season. 
  • edited December 2019
    All those 1 on 1 sessions with Bowyer look like they've paid off. 
  • Super prospect, great scouting. Can finish, has height, muscle and a will to win.  Could go far.  Him and Taylor make a very decent pairing and hopefully we can get a good speedster to join them
  • Really impressed with how Bonne has progressed, 2 quality finishes on Thursday, both were really tough chances
  • Really impressed with how Bonne has progressed, 2 quality finishes on Thursday, both were really tough chances
    He was so strong with the second ... ‘horrible’ as Bows put it. 
  • edited December 2019
    Taylor's return should not be underestimated in Bonne current run of form.

I agree mate. No coincidence that Bonne was on a dry run of form and then as soon as he’s back up top with Taylor he scores a brace. Just look at Bonne’s second goal for example. Bonne wins a flick on, Taylor then wins another flick on, and Bonne’s made a run in behind and is there to finish it. Think they could make a very dangerous front 2
    He scored 5 in 6 without Taylor earlier on in the season .  Taylor can only be a help, of course 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    Sorry if posted before, but did you see Driesen is taking credit for the Bonne signing? 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Taylor's return should not be underestimated in Bonne current run of form.

He scores 5 in 6 without Taylor earlier on in the season .  Taylor can only be a help, of course 
    Agree,
    With only the erratic Leko, who did fine for a young lad, Bonne scored 5 in 6 matches and then had a quiet spell and some donut gave him a 2 on the old scoreboard.
    I tipped him for success when I saw him against Forest Green that if he could get fitter and up to speed for the intensity of the championship he would score as he did for Orient. 
    Macauley will improve and so will Taylor who is a great partner to play alongside.
     Bonne, Taylor  and if we can get a dozen games out of Williams, would be a great attacking trio.
  • Yeah but Taylor is off next week.
  • Yeah but Taylor is off next week.
    What makes you say that?
  • Scoham said:
    Yeah but Taylor is off next week.
    What makes you say that?
    Waving goodbye after the boxing day game. Never done that before. Plus was told he was going at an under 23 game. Strongly linked with a tall striker from Enfield apparently according to one of our scouts.
  • It makes a change that we’ve actually signed a non league striker who can make the step up, unlike Chris Dickson and Stuart Fleetwood.
  • edited December 2019
    Ross said:
    It makes a change that we’ve actually signed a non league striker who can make the step up, unlike Chris Dickson and Stuart Fleetwood.
    Every non league striker's a punt. You've just got to accept a lot of them are going to fail. We've actually done pretty well recently from non league signings when you think that's also where Aribo came from.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Sorry if posted before, but did you see Driesen is taking credit for the Bonne signing? 
    Who cares ... he’s almost gone 
  • Scoham said:
    What makes you say that?
    Waving goodbye after the boxing day game. Never done that before. Plus was told he was going at an under 23 game. Strongly linked with a tall striker from Enfield apparently according to one of our scouts.
    I truly hope he’s staying, and believe he will. 

However, if not, we move on. No one is bigger than the club. 
  • Scoham said:
    What makes you say that?
    We might be interested in an Enfield striker, but that's got no connection as to whether Lyle stays or not
  • Sponsored links:

• Any ideas on how bad his injury is and how long he may be out for?
  • 4-6 weeks minimum. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    In Macca's post, top picture ..... that's a great view of the magnificent East Terrace. Also shows how big the South Terrace was behind the goal.

This was The Valley that I grew up with as a kid in the 1960s.

Me too.
    Great photo 
  • Oggy Red said:
    In Macca's post, top picture ..... that's a great view of the magnificent East Terrace. Also shows how big the South Terrace was behind the goal.

This was The Valley that I grew up with as a kid in the 1960s.

Would love to have seen it in those days. 
  • Never understood why my dad took me to the open end for years when I was small, often getting wet and not go to the covered end. It was not until I joined the youth team and then got him a seat in the West stand
  • Love Macaulay's attitude towards us. Really hope his form for us comes back.