Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    On Lyle - “he loves the attention, likes people to know he’s about”

Some healthy competition developing me thinks. Bonne probably liking the feeling of being the striker hero and not keen to play second fiddle to Lyle.
  • Options
    Joining Macca in the next Zimbabwe squad will be ex Addicks Adam Chicksen & Jordan Zemura.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Hope the is isn’t a touch of the Callum Harriotts with the famous “You just watch” comment the day before we got beat 2-0 by them without having a shot on target. 
  • Options
    Wont be joining up with Zimbabwe after receiving a call up

Wonder what those medical grounds are - Hope he's not injured!!!

• Options
    Shit - hope the fella is okay. Must have come to light since Saturday as surely he wouldn't have played if this was the case?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Bloody hell, that doesn't sound good. Selfishly the international break is well timed for us, and while his health is clearly the most important thing it would have been a disaster if we had lost him before Lyle was ready to return
  • Options
    Did he get booked for knocking it out the keepers hand?
  • Options
    yeah
  • Options
    What is the rule on this? Didn’t keeper only have one hand on the ball. 
  • Options
    A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:
    • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
    • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
    • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
    A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).
  • Options
    He is playing way above and beyond expectations. His link up play has been top notch.

If we hadn't have signed him , we would have been well and f*cked by now, that's for sure !
  • Options
    hermann said:
    great work for the first goal on sat, showing more of what he can do with every game
    Yep - his movement for the first goal was excellent and it deserved the assist tbh. The way he did 2 players was brilliant and very different from the way Leko tries to do 2 players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s doing so well. His two goals On Boxing Day showed two completely different aspects of his game, the first showed his technical ability with a very tough finish and the second showed his work rate and determination. 
  • Options
    he's got the magic bit you can't really teach - finishing - and with his strength and physique and attitude i think he's nailed on for a very good career - happy with our front 2  
  • Options
    Really pleased for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    As said the other day... He's a poacher, knows where to be at the right time which isnt easy to do - He's gone "missing" in recent games because he's not had that creative outlet to set him up

Not being harsh as I dont care but he's yet to really create his own goal from that list of views
  • Options
    As said the other day... He's a poacher, knows where to be at the right time which isnt easy to do - He's gone "missing" in recent games because he's not had that creative outlet to set him up

Not being harsh as I dont care but he's yet to really create his own goal from that list of views
    His running into channels and spaces that other players are not running into, and the defenders find hard to track has played just as important part in creating some of his goals as the pass to him has. 

For me personally I would say the best bit of work he actually did against Bristol was the assist for Doughty's goal. Fabulous movement to create a passing opportunity, and an absolute pin point killer pass across the box between essentially 4 Bristol players.

All that and he tracks back and defends as well. Quality player. 
    God yeah, he's not just a player who keeps a Goalkeeper company as he waits for the ball to come to him so he can stick it in the net - Yet nor do I think is he a player who could pick the ball up in midfield, run through a bunch of players and finish a bit like Gallagher against Derby

Would be remiss of me to ignore his workrate though, have seen him an endless amount of times playing as a Right-Back to clear the ball this season
  • Options
    Taylor's return should not be underestimated in Bonne current run of form.

Taylor both takes a lot of attention  away from MB and sets him up.

• Options
    Has the potential to be a Charlton legend!
     Grounded & really wants to play for our club!