Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League on Amazon Prime

12346»

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Just switched on the Stripey Nigels game.

Considering I've got a smart tv with the Prime Video app and a 4k firebox on a 300mb virgin fibre ethernet connection, I can honestly say I've seen better quality streams on Kodi.

And dare I say it, if tonight's is this bad with only two games then god help up tomorrow night.

Big plus the stadium fx audio though.  So much prefer watching a game with no commentary.

If seems to have settled down as I've typed but its like there's something wrong with the frame rate is is being shown in.  It just doesnt flown like it should. One of the more technically astute may understand why but its watchable!
    I remember when you could just watch a game on BBC1
    once a year .. cup final ?
    Dont forget the Home International tournament .. live Ireland v Wales!
  • Pretty great coverage from Amazon tonight I thought.

Why did Everton ‘keeper stay on the pitch after blatantly handling outside the box?
  • se9addick said:
    Pretty great coverage from Amazon tonight I thought.
    Gotta agree.
  • edited December 2019
    Ours buffered v badly after 10 mins of Man U and couldn’t even get the Liverpool game to come on. Was meant to invite elderly neighbour over to watch but couldn’t! 
  • Tried watching a bit of the Spurs game but it was hopeless - everything in slow motion.
  • Ours buttered v badly after 10 mins of Man U and couldn’t even get the Liverpool game to come on. Was meant to invite elderly neighbour over to watch but couldn’t! 
    such a nice thing to even think of doing :)
  • Watched the Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool games and the picture was perfect.
  • Watch the Liverpool game, no problems other than it being behind, I checked Twitter and PaddyPower told me they had scored a third before it had happened on my TV.
  • edited December 2019
    impressive coverage except last night reception was a bit erratic .. must be costing Amazon a fortune .. hope the prime price lasts for a few more years lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched Spurs, partly Arsenal (flicking between Charlton), United partly and Liverpool/ Leicester. I thought the coverage was pretty good, quality high. Commentary was hit n miss but no worse than sky. I connected to my TV (which I hadn't done previously but have prime so was easy to do) I wouldn't mind if more were on Amazon as we pay for it anyway and never really thought to use the TV part.  
  • How long before Amazon take over a broadband provider?
  • Managed watch 4 games yesterday, watched one every night at beginning of month, all coverage and picture quality has been excellent, I dont watch football to take too much notice of commentary or half time/full time analysis. 
  • How long before Amazon take over a broadband provider?
    They won't - they are developing their own.
    It's easy to forget that Amazon makes most of its money from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
  • Just found this thread. I couldn't understand why the evening games weren't on Sky. So after buying a VPN router and subscribing to Now TV, I miss out on games. Don't Sky subscribers have a legal case here?
  • Sky never got the package. Amazon did.

TV rights are sold in packages and Sky have most, BT and amazon have their own. Amazon got the package for early December and Boxing Day.

why would sky customers expect to see them?

unless perhaps I’ve misread your post.
  • 3 seasons UK TV rights: 2019-2022 
  • The screenshot above is basically correct, with the exception of BT and Amazon swapping 1 set of games.
    Amazon had 1 midweek and boxing day
    BT have 1 midweek and New Years day
  • Amazon will have most games in 3 yrs i rekon