Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League on Amazon Prime

Comments

• Options
    You can watch amazon prime on virgin tv now. Not sure what channel number it is though.

Yep 205, but is it free and or do you have to have Amazon Prime as well?
    You need to have amazon prime as you need to sign in. Just get a free trail and sign in.
  • Options
    You can watch amazon prime on virgin tv now. Not sure what channel number it is though.

Yep 205, but is it free and or do you have to have Amazon Prime as well?
    You can register for a months free trial with Amazon Prime & then follow instructions from your Tivo box .
  • Options

For what it's worth Amazon Prime really is great value for money in my opinion.

Great if you order lots online, the Tv/films are shocking though apart from Vikings. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

For what it's worth Amazon Prime really is great value for money in my opinion.

Great if you order lots online, the Tv/films are shocking though apart from Vikings. 

Don't forget Amazon music too, Apple music is the same price purely for the music service alone so it's an instant win there.

Also, I'd disagree regarding tv/films. it's got some good content. The Man in The High Castle was brilliant, The Grand Tour... even the Leeds documentary last season I thought was good.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I think I'll give this a miss. I've spent years avoiding Amazon Prime.
    Plus if I tell the Mrs I'm watching football on Amazon Prime for the next 3 nights, she'll possibly kill me.
  • Options
    Amazon is evil 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Jeff Bezos is buying us though.
  • Options
    students can get it half price and whole family can use the account
  • Options
    Salad said:
    students can get it half price and whole family can use the account
    I got student membership when I went back to do a Master's degree and they haven't switched it off yet!
  • Options
    I'm more than a bit concerned as to whether the service will cope with the number of people watching, especially tomorrow night.

There is going to be a LOT of people watching!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I'm more than a bit concerned as to whether the service will cope with the number of people watching, especially tomorrow night.

It’ll be fine, copes on a global scale for the US Open, and this is UK only, no warning from AWS earlier about slow speeds! 
  • Options
    Simon Jordan made some very good points on a debate on Talksport earlier this week about how the game and fans would benefit from a ‘Netflix of football’ set up.

It would make more money than the current model, would lead to less illegal streaming, and be more economically friendly for consumers.

Its starting to become more commonplace in sports to have these over the top streaming services - UFC and WWE have both had successful transitions into it in recent years. 

It may also lead to top clubs having to reduce their matchday ticket prices in order to ensure stadiums are filled. I’m all for it, as long as that does happen.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Simon Jordan made some very good points on a debate on Talksport earlier this week about how the game and fans would benefit from a ‘Netflix of football’ set up.

It would make more money than the current model, would lead to less illegal streaming, and be more economically friendly for consumers.

Its starting to become more commonplace in sports to have these over the top streaming services - UFC and WWE have both had successful transitions into it in recent years. 

It may also lead to top clubs having to reduce their matchday ticket prices in order to ensure stadiums are filled. I’m all for it, as long as that does happen.
    Yeah, but Simon Jordan said it so it's a stupid idea!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Amazon basically runs the whole Internet, they can handle it
  • Options
    Amazon Prime also includes the BFI (British Film Institute) streaming library which includes a selection of arthouse, foreign-language and classic films. 
  • Options
    Just got a free 30 day trial and downloaded Amazon on PS4, bring on the football
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The Premier League already have the facility too.

match highlights, full matches, video packages all made in house by the PL for international distribution.
    nothing stopping them launching their own app with all games available etc.

I can see it happening sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yeah, but Simon Jordan said it so it's a stupid idea!
    He spoke a lot of sense, I'd rather pay the Premier league a tenna a month and championship a tenna a month than sky and bt subscription. I can't understand why they wouldn't do it themselves 
  • Options
    Awful picture quality 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Picture quality coming through very well for me.

Refreshing to have a service that isn’t loaded with ad breaks.
  • Options
    Annoyingly having to watch through my laptop (hdmi) as my smart TV won't load the matches.
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting adverts - not surprising though, I imagine they made a pretty penny from them 
  • Options
    so far so good .. pity it's a lacklustre game to start with .. I'd say more BT style than Sky .. decent intros and chatter, good picture quality and commentary .. could be any of the 'major' sports channels .. waiting to see how Amazon will cope tomorrow with a lot of games .. Palace supply the first red card after 20 minutes .. flashback to my youth when almost all midweek games were 19.30 kick offs 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Awful picture quality 
    Average. I think streaming services sometimes seem to struggle with the fast moving ball, I remember watching the US Open tennis last year and the first couple of days the picture was terrible
  • Options
    Awful picture quality 
    Average. I think streaming services sometimes seem to struggle with the fast moving ball, I remember watching the US Open tennis last year and the first couple of days the picture was terrible
    you must have a very slow pc/laptop whatever/bandwidth issues .. my pics are coming through very high quality
  • Options
    Awful picture quality 
    It’s crap isn’t it. Still, better than Coronation St or Eastenders
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Awful picture quality 
    you must have a very slow pc/laptop whatever/bandwidth issues .. my pics are coming through very high quality
    I'm watching on a Smart TV. The general picture is fine, it's just the ball moving quickly which looks a bit odd
  • Options
    Amazon firestick via sky broadband