Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Options
    Toby Alderweireld going Roma. £25m release clause.

Why aren't Man United throwing cash at him?!!
    wherever he goes, he'll be a big loss to Spurs .. why no Man U ? .. cos they don't have a clue (I'm a poet and don't no it)
  • Options

wherever he goes, he'll be a big loss to Spurs .. why no Man U ? .. cos they don't have a clue (I'm a poet and don't no it

Think United have changed policy and buying young and hungry.

• Options

wherever he goes, he'll be a big loss to Spurs .. why no Man U ? .. cos they don't have a clue (I'm a poet and don't no it

shame, I'm old and hungry …..
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Kieran Dowell midfielder .. Everton > Derby .. season loan .. was at the Blades last year .. Derby pick up another highly rated young player just as they did last season 

Also .. Derby appoint Liam Rosenoir to their coaching/technical staff .. he's a regular on SkySports and impresses me as a knowledgeable pundit .. now we'll see if he can put theory/chat into practice
  • Options

wherever he goes, he'll be a big loss to Spurs .. why no Man U ? .. cos they don't have a clue (I'm a poet and don't no it)
    For that matter why would he want to go to Roma (6th in Serie A last season)? A weaker league and Europa League football?
  • Options

For that matter why would he want to go to Roma (6th in Serie A last season)? A weaker league and Europa League football?
    sunshine, culture, MONEY
  • Options

shame, I'm old and hungry …..

I've got the perfect cure for you Large. Get yourself back down the Valley. You can relive your youth and being a money man you will bulk at paying for the 14 chips on offer!
  • Options

They’re offering him 3.5m a year. United could easily match that
  • Options

And offer Smalling, Young and Jones new contracts!
  • Options
    edited July 2019

They’re offering him 3.5m a year. United could easily match that
    Considering that’s what Daniel James is earning per year at Man Utd, a young, talented winger, but one who hasn’t played above The Championship. It’s madness that they wouldn’t go in for him when they seem happy to pay triple that amount for Maguire.

They really don’t have a clue, do they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Griezmann confirmed by Barca just need Neymar now for

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
  • Options
    Ross said:

And offer Smalling, Young and Jones new contracts!
    OGS will be the first Premier League Manager out of the door this season.
  • Options
    Because Toby Alderweirelds release clause cannot be triggered by an English club, he has turned down something like 3 offers from Spurs, wants a massive wage pack on a long term contract, sounds like Levy is just gonna get some money out of him 
  • Options

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
    Except Naby!!!!
  • Options
    Because Toby Alderweirelds release clause cannot be triggered by an English club, he has turned down something like 3 offers from Spurs, wants a massive wage pack on a long term contract, sounds like Levy is just gonna get some money out of him 
    Ahhhh see I didn’t know that. I’m guessing Roma will be giving him a giant signing on fee.
  • Options
    Ahhhh see I didn’t know that. I’m guessing Roma will be giving him a giant signing on fee.
    Yeah mate I was curious why as well so had a look, only reason Arsenal Man U etc haven't gone for him. Looking like 180k a week at Roma and one of their promising young centre backs may be involved in the deal, can't remember the name 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Is this true, haven't seen it reported anywhere? All i've seen is that the clause is active up until 2 weeks before the end of the transfer window.

City and Liverpool don't need him, Chelsea can't sign him, Arsenal probably aren't going to give a huge long term deal to guy who's 31 this coming season. That only leaves United and they want Maguire.
  • Options

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
    Given Griezmann the number 7 shirt which was Coutinho's, so i guess he's on his way out then.
  • Options
    Sam Gallagher 5m to Blackburn from Southampton.
  • Options
    Shows you what we're up against when a side that we probably consider to be an average mid-table one are spending 5m on a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
    Given Griezmann the number 7 shirt which was Coutinho's, so i guess he's on his way out then.
    Surely he'd be better off going back to Liverpool. It hasn't worked out for him at Barcelona but when he is on form he is some player and adding his ability back into the midfield at Liverpool behind their front 3 could well be just what gets them past Man City this coming season. Although, I do think that City are just too strong, but he would without doubt help Liverpool. 
  • Options
    Yeah mate I was curious why as well so had a look, only reason Arsenal Man U etc haven't gone for him. Looking like 180k a week at Roma and one of their promising young centre backs may be involved in the deal, can't remember the name 
    The reports I saw had Toby earning 3.2m a year at Roma.
  • Options
    That’s only just over 60k a week, would be very surprised if he’s leaving Spurs for that. 
  • Options
    Shows you what we're up against when a side that we probably consider to be an average mid-table one are spending 5m on a player.
    Lot of money for someone who hasnt got that many goals at this level though - Be interested to see if Gallagher scores more than Taylor or Aneke
  • Options
    That’s only just over 60k a week, would be very surprised if he’s leaving Spurs for that. 
    Yeah, only 60k per week. Have to feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    Shows you how good Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen are and what a attractive club Charlton is that we don’t need to spend large sums to get what will prove to be players that will take us to the play offs again
  • Options
    It was in The S*n

Might be a heavy bonus related salary - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9491439/spurs-roma-alderweireld-contract-offer/
  • Options
    George Boyd [Sheff Wed - Peterborough] Free .. the Posh have done some good close season biz
    Ivan Cavaleiro [Wolves - Fulham] Loan .. this shows the power that the golden parachute provides .. top quality signing

• Options
    Ryan Haynes [Shrewsbury - Newport] Undisclosed .. he had a very good game against us down there (up there from London) .. thought he might have gone to a bigger club
  • Options
    Is this true, haven't seen it reported anywhere? All i've seen is that the clause is active up until 2 weeks before the end of the transfer window.

City and Liverpool don't need him, Chelsea can't sign him, Arsenal probably aren't going to give a huge long term deal to guy who's 31 this coming season. That only leaves United and they want Maguire.
    I can only go by what I've read and heard and I've seen multiple Arsenal and Spurs fans say so. Spurs saying it's outright all English sides can't meet the release clause, Arsenal fans saying just them and Chelsea. Who knows, wouldn't surprise me as these sort of clauses do exist