Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Options
    Mallik Wilks signs for Barnsley. 
    Barnsley seem to be targeting young talented players
  • Options
    Barnsley seem to be targeting young talented players
    I would imagine they are not the only team doing that...
  • Options
    Quality signing that. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Stephen Henderson potentially signing for Palace

• Options
    Stephen Henderson potentially signing for Palace

Bit bizarre that. Yes the 3rd keeper will hardly play, but you'd have thought that a PL club would be able to do better (especially with his injury record)
  • Options
    Ricky Holmes was at the Millwall game today. 
  • Options
    Henderson to Palace confirmed 
  • Options
    Neil Maupay is going to Sheffield United for 20 million apparently. 

Brentford are signing Pontus Jansson from Leeds for 5.5 million. Brentfords turn around over the years has been excellent. Always selling their best players on for good value and then snapping up talent on the cheap, if they keep this model up they will have that promotion season eventually 
  • Options

Brentford are signing Pontus Jansson from Leeds for 5.5 million. Brentfords turn around over the years has been excellent. Always selling their best players on for good value and then snapping up talent on the cheap, if they keep this model up they will have that promotion season eventually 
    Not so sure. I do agree with you that what they do well is sell players on and spend money on decent replacements. 

The main issue is that whilst they are ensuring they don’t weaken themselves when they lose them, they are just staying competitive without ever really improving. A bit like Peterborough in League one. They seem to find a gem and make good profit but when they sell them they are struggling to progress. 
  • Options
    Bollocks.

Was a right pain in the arse to us, particularly switching wings, in the games I saw him against us last season. Thought he was the biggest threat in that league and am surprised Leeds have let him go.

Good signing for Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Extremely surprised that Wilks has joined Barnsley on loan. I know that Leeds were very keen to have him in this pre season and aim to use him as part of their squad.

However, with Clarke coming back on loan, Harrison rejoining too, and the new signing of Helder Costa, I guess Wilks may have been 4th choice on the wings.

Lots of talk of Leeds is that the deal for Costa with it turning permanent at the end of the season no matter what division they’re in, is suggesting that this Qatari deal to buy Leeds could well happen within the next year or so. Just Radrizzani would get so much more if Leeds are in the Premier League.

Ultimately, regarding Wilks, that’s a good singing for Barnsley and am very surprised that Hull didn’t go in for him, or if they did, didn’t go harder.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Extremely surprised that Wilks has joined Barnsley on loan. I know that Leeds were very keen to have him in this pre season and aim to use him as part of their squad.

However, with Clarke coming back on loan, Harrison rejoining too, and the new signing of Helder Costa, I guess Wilks may have been 4th choice on the wings.

Lots of talk of Leeds is that the deal for Costa with it turning permanent at the end of the season no matter what division they’re in, is suggesting that this Qatari deal to buy Leeds could well happen within the next year or so. Just Radrizzani would get so much more if Leeds are in the Premier League.

Ultimately, regarding Wilks, that’s a good singing for Barnsley and am very surprised that Hull didn’t go in for him, or if they did, didn’t go harder.
    I agree, surprised Leeds him go, and it’s on a permanent deal.  

Although I actually wouldn’t have been massively surprised if it were a loan, with him coming back when Clarke goes off. 
  • Options
    Jack Stacey going from Luton to Bournemouth, another one who was in the Team of the Year for League One
  • Options
    Sage said:

I agree, surprised Leeds him go, and it’s on a permanent deal.  

Although I actually wouldn’t have been massively surprised if it were a loan, with him coming back when Clarke goes off. 
    Bloody hell, I didn't realise it was a permanent deal. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leeds do have some kind of clause where they can buy him back for X amount. I know for certain they really rated him but as I mentioned, this Qatari deal in the background could mean they might have their sights set a little higher in future.

Think he will do well at Barnsley if he improves his fitness and they play to his strengths. 
  • Options

I know he's young but seriously this is getting stupid now. 1 good season in the championship and a striker is worth 20m?!
  • Options

I know he's young but seriously this is getting stupid now. 1 good season in the championship and a striker is worth 20m?!
    It sounds a panic buy to me. 20m for a championship player but then again Che Adams went for 15m i think?
  • Options
    And Sheffield United sold Adams a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The games gone. Crazy money for an average defender who's not an international and whilst at his last premier league club (who aren't exactly a big club) he was good enough to play 17 times in 4 seasons.

However i've seen the fee ranging from 20 to 26.5 so who knows what the actual fee is. Either way it's too much but Villa have 2 billionaire owners so i doubt they care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Bournemouth probably sat there in shock and burst out laughing. Whatever the price, Mings isn’t worth anything near £20mil.

Outrageous really. For Villa to pay that amount they really must think in however long, they could sell him for more to a bigger club. It’s madness.
  • Options
    Celtic paid about 2.5m for Van Dijk. He moved to Southhampton for 14m then to Liverpool for 76m 
    I very much doubt Van Dijk has seen 70m in his bank account
  • Options
    Celtic paid about 2.5m for Van Dijk. He moved to Southhampton for 14m then to Liverpool for 76m 
    What’s that got to do with anything? 
  • Options
    Its got to do with what is being said

• Options

Wasn't that Roland's strategy. Moneyball?

However, the execution of it left a lot to be desired.

The fact that Brentford can outbid us is depressing. I would still maintain that we have more potential as a club.
  • Options
    £26m for Mings is madness. They could have signed Konsa for £12m....a player who Villa’s manager signed for Brentford last summer. 
  • Options
    Its got to do with what is being said

What has a players bank account got to do with the transfer fee though? 
  • Options
    £26m for Mings is madness. They could have signed Konsa for £12m....a player who Villa’s manager signed for Brentford last summer. 
    Agreed, but you would assume that tells you something. Dean Smith mustn’t believe Konsa can cut it otherwise he would be interested. 

Not sure where Mings played for Villa but I know he can play LB aswell so maybe that’s a factor. 
  • Options
    Agreed, but you would assume that tells you something. Dean Smith mustn’t believe Konsa can cut it otherwise he would be interested. 

Not sure where Mings played for Villa but I know he can play LB aswell so maybe that’s a factor. 
    Mings played Centre Back for Villa - and did well. Worth remembering that Konsa can play Right back or as a holding midfielder.

But yeah, Smith must think Konsa isn’t premiership material just yet. 
  • Options

Mings played Centre Back for Villa - and did well. Worth remembering that Konsa can play Right back or as a holding midfielder.

But yeah, Smith must think Konsa isn’t premiership material just yet. 
    They just splashed out on Targett, and have Neil Taylor too so yeah he is being signed as a CB. Haven’t seen enough of him over the last 18 months but 20+ mil for someone not quite good enough for another Prem team is crazy money.