Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Pearce against Mitrovic a season or two back, knocked seven bells out of each other and shook hands at the end.
    One of his best ever performances for us.

Especially when you consider how good Mitrovic is in the Championship
  • Options
    Jason "Dirty" Pearce.

Who called Pearce Dirty ?

Jason said it at Bromley Addicks about 5 years ago when asked to describe himself.

Old school League 1 CB.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    That central role in the middle of a back 3 really suits him. It’ll be interesting to see who plays instead of Famewo in the cup, Pearce being a left footer seems the natural choice but JJ may prefer a quicker player in that position.
    Yep, I make you right. Last night Famewo played much of the 2nd half covering LB areas, even sometimes pushing up behind Purrington.
    You can't imagine dear old Pearcey being so versatile or even covering the ground, let alone able to quickly get back and recover the LCB position.

If Fam is ineligible for the Norwich cup game, JJ may even choose to go with Ben Purr as LCB, and play Saoure as LWB ?

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Pearce against Mitrovic a season or two back, knocked seven bells out of each other and shook hands at the end.
    That's how it always used to be when I started watching Charlton.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    That central role in the middle of a back 3 really suits him. It’ll be interesting to see who plays instead of Famewo in the cup, Pearce being a left footer seems the natural choice but JJ may prefer a quicker player in that position.
    Yep, I make you right. Last night Famewo played much of the 2nd half covering LB areas, even sometimes pushing up behind Purrington.
    You can't imagine dear old Pearcey being so versatile or even covering the ground, let alone able to quickly get back and recover the LCB position.

If Fam is ineligible for the Norwich cup game, JJ may even choose to go with Ben Purr as LCB, and play Saoure as LWB ?

Soare played there vs Havant. I believe Gunter has played left of a back three for Wales. Purrington another option, but we'd lose something in attack if he no longer has that license to get into the opposition's penalty area. All probably better options there than Pearce. He needs to stay central and in his comfort zone, we don't want him getting pulled out to cover off fast wingers that get in behind the our left wing-back.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Purrington LCB and Leko LWB. Souare isn't up to it and I'd rather not see Gunter again (though obviously he'd be chosen). 
  • Options
    Piggott tried to have a go at Pearce and got a thump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce ages like a fine wine, amazing to think of his run of poor form last season, probably lack of fitness?
  • Options
    He wears a magic hat. The Skip! As JJ calls him! 
  • Options
    Pearce is good as the sweeper role n a three man back line because he can sit a little deeper. I wouldn’t want him playing higher as he doesn’t have the pace for that at his age. 
  • Options
    he knew he was caught out of position when he jumped on the strikers back and rodeo'd him but it was vital he did coz 1 ball and they would have been in - he has surprised me this year and is indeed vital to us atm - like all departments of the team since jacko took over, the defence has a good balance about it and maximises the attributes of the players  
  • Options
    Always liked Pearcey, his attitude and the way he plays.

However, you just know that after all the praise on this thread, he'll either score an own goal on Saturday or get sent off!
  • Options
    Jason at the moment is undroppable,even when our supposed first choice cbs are fit,always loved his attitude,he has struggled at times ,but will never hide or shirk his responsibilities.
  • Options
    He’s I think the only Charlton player other that Lyle Taylor I’ve spoken to at any length, and I’d have to say he’s a lovely bloke. Have to admit I preferred Sarr over him (I thought both were prone to the occasional mistakes - this is L1 after all - but thought Sarr’s distribution was the clincher) but I’m really made up that he’s played so well this season. He LOVES a challenge. The bigger the centre forward, the more he seems to enjoy bringing them down to earth. Literally, in some cases. Love him to bits. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    iaitch said:
    I had no idea you were that old!  ;-)
  • Options
    Pearce has surprised me this season after some poor displays last season. Hope his good form continues.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Would hope we've sent Souare back by then and have some decent competition for LWB come in, but whatever the solution for Norwich I wouldn't move Pearce. Think he's found his niche. If Inniss is back I think you bite the bullet and play a right footer there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His performances this season means that hardly much focus has been placed on the return of Innis to full training. That's telling of his performances!
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Would hope we've sent Souare back by then and have some decent competition for LWB come in, but whatever the solution for Norwich I wouldn't move Pearce. Think he's found his niche. If Inniss is back I think you bite the bullet and play a right footer there.
    Sent Soare back where? He’s ours. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Sent Soare back where? He’s ours. 
    Palace, please. 
  • Options
    The formation we play leaves us more protected against pace. Take that weakness off the table and Pearce's strengths come to the fore.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Oggy Red said:
    iaitch said:
    I had no idea you were that old!  ;-)
    Oi, watch it sunshine! ....... although just maybe you're not too far behind me! :wink::smiley:

• Options
    In the last six games Pearce has played we've picked up 16/18 points and conceded just one goal and that was in the 1-1 draw with the top of the table side, Rotherham.
    Update

Pearce's last 7 games - Won 6 - Drawn 1 - Lost 0 - For 14 Against 1
  • Options
    He’s done it all ain’t he, even been on the apprentice.
  • Options
    Hope that apprentice goes to the police about it?